Thread Tools
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:46 PM
Adrnln Jnke is offline
Find More Posts by Adrnln Jnke
Registered User
Adrnln Jnke's Avatar
Heres a question, does anybody know of a taller skid set that will fit the 450d03?

Like I said in an eailer post, I'm trying to mount my Gopro under my heli but the skids sit to close to the body.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Last edited by Adrnln Jnke; Feb 10, 2013 at 10:37 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:03 PM
clearprop88 is offline
Find More Posts by clearprop88
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
DSMx is working. I bind my blade nano and my 300x to my 8s in dsmx mode.

All I'll say is that my personal experience with the 300x has been a bad one. Nothing to do with the deviation firmware, just talking about the heli itself. Who knows, I might have just got a lemon.
What don't you like about it?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:08 PM
Rain4LA is offline
Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Registered User
Rain4LA's Avatar
Does anyone know the trick to getting the tail boom off of the D03? Do I need to remove the receiver off of the mount to get to a vertical screw that goes through the boom?

Thanks for any help!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:39 PM
clearprop88 is offline
Find More Posts by clearprop88
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
Does anyone know the trick to getting the tail boom off of the D03? Do I need to remove the receiver off of the mount to get to a vertical screw that goes through the boom?

Thanks for any help!
Here's a link to the assembly diagram.
http://image.helipal.com/helipal-wal...03-diagram.jpg
You may have to remove the RX tray to get to the clamp bolt that holds the boom in.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:47 PM
Rain4LA is offline
Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Registered User
Rain4LA's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Here's a link to the assembly diagram.
http://image.helipal.com/helipal-wal...03-diagram.jpg
You may have to remove the RX tray to get to the clamp bolt that holds the boom in.
Thank you, I thought I would have to take it off. How inconvenient.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:32 AM
Hexperience is offline
Find More Posts by Hexperience
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Hexperience's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
What don't you like about it?
Tail servo failed after the 4th hover. Ar7200bx is faulty and cuts power. (does this on dx6i too. Not a deviation problem)

I installed a 2702v for now... But i was expecting more than a couple of months out of the ar7200bx.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:37 AM
Hexperience is offline
Find More Posts by Hexperience
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Hexperience's Avatar
I installed my 45 amp YEP last night. The slow start works pretty well. I can put the throttle at mid stick and pop off throttle hold and it spins up nicely with no shakes. Its not as slow as the turnigy AE series but has more features.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:09 AM
Rollmops67 is offline
Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Eternal beginner
Rollmops67's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
Does anyone know the trick to getting the tail boom off of the D03? Do I need to remove the receiver off of the mount to get to a vertical screw that goes through the boom?

Thanks for any help!
There are 5 screws at each side of the main frame towards the rear (so 10 screws in total).
When you remove these screws and disconnect the throttle connector and tail rotor servo connector from the Rx, you can remove the whole tail boom, it's very easy and convenient. No need to remove the Rx wich is mounted on the main frame.

Roland
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:35 AM
clearprop88 is offline
Find More Posts by clearprop88
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
Tail servo failed after the 4th hover. Ar7200bx is faulty and cuts power. (does this on dx6i too. Not a deviation problem)

I installed a 2702v for now... But i was expecting more than a couple of months out of the ar7200bx.
The reason I asked is that I'm having problems with my 300X also. I removed the BX, and replaced it with a 2702V. I'll fly it tomorrow to see how it goes. I'll be using a Devo 8 with Deviation.
You can PM me if you want to continue this conversation since it's off thread.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:33 PM
Hexperience is offline
Find More Posts by Hexperience
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Hexperience's Avatar
You're right!

To get back on topic I have a question... Which Bind plug did the v450d03 come with? I have a few of them sitting on my bench and can't remember if it was a walkera style or normal one?

Also, is it just me or does the tail not do "heading hold"? I've been flying it fine the way it is, but on every other FBL heli I have I am able to put it into rate mode and HH mode. When in HH mode moving the rudder stick makes the tail move then Hold position. On the v450d03, it acts like rate mode all the time. Again... flies fine, doesn't feel like rate mode.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:12 PM
ulrichard is offline
Find More Posts by ulrichard
Registered User
Is there a chance that I can hook up my Devo7e to a simulator?
If I plug it in, it's not even recognized.
lsusb doesn't display anything fresh, and dmesg | tail the following :
[ 989.104580] usb 6-2: new full-speed USB device number 9 using ohci_hcd
[ 989.512336] usb 6-2: device not accepting address 9, error -62
[ 989.512364] hub 6-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
[ 1465.340415] usb 2-2.4.1: USB disconnect, device number 7

BTW, which sim would you recommend?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:59 PM
Rain4LA is offline
Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Registered User
Rain4LA's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
There are 5 screws at each side of the main frame towards the rear (so 10 screws in total).
When you remove these screws and disconnect the throttle connector and tail rotor servo connector from the Rx, you can remove the whole tail boom, it's very easy and convenient. No need to remove the Rx wich is mounted on the main frame.

Roland
Hey, thanks! I just saw that you posted this... I appreciate that.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:23 PM
goldsworthy is offline
Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Suspended Account
I think the main problem with these is the name Walkera!~
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:24 PM
Robmacdon is offline
Find More Posts by Robmacdon
Southern cal. Flyer
I use my devo 7e with Phoenix v4 and it works great, just set it up as a generic controller and you'll have to reverse a couple settings. I don't know about the d03, I want to go 450 size and almost bought it but the frame cracking issue and walkera servos I'm just afraid to get it. I may just build a clone instead, maybe tarot, I don't know I've only been learning on genious cp and super cp which I like but their track record with bigger Helis isn't very good.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:25 PM
para5063 is offline
Find More Posts by para5063
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmacdon View Post
I use my devo 7e with Phoenix v4 and it works great, just set it up as a generic controller and you'll have to reverse a couple settings. I don't know about the d03, I want to go 450 size and almost bought it but the frame cracking issue and walkera servos I'm just afraid to get it. I may just build a clone instead, maybe tarot, I don't know I've only been learning on genious cp and super cp which I like but their track record with bigger Helis isn't very good.
If you can fly the Genius CP and Super CP, you can most definitely fly the V450D03. The frame of the D03 is fairly strong. Give it a try, I think you'll be surprised.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Walkera's new Y6 and octo minis! ddoltar Multirotor Talk 19 Feb 28, 2016 01:40 PM
New Product Walkera New V120D02S V2---NEW 6-Axis Gyro and Upgrade online receiver! bigflier Micro Helis 144 Feb 14, 2016 11:56 PM
Discussion Walkera New Product Forecast: V450D03 oomodel Large Electric Helis 4 Apr 10, 2015 12:27 AM
Sold Walkera CB100 Like New - Brushless Tail Motor Upgrade scharlach Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jun 11, 2012 07:48 PM
Sold Walkera 4G6S 4G3 4#6S 4G6 4#6 BL Brushless motor and walkera like new esc blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Feb 19, 2011 01:51 AM