ORX T-Six (OrangeRX Transmitter) - Page 113 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 06, 2017, 01:08 PM
removed battery for 1 day and then reinstalled. Same problem. Does anyone know if there is a button or jumper switch on the motherboard to reset the system?
tjcooper
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 06:46 PM
SOLUTION: I saw earlier in this thread where people had similar "throttle warning" error. They thought it was battery. So I charged my LiPo to full and tried again. Got same warning, but noticed that if I held the throttle stick down hard, that the "setting" value started to drop from 34%. Eventually with a lot of playing around, I got it to go to 0% and the throttle warning turned off. Now I can control my models and get to all the menus.

SOLUTION: patience at holding down the throttle for a long time.

new problem of the trim switch for rudder only working in one direction. Took apart case and all screws on controller board for switches. THen the rudder trim worked again. So that is solved. Now the throttle level will not change from full. I think I have bumped some of the controller wires and need to re-solder.

So if I get it all working again, will I trust it to fly an airplane or a drone in the air? What if it locks up when I am flying? I see that Banggood.com has the same unit for $75 called FrSky. Is it worth replacing or should I move up to something else that will give me better operational features and reliability? Looking for comments.
tjcooper
Nov 11, 2017, 10:04 AM
No bounce, No play.
Move up to better system. Fr Sky has nice budget Tx now.

Spektrum has a couple lower priced units.

Graupner has really new 12 channel Tx.

Many good choices better than Orange.
Nov 11, 2017, 11:25 PM
UPDATE: did re-solder of leads. That was not solution, the pc on the bot is flaky. If you push on it and glue it down, then it works for awhile, then stop again. So unit is toast and I move on. I have the EVO from Multiplex so I know a good unit when I see one, but things are changing too quickly these days. Want a 9 channel for air and drone. FrSky has 7 channel for good price. Looking at others.
tjcooper
Nov 11, 2017, 11:37 PM
60 years of RC flying

ORX T-Six (OrangeRX Transmitter)

Seven channel FrSky??? The QX7 is 16 or more.
Nov 12, 2017, 05:49 PM
Aim:
To allow for RC loss condition, bind Orx T6 transmitter to receiver while in "throttle cut" mode to set that as the receivers fail-safe. I'm using Arducopter on a multirotor so this would initiate Return To Launch if there's RC loss.

Problem:
Orx T6 wont output any signal at all or bind while there's any warning or error, cant bind with throttle cut switch operated. Also I don't want to bind with flight mode switch in RTL mode as I'll probably end up altering flight modes and switch positions and forget about fail-safe; In that case RC loss would initiate some other flight mode and actions or crash.

Solution:
Set throttle travel to 125% down, this takes the PWM output into the throttle fail-safe region, about 975PWM on my T6. This is similar to having the throttle cut switch operated. I also set the Arducopter throttle fail-safe level to 990PWM just to be sure.
Now bind to receiver with the throttle on minimum and switches in normal positions.
Set throttle travel back to default 100% down.
Test by turning the transmitter off and observe flight controller behaviour via groundstation - QGC, APM Planner or Mission Planner - you should get a throttle fail-safe and initiate Return To Launch.