Nov 15, 2012, 11:50 PM
Any update on the vctrc gyro?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2012, 09:26 AM
K.I.S.S.
Hi guys Question, can a satellite RX be used with this gyro? Is it non receiver ready?
Michael
Nov 18, 2012, 10:20 AM
No sat rx functions available with this firmware version.
Nov 18, 2012, 03:16 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Even thought the manual says it can work with a satellite or S-Bus, it can't. I've had it confirmed with the manufacturer, as well.
Nov 19, 2012, 02:37 AM
so BF have you been able to test the vctrc gyro?
Nov 19, 2012, 12:37 PM
Я купил тоже данный FBL, но только с надписью RCX. В отличие от того, который описывается здесь, мой был не в пластиковом, а алюминиевом корпусе. Его вес 25 грамм. Прошивка V1 от Microbeast X оригинала. У меня на 500 и 600PRO стоят оригинальные Microbeast, поэтому я могу сравнить их.
На третью Rex500 я поставил клона. Он так же сразу полетел как и оригиналы. Разницы я не заметил. Хотя на Microbeast X у меня стоит на одном V3.0.8 и на другом V3.0.12
Летал по кругу, так полёт первый и боялся что он сломается в полёте

Hello. I do not know English, so I will write in Russian and then translated by the computer into English. So for translation scold http://translate.google.com
I also bought this FBL, but only with the words RCX. In contrast to the one described here, I was not in the plastic, and aluminum. Its weight is 25 grams. Firmware V1 Microbeast X from the original. I have a T-Rex500 and T-Rex600PRO are original Microbeast, so I can compare them.
On the third I put Rex500 clone. He also once flew as the originals. I have not noticed a difference. While on Microbeast X I have is one on another V3.0.8 V3.0.12
Here's a video
Первый полёт клона Microbeast.mp4 (3 min 59 sec)

He flew in a circle, so the first flight, and was afraid that it will break in the air
Nov 19, 2012, 01:02 PM
Сейчас попробовал подключить клона через оригинальный шнур от Microbeast X. Хочется попробовать прошить его новой прошивкой 3.0.8, но боюсь.
Через программу настройки показывает вот что:
Как вы думаете? Стоит попробовать или не надо прошивать?

Now try to connect the power cord through the original clone from Microbeast X. I want to try to flash the new firmware to 3.0.8, but I'm afraid.
After setup shows this:
What do you think? Worth a try or do not flash?
Nov 19, 2012, 02:17 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Hi Seregasvi. Thanks for the video. Yes, it certainly looks like the same gyro, using a metal case instead of the plastic case.

I wouldn't attempt the flash to v3. An attempt with the HB800 failed and left the gyro unusable. I suspect the boot loader does not know how to decrypt the firmware properly. Of course it may be different with this version, but it's unlikely.
Nov 19, 2012, 02:19 PM
DO not try and flash it!!!! You will more than likely brick it like the HB800....Do not do it!!!!
Nov 19, 2012, 02:22 PM

Risky

Hi Seregasvi, I'd be really surprised if you could flash the VCTRC unit with the latest MicroBeast firmware - if you could, it would make it easily the best value for money unit on the market!

Your attached screenshot seems to show the Microbeast software not recognising the unit.

Loading the later firmware would be a step into the unknown, and you would risk disabling your VCTRC - but if it worked, I suspect there would be a mad rush to buy VCTRC controllers, and then maybe some legal action from the makers of Microbeast!
Nov 19, 2012, 02:25 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by volumax
so BF have you been able to test the vctrc gyro?
My ALZRC Devil 450 FAST build is being held up by the servos coming from HobbyKing.

They're obviously getting a better shipping rate from Singapore Post, at the moment, but Singapore post is so backlogged that the parcel isn't even showing on their tracking site 13 days after it was shipped from the HK warehouse. I've complained to HobbyKing, but they just said to wait 7 to 10 business days for it to appear on Singposts site.
Nov 19, 2012, 02:28 PM
I'm still waiting on my last HK order, despite having had a bunch of stuff from Leadershobby about a week ago that I ordered on the same day as my HK stuff.
Nov 19, 2012, 04:38 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
In my reply to HK's response saying to wait, I told them just that, that other suppliers in the same region are not having the same delays, and that I would have to think twice before using HK again, if this was going to continue. Not that they would probably care, but it made me feel better.

The reply will be interesting, and will make up my mind as to whether to use my contact the boss of HK feature.

I've had a good response to this in the pass. I contacted him about upgrading the HK450 Pro head from the sport one they were using and got a good reply.
Nov 20, 2012, 11:00 PM
Not da momma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seregasvi
Как вы думаете? Стоит попробовать или не надо прошивать?
Если бы я владел двумя гироскопами, я хотел бы попытаться обновить один. Это, скорее всего, не получится, но даже если это произойдет, вам все равно придется еще один, чтобы использовать. Если бы это был успешным, это было бы здорово!

If I owned two gyros, I would attempt to upgrade one. It will probably fail, but even if it does, you will still have another one to use. If it were successful, it would be great!

--

Where are you guys ordering the ALZRC bits from? I'm really digging that *cough* goblin-esque canopy/fuse.
Nov 20, 2012, 11:13 PM
The best place I found is http://www.rc711.com/shop/index.php

Quick Reply