Alpina Magic - Page 6 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Nov 18, 2012, 12:25 PM
Registered User
Thank you very much, MTT!

I can now breathe again, having already almost finished one of my A.M. flaps!

I was wondering if I would have to hang it up in the roof and never fly it again!

Cheers, all,

Christopher
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2012, 04:39 AM
Registered User
How is it going Ing. Enz.?

I was only filling in time with my OT chit-chat, so please carry on and let us know how your build is going

Cheers,

Christopher
Nov 20, 2012, 09:01 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by doddlepots
How is it going Ing. Enz.?

I was only filling in time with my OT chit-chat, so please carry on and let us know how your build is going

Cheers,

Christopher
HI Christopher,
well your discussion about flaps is not OT, it was one of my first questions too..I 'm interested on this issue.

Updated status:
- wings are ready for cover ( yeah I didn't glass them). I dediced, after your suggestions, to leave them as is, fly Alpina for 1 year and see the result. In case I will always have opportunity to repair/ glass them. Servo location prepared, just harness plus multiplex connectors tinning required.

- Fuselage: servo bracket installed, wing blades support and anti rotation pin glued in position. Installed elevator bell crack mechanism. This morning I closed the vertical stabilizer. Ready to install the rudder. First I need to paint the fusleage ( rudder and elevator wll be covered with vynil too) : now I'm thinking if to use a simple spray bottle ( acrylic) or to ask a friend to paint it with ( car type) bi-component paint.
Last edited by ing.enzo; Nov 20, 2012 at 09:03 AM. Reason: typing errors
Nov 20, 2012, 09:17 AM
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ing.enzo
wings are ready for cover ( yeah I didn't glass them). I dediced, after your suggestions, to leave them as is, fly Alpina for 1 year and see the result. In case I will always have opportunity to repair/ glass them.
That's a sensible choice !
Nov 21, 2012, 04:36 AM
Registered User

An almost ``ready to fly`` Alpina


..I just have to choose color scheme for the livery

unfortunatly I have no classic Alpina decals in my kit...we will see..
Nov 21, 2012, 05:41 AM
Deniable plausibility
Shedofdread's Avatar
Even after all this time, there aren't many aeroplanes that look that good
Nov 25, 2012, 10:39 PM
I'm slow but I'm expensive
Ken Lilja's Avatar
My Arriba has arrived in perfect condition. Now to think, plan and think some more. If I do a build thread it will be in the electric sailplane catagory.
Ken
Nov 26, 2012, 04:27 AM
Registered User
[QUOTE=MTT;23298346]I have...
............
Crow, lowering the flaps 60-70 deg, ........[/QUOTE
]

MTT, did you put bottom or top hinges on the flaps and were wipers necessary to cover up the "gap"?

Cheers and thanks for your previous reply.

Christopher
Nov 27, 2012, 11:11 AM
Registered User
Start covering the wings with vynil:

RH one ( without aileron) before covering: 694 g
After covering: 760 g

I`m happy about limited weight increase
Nov 27, 2012, 04:24 PM
MTT
MTT
I care about rising air !
MTT's Avatar
Quote:
MTT, did you put bottom or top hinges on the flaps and were wipers necessary to cover up the "gap"?
bottom hinged, gap uncovered...
Made for a nice sound when doing high speed passes on the slope...

Enzo, stop worrying about the weight..
The Alpina can take it...
My old Alpina, after being modified with flaps, also served as a test bed for my first forays into the world of e-sailplanes..
I installed a Kontronik FUN 500-27, with 5.2:1 gearbox, driving a 17x11 folding prop, powered by 14 RC2400 NiCd cells. Setup added about 600 g to the AUW, and it was hardly noticeable.
Nov 27, 2012, 06:02 PM
Registered User
John Cole's Avatar
Enzo, looks great. Is the film you used Oracover? My Alpina is coming along OK, I'm taking many pictures and will post them once our new computer arrives.
John
Nov 28, 2012, 03:59 AM
Registered User
Some of you have the alpina logo in a vectorial format?Or suggestion for final livery?
I have only little original decal.
Last edited by ing.enzo; Nov 28, 2012 at 04:05 AM.
Nov 28, 2012, 04:01 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cole
Enzo, looks great. Is the film you used Oracover? My Alpina is coming along OK, I'm taking many pictures and will post them once our new computer arrives.
John
Hello John,
I wanted to use Orastick, but considering its costs I found an alternative: it a light film of vynil, I think used for plotter printer. One side is of course self adhesive.

I think it weights a little more than orastick, and do not accept to be heated up a lot ( I have not tried yet), but it cost much more less
Nov 28, 2012, 04:30 AM
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
I believe vinyl is true to the original kits that were offered already covered.
Nov 30, 2012, 10:58 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ing.enzo
Hello John,
I wanted to use Orastick, but considering its costs I found an alternative: it a light film of vynil, I think used for plotter printer. One side is of course self adhesive.

I think it weights a little more than orastick, and do not accept to be heated up a lot ( I have not tried yet), but it cost much more less
Do you have a trade name for the vynil you used? It looks like what I need for my "Magic" re-build.

Cheers,
Christopher


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Careful! Alpina Magic in Ireland Woodstock 1 Slope 57 Aug 01, 2012 02:42 PM
Discussion Multiplex Alpina Magic Hellrider Scale Sailplanes 15 Jun 11, 2009 04:09 PM
Multiplex Alpina Magic pike Sailplane Talk 2 Jul 07, 2005 03:20 PM
F/S new in box Alpina Magic Bill L Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 1 Jan 10, 2004 07:48 PM