Aug 20, 2013, 09:27 PM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis S
... and at under 500 bucks RTF, It is still less then a lot of hobby grade entry level CP's
I haven't been looking at RTF CP helis lately, but my KDS 450QS (RTF) that I bought 2 years ago, was just USD 230 at my local hobby shop. Things should have gotten cheaper now but I've never stepped into a hobby shop in the US so I'm actually clueless about the off-the-shelf prices.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2013, 10:20 PM
Orlando FL
I just checked it out, looks good, at that price I will not have to hide it from my wife

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany
You should wait for the EyeOne Xtreme, V959 sized, 120 bucks BL RTF with multiple modes. A flyer's quad, not a "be flown by sensors" quad.
And while having fun with this, get money aside for a decent self built one.

-mike-
Aug 20, 2013, 10:28 PM
Orlando FL
I just looked this up, looks good both the heli and the price. So many choices so little time and money. but I will give it a closer look, thanks for the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
I haven't been looking at RTF CP helis lately, but my KDS 450QS (RTF) that I bought 2 years ago, was just USD 230 at my local hobby shop. Things should have gotten cheaper now but I've never stepped into a hobby shop in the US so I'm actually clueless about the off-the-shelf prices.
Aug 20, 2013, 11:39 PM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Thread OP
My point was to show that there are cheap CPs around but that particular 450 is not recommended. You should spend a little more for something more precise and reliable. A cheap, low quality heli may cause crash that damages both itself and the pilot. For more in depth discussion, try the mini heli forum.
Aug 21, 2013, 02:50 AM
[B]I am delighted of the attention and help I did receive in this thread! Thank you friends!

Regards,
Aug 21, 2013, 08:57 AM
Eye to the sky!
Quote:
I am sure you are right, but I think I am going to move up to a hobby grade quad, HH is coming out with the Blade QX 350 in October and that looks to be an awesome machine, and at under 500 bucks RTF, It is still less then a lot of hobby grade entry level CP's

Just got a brand new BNF mCP X heli from Blade for $90. It's $100 if you need a Tx & want RTF.

Great place to start out in the CP heli world from my reading, and so far I've been very happy with the purchase.
Aug 21, 2013, 10:11 AM
Firepower
There were only bulls in the paddock where I lost mine but they seemed friendly.

Guess I should have painted it bright red. I have another one that I bought second hand for $50 when the first came out. I just replaced all the motors so it flies all right now. The new really good one that disappeared was only the current price of $36.

That will do me but might keep it for inside or very close flying outside.

I have been flying the 949 with FPV and a camera and have lost it for a while but being a bigger size I eventually find it.

Quote:
Now that is weird, same thing happen to me earlier today, had my Hubsan way to high, gust of wind pushed it toward the lake, at that point it went out of range and fell, I had hope it fell short of the water but after a hour search never found it, took this photo at the spot it went down, yes that is an alligator
Last edited by Firepower; Aug 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM.
Aug 21, 2013, 10:12 AM
Alien WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4207
Just got a brand new BNF mCP X heli from Blade for $90. It's $100 if you need a Tx & want RTF.

Great place to start out in the CP heli world from my reading, and so far I've been very happy with the purchase.
Which one are you liking best (flying most) - the CP or the FP FBL?
Aug 21, 2013, 05:25 PM
Eye to the sky!
I probably fly the FP FBL the most, but I do have a lot more batteries for it since they are the same as nQX.

The CP was a bit of a handful at first, but I'm getting a lot better! Even the FP FBL was a bit more than I had initially thought, but I have increased the rates and am really enjoying it as well. I almost managed to flip the mSRX the other day, but kinda freaked out when it got inverted and ended up driving it into the ground pretty hard and broke a canopy mount. A little CA and then some hot glue and she's good as new!

Flying both these crafts has improved my skills significantly. I'm getting a lot better flying the nQX in acro mode now! I can fly around and do banked turns very easily now. I even managed a flip earlier today!

Edit: Just managed several flips on my mSRX!!! Forward a few times, once backwards, and once sideways.
Last edited by jason4207; Aug 21, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
Aug 21, 2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EArHog
Which one are you liking best (flying most) - the CP or the FP FBL?
Hi.
I can chime in on this.
I tried to fly a 450 class cp and a Blade CP Pro.
It's cool. It takes nerves and lots and lots of practice(not too mention having to accept that you most likely will be breaking things) and has it's rewards.
I have the mSRx FP FBL that I fly with my HP6DSM(stock Tx for the CP PRo2) and besides being sketchy in the breezes, offers a pretty good experience.

I still have the others, they're just getting dusty.
I really should complete the 450 and sell it, just needs the sevo laying here on my bench.

Good luck choosing.
Aug 21, 2013, 06:41 PM
Alien WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4207
I probably fly the FP FBL the most, but I do have a lot more batteries for it since they are the same as nQX.

The CP was a bit of a handful at first, but I'm getting a lot better! Even the FP FBL was a bit more than I had initially thought, but I have increased the rates and am really enjoying it as well. I almost managed to flip the mSRX the other day, but kinda freaked out when it got inverted and ended up driving it into the ground pretty hard and broke a canopy mount. A little CA and then some hot glue and she's good as new!

Flying both these crafts has improved my skills significantly. I'm getting a lot better flying the nQX in acro mode now! I can fly around and do banked turns very easily now. I even managed a flip earlier today!

Edit: Just managed several flips on my mSRX!!! Forward a few times, once backwards, and once sideways.
Oh man. I was hoping you'd tell me they were both dogs, and I'd be better off to avoid them. $50 for the FBL sure is tempting.

Have you dared to look back at credit card statements since Jan. to see how much you've "invested" in our hobby? I've considered it, but I'm afraid the results would make me a little ill. Probably better off not knowing.
Aug 21, 2013, 07:59 PM
Eye to the sky!
Ignorance is bliss my friend!

As long as my overall funds stay somewhat level or go up a little every month I'm happy. If they go down, I just play with what I have for awhile until the itch just gets too hard not to scratch.

This hobby is worse than crack I tell ya! "Come on man...let me get another $50 piece."

My mCPX isn't flying that great right now. Getting some tail wag, the main gear is cracked, and the gear teeth are a little messed up. It still flies, though. But, I managed to puff both my batteries for it today. Doh!

mSRX is flying great! Have that 1 bit of damage to the canopy mount, but the CA and hot glue are holding up well. If you like the V911 you'll love this! I'd sell my V911, but my son finally took an interest in it this past weekend. The mSRX is well worth $50.
Last edited by jason4207; Aug 21, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
Aug 21, 2013, 10:14 PM
Orlando FL
I have a couple FP's V911 and V913, the V911 is a lot of fun, the V913 is a bit scary at times, it needs lots of room and once it gets moving you just hope you can turn it around. From my experience if you go with a FP stick to the micro's, these larger heli's like the V913 just do not work well with FP. Now there are some FP's hitting the market with out fly bars, they should be a step up in performance. Still for 4 channel flight quads are far better then any FP heli, now I have not flown a CP but I have never heard of someone buying a CP then going back to FP, that should tell you something
Aug 21, 2013, 10:45 PM
Eye to the sky!
mSRX is flybar-less FP.
Aug 24, 2013, 09:04 PM

Banggood GWS 5443 Prices

Does anybody know what the difference is between the GWS 5443 that banggood sells for 2.40 a pair, and the ones that banggood sells for 2.00 a pair? (Yeah, I know...40 cents...) Nobody's gonna go broke buying the more expensive ones, but I was just wondering about another in a long line of curiosities on the banggood web site. To my eyes, they look identical.

Quick Reply