ORX T-Six (OrangeRX Transmitter) - Page 51 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 26, 2013, 08:54 PM
This trans. doesn't have Model Match. I wish it did. I have the little Beast in mine, which is bound the same way and it works fine with no losses.

Gord.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2013, 09:52 PM
Classic Pattern
Fresh buddy code for a T-Six. Drops the price from $67.31 to $53.32

Code is valid until July 12. Don't forget you have to log in first and refresh the page.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...B-51360C888641
Jun 27, 2013, 10:08 PM
It took me 30 years?!?!!!
Has anyone tried using an Anylink with the T-Six?
Jun 28, 2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsai
Has anyone tried using an Anylink with the T-Six?
The trainer port on the T-Six is non-standard. It can probably be made to work if you can figure out the pinouts.

On a related note a box arrived from HK containing a very, very bright TX. Hee, hee hee

Testing time !
Jun 28, 2013, 08:18 PM
"Landing" in a tree somewhere
Someone was able to successfully make a trainer cable compatible with Spektrum/JR (tested with their DX6i). Someone else was able to make one and get their T-Six to work with phoenix sim so you probably could get it working. Note there's no charging port on the T-Six unlike the DX6i so you'll need a battery to power the module.

My T-Six should hopefully be here Monday.
Jun 28, 2013, 08:37 PM
It took me 30 years?!?!!!
Good info. Thanks, guys!
Jun 28, 2013, 11:28 PM
Retired in NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
Someone was able to successfully make a trainer cable compatible with Spektrum/JR (tested with their DX6i). Someone else was able to make one and get their T-Six to work with phoenix sim so you probably could get it working. Note there's no charging port on the T-Six unlike the DX6i so you'll need a battery to power the module.

My T-Six should hopefully be here Monday.
I built the design and it works fine. All you need is an s-video connector and 3.5mm male jack.
Jun 29, 2013, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in ILM
I built the design and it works fine. All you need is an s-video connector and 3.5mm male jack.
I started off with a cheap s-video cable that I cut the connector off but they don't have a shield connection so I ordered a component connector online. It works like a charm (dx5e and smartpropoplus sim connection) but I didn't actually try mine without the shield connection. Do you know if it's necessary? Did you make the connection on yours?

The 3.5mm only needs to be tip/sleeve rather than tip/ring/sleeve - i.e. mono rather than stereo.
Jun 29, 2013, 04:19 AM
Retired in NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelloGuy
I started off with a cheap s-video cable that I cut the connector off but they don't have a shield connection so I ordered a component connector online. It works like a charm (dx5e and smartpropoplus sim connection) but I didn't actually try mine without the shield connection. Do you know if it's necessary? Did you make the connection on yours?

The 3.5mm only needs to be tip/sleeve rather than tip/ring/sleeve - i.e. mono rather than stereo.
I just soldered an extra wire to the s-video shell and ran it back to the 3.5 mm connector.
Jun 29, 2013, 07:33 AM
Instructions say you can start the timer by the throttle stick. Has anyone been able to program this?? Would be handy as I always forget to hit the timer switch.

Gord
Jun 29, 2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2
Would be handy as I always forget to hit the timer switch.: Gord
^ Me too!
Jun 29, 2013, 08:05 AM
ARF Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf.

I'm binding my Orange T-six TX to a Blade mCX2. I know for initial bind you turn on heli, it blinks wanting to bind, turn on TX holding bind switch for a few, let off, and it binds. After that, turn on TX first then heli and then heli off and lastly TX off.

Mine "forgets" the bind sometimes. I've had it binded and then a few days later, having not used the heli or the TX in between times, I turn on TX and then heli and there is no bind. Other times it seems to "remember" the bind. I've only had the TX for a few days and this is the only heli I'm flying on it. I've not been using it long enough to see a pattern.

Any other Orange TX users experience anything like this? This isn't the "model match" thing that is patented causing this is it?

Thanks
I have 2 T-6s, call them ratty and solid. Ratty will connect to any of 6 models solid once a day on 1st try. After that ratty only connects if I turn on receivers BEFORE T-6!!! Solid acts like a normal xmitter.

Question, What are you doing when your xmitter doesn't connect?
Jun 29, 2013, 09:25 AM
Classic Pattern
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsamer
I have 2 T-6s, call them ratty and solid. Ratty will connect to any of 6 models solid once a day on 1st try. After that ratty only connects if I turn on receivers BEFORE T-6!!! Solid acts like a normal xmitter.

Question, What are you doing when your xmitter doesn't connect?
Did you order both transmitters at the same time or is Ratty older than Solid? I am curious if maybe the first production run had that bind issue.
Jun 29, 2013, 10:07 AM
Does this Tx have exceptional battery life like the DX6i.
Jun 29, 2013, 10:12 AM
Retired in NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tug
Does this Tx have exceptional battery life like the DX6i.
Slightly less, dependent on how you have the backlight is set.