ORX T-Six (OrangeRX Transmitter) - Page 3 - RC Groups
Nov 17, 2012, 11:49 PM
Unregistered User
hmmm
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2012, 07:24 AM
ICrashRCs
$65
OrangeRx T-SIX 2.4GHz DSM2 6CH Programmable Transmitter w/10 Model Memory (Mode 2)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Mode_2_.html
Dec 06, 2012, 09:53 AM
Prefectionist
Very close copy of the spektrum dX6i with a few differences.

Significantly they copied the DX6i Bug that prevents throttle from being the slave channel of mixes so no rudder -> throttle mixes for 2 motor planes.
Dec 06, 2012, 11:42 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd
Very close copy of the spektrum dX6i with a few differences..
Not even close...

It is quite a bit higher priced than I thought this would be
Dec 06, 2012, 12:00 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
They Flysky 6 channel Tx is cheaper than this one, even more when considering shipping, and it might be better quality, but surely less eye-melting.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-t6-6ch-radio-lcd.html
Dec 06, 2012, 02:15 PM
RC beginner
again, like in the other thread, that is not spektrum compatible so apples and oranges. i have one of these flysky units and its a great radio. but w/o a module bay not really a consideration for those looking for cheap dx clone or um pz radio.
Dec 06, 2012, 03:19 PM
I did order one. It looks great.

No one of the "bigger" sellers will ever have the balls to produce an orange semi transparent case.
Is this dsm2 clone system as reliable / good as my FrSky stuff? Can i trust it?

I have got an aurora with frsky module (a bitch to solder in, dont try) which is perfectly reliable, and i got a turnigy-9x with first flysky-module-V1 and then frsky-module which had serious problems with the pots after a year, but no issues with flysky or frsky modules, never.

Can i expect "no issues" from orangerx-tx, or does it have problems like the original spektrum seems to have had? (blocking receivers)
Dec 06, 2012, 04:02 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
I guess you'll be one of the guinea pigs

See the result of their previous DSM product launch: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1770202
Dec 06, 2012, 04:18 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
Quote:
I did order one. It looks great.

No one of the "bigger" sellers will ever have the balls to produce an orange semi transparent case.

I have got an aurora with frsky module (a bitch to solder in, dont try) which is perfectly reliable, and i got a turnigy-9x with first flysky-module-V1 and then frsky-module which had serious problems with the pots after a year, but no issues with flysky or frsky modules, never.

Can i expect "no issues" from orangerx-tx, or does it have problems like the original spektrum seems to have had? (blocking receivers)
It's a transmitter that is designed(?) by and made for HobbyKing that uses an outdated Spektrum protocol, with no visible FCC ID or CE NB markings.

What possibly could go wrong?
Dec 06, 2012, 05:16 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
the 14 ch tx module i got from the first batch had a glitchy ch2, and aside from that, every now and then it looses bind on the RX side and i have to use the "change channel" button on the back. the manual stated its function, and i suspect like most things the first batch of moduels shipped with bad firmware nessitating the changing of the TX ID every so often.

id love to get this TX, but not at 100 shipped, and not when my modded 9x does so much more. on a happier note, how long till some one hacks this one? i bet its the same ATmega64 processor...

ah, who am i kidding, i still want one just for the funky orange "steal me" paint.
Dec 07, 2012, 01:59 AM
Still waiting for the Turnigy 9XR, but this one would look cool with some lights inside, made up to Glow in the dark!

Tommy
Dec 07, 2012, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers
outdated Spektrum protocol
Excuse my ignorance. I this correct:
DSM - non hopping, 2 fixed channels
DSM2 - hopping
DSMX - no idea

Personally i did never have issues with the flysky V1 which uses only one channel and except for the tx-power "should" be worse than the first version of DSM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers
no visible CE NB markings
Seems the user will be able to switch 10mw / 100mw in the setup. Is there one single person in the world who will use 10mw, deliberately reducing the range by factor more than 2?
Last edited by Cesco; Dec 07, 2012 at 04:01 AM.
Dec 07, 2012, 04:11 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Excuse my ignorance. I this correct:
DSM - non hopping, 2 fixed channels
DSM2 - same
DSMX - hopping
Fixed
Dec 07, 2012, 04:31 AM
Should sell very well here in the Netherlands - and DX6i functionality at less than half the price doesn't sound too bad to me, if it works Ok.