Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
Cause they haven't managed to reverse-engineer and replicate DSMX yet
HobbyKing has
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2012, 04:25 PM
Suspended Account
I heard that all the old Spektrum DSM2 Receivers were all bought out and sold to Tmart
Dec 13, 2012, 04:29 PM
NORTHLAND NEW ZEALAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler
if you look very closely at the dx8 screen you can see dsmx on the upper right hand corner of the screen. They have managed to reverse engineer dsmx.
Dec 13, 2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau
If it's dsm2 compat with there orx rx's and has more than 10 model memory I'll get one or 2 for sure as im betting its going to be under $100. My dx7 is full and been wanting a dx8 for more model memory, but $350 just to hold more models is just stupid. I love my dx7 just wish it had more memory
DO you know if this will work with parkzone dsm2 planes eg. t28
Dec 13, 2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
I heard that all the old Spektrum DSM2 Receivers were all bought out and sold to Tmart
You heard wrong.

Andy
Dec 13, 2012, 06:07 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D design
if you look very closely at the dx8 screen you can see dsmx on the upper right hand corner of the screen. They have managed to reverse engineer dsmx.
They may have it working with one transmitter, but it doesn't mean they've worked it out for all transmitters...
Dec 13, 2012, 08:37 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
You heard wrong.

Andy
Maybe
Dec 13, 2012, 11:11 PM
Absolutely definitely heard wrong.

Andy
Dec 13, 2012, 11:36 PM
Suspended Account
Spektrum is all junk anyways , Airtronics all for me
Dec 14, 2012, 12:01 AM
hjukhjuk
Quote:
Spektrum is all junk anyways , Airtronics all for me
A little bit harsh don't you think? Especially considering you were responding to the guy from the development team.
Dec 14, 2012, 12:09 AM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
Looking at his post history, a post like that isn't unexpected... and we all know he is quite wrong. If it was all junk, then how could any of the thousands of happy spektrum customers continue to fly planes without issues?
Dec 14, 2012, 12:12 AM
Only 2.4 airtronics I've seen a local member bought and accidently left his plane hooked up. He went and set up another plane, and when he went to hand launch his glider, well lets just say a 13" APC prop cuts right through a 60 size topflite Corsair wing with ease!
I've been guilty of doing the same from time to time, but thankfully i have model match

I'm still using dsm2 and it works great for me...been meaning to send my 9503 in for the dsmx update.

Andy and crew, keep up the good work!
Dec 14, 2012, 01:18 AM
B12
B12
Model match is just an attempt of idiot proofing. It should not be needed at all. Unfortunately it is.

1:1 pilots always do pre-flight check before take off. RC pilots SHOULD as well. And after landing the first thing to do is to power off the model. Before every take off the pre-flight check of all controls SHOULD be done to check no damage was done in previous landing and that every control works in right direction.
Dec 14, 2012, 05:38 AM
NORTHLAND NEW ZEALAND
hay andy why does the throttle channel on my ar600 lag? am i doing something wrong?

cheers, Nathan
Dec 14, 2012, 06:46 AM
68 years an RC flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by B12
Model match is just an attempt of idiot proofing. It should not be needed at all. Unfortunately it is.

1:1 pilots always do pre-flight check before take off. RC pilots SHOULD as well. And after landing the first thing to do is to power off the model. Before every take off the pre-flight check of all controls SHOULD be done to check no damage was done in previous landing and that every control works in right direction.
It's always nice to hear from the few among us who never make mistakes. The rest of us idiots find Model Match very useful.

Quick Reply