Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:28 PM
epoweredrc is offline
Find More Posts by epoweredrc
27 yrs. of Aircraft flying.
epoweredrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
You are correct. Both of the plates on mine were attached the the fuse. Removed the plate with pins and CA'd it to the hatch. Everything is good now except that I'm still waiting on batteries. Guess I'll have to run around the house with it making airplane noises for now.
Just be sure to Youtube it... hey You can ship it to me, i will test fly for you I have batterys LOL
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:45 PM
grovey is offline
Find More Posts by grovey
Just wanna fly!
grovey's Avatar
So what's the verdict? Is this plane a winner?

Just trying to see if it needs to find it's way onto a Christmas list
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:50 PM
BigEast is offline
Find More Posts by BigEast
Enjoying life through flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
So what's the verdict? Is this plane a winner?

Just trying to see if it needs to find it's way onto a Christmas list
It's a BIG winner. Flies unbelievably... Really! Just change the prop to a gwsdd7030, take care while you build the plane and off you are!
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:05 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Looks to me like it ought to work great. Not sure what size the prop shaft part of it is compared the the gws props though. But that's always fixable one way or the other. Looks to me like it would be a better situation than the set screw one. Will your lhs have them stock?
Hopefully. I'll call around tomorrow so I can get back up and running. I was loving the plane under proper power. It was floaty when I wanted it to be but a power horse when I wanted it to be as well. I think HH could've done a few simple things to make sure this plane was a 100% success out of the box... The biggest of which is that god awful prop.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:23 PM
epoweredrc is offline
Find More Posts by epoweredrc
27 yrs. of Aircraft flying.
epoweredrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Hopefully. I'll call around tomorrow so I can get back up and running. I was loving the plane under proper power. It was floaty when I wanted it to be but a power horse when I wanted it to be as well. I think HH could've done a few simple things to make sure this plane was a 100% success out of the box... The biggest of which is that god awful prop.
I dont know a eflite plane that people didn't change the prop out for something better.and they know we like to mod them so if they got it right out of box we wouldn't have nothing to do but fly em lol
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:26 PM
BigEast is offline
Find More Posts by BigEast
Enjoying life through flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
I dont know a eflite plane that people didn't change the prop out for something better.and they know we like to mod them so if they got it right out of box we wouldn't have nothing to do but fly em lol
+1 lol
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:28 PM
FlyWW1 is offline
Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
I dont know a eflite plane that people didn't change the prop out for something better.and they know we like to mod them so if they got it right out of box we wouldn't have nothing to do but fly em lol
Yeah well they should have not even put a prop on then
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:31 PM
Airman74 is offline
Find More Posts by Airman74
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
It's a BIG winner. Flies unbelievably... Really! Just change the prop to a gwsdd7030, take care while you build the plane and off you are!
+1 here!!!!! A BIG BIG winner!!! Just need to change prop to GWS 7x3.5
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:31 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
I dont know a eflite plane that people didn't change the prop out for something better.and they know we like to mod them so if they got it right out of box we wouldn't have nothing to do but fly em lol
Prop selection is one thing when it comes to specs but when they slap a piece of masking tape on there and call it a prop it's a whole different beast!
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:45 PM
slo-fly is offline
Find More Posts by slo-fly
certified crash instructor
Here's a link to the thunder power lipo specs msrp $23.99 http://www.thunderpowerrc.com/html/G...sBatteries.htm
Last edited by slo-fly; Nov 23, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:47 PM
epoweredrc is offline
Find More Posts by epoweredrc
27 yrs. of Aircraft flying.
epoweredrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Prop selection is one thing when it comes to specs but when they slap a piece of masking tape on there and call it a prop it's a whole different beast!
What I don't get is is any of the "beta" testers actually fly these things or just look at them and pick there nose at it, if i was a beta tester i would have said guys the props suck lets get a better one, Also guys the esc is barley big enough lets make a 12 amp. the guy who designed the plane suppose to be a great pilot but I sometimes wonder. They are hardly any good beta testers it seems along with the HH team people that fly /test these planes

Here is a 3s
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...11V-480mAh-JST
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:17 PM
bobly is offline
Find More Posts by bobly
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
What I don't get is is any of the "beta" testers actually fly these things or just look at them and pick there nose at it, if i was a beta tester i would have said guys the props suck lets get a better one, Also guys the esc is barley big enough lets make a 12 amp. the guy who designed the plane suppose to be a great pilot but I sometimes wonder. They are hardly any good beta testers it seems along with the HH team people that fly /test these planes

Here is a 3s
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...11V-480mAh-JST
I'm not good enough to be a beta tester, but fly mine is all I've done so far. When the weather cooperates that is. Still has stock prop, stock esc, did change wheels because I fly off grass, but do that to almost everything I ever bought. I'm wound up about it. I have trouble thinking of it as a UM though. Decided quickly that instead of a big little plane, it was a little big plane. Flies much bigger than it is. But this 33F high today with 23-30 mph winds just didn't make it worth even trying and had the whole day to play. I normally take several planes to the field, but since the Edge, only it has went with enough batteries and chargers to fly it almost continuous. Nothing has broken yet. I do have spare 7x3.5 props if it happens, but that is standard practice to have extra props for anything I own.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:19 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
What I don't get is is any of the "beta" testers actually fly these things or just look at them and pick there nose at it, if i was a beta tester i would have said guys the props suck lets get a better one, Also guys the esc is barley big enough lets make a 12 amp. the guy who designed the plane suppose to be a great pilot but I sometimes wonder. They are hardly any good beta testers it seems along with the HH team people that fly /test these planes

Here is a 3s
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...11V-480mAh-JST
I do agree with you but I'm guessing it all comes down to costs and the final price point. I guess they know we are going to tinker no matter what so their focus is most likely on market price.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:30 PM
epoweredrc is offline
Find More Posts by epoweredrc
27 yrs. of Aircraft flying.
epoweredrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I'm not good enough to be a beta tester, but fly mine is all I've done so far. When the weather cooperates that is. Still has stock prop, stock esc, did change wheels because I fly off grass, but do that to almost everything I ever bought. I'm wound up about it. I have trouble thinking of it as a UM though. Decided quickly that instead of a big little plane, it was a little big plane. Flies much bigger than it is. But this 33F high today with 23-30 mph winds just didn't make it worth even trying and had the whole day to play. I normally take several planes to the field, but since the Edge, only it has went with enough batteries and chargers to fly it almost continuous. Nothing has broken yet. I do have spare 7x3.5 props if it happens, but that is standard practice to have extra props for anything I own.
Well i would love to be a beta tester, Thought was going to get to be one once for a comp but guess since i dont go to contests all time they picked someone else. I have been in hobby long time and can pick out flaws with items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I do agree with you but I'm guessing it all comes down to costs and the final price point. I guess they know we are going to tinker no matter what so their focus is most likely on market price.
Yeah true but how are they making money off props if were all buying props else were rather then from them? however I used to have my dream job i worked at a hobbyshop and I know for every 10 ppl that walked in maybe 1 out of the ten got on sites like this one to read what others have modded so unless Myself or someone else at the store told them a mod they would just keep buying stock props or whatever it was.

Most of there planes not so bad I always said eflite battery's stink i won't ever buy one I rather have a cheap $2 one then there's.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:27 PM
brushless55 is offline
Find More Posts by brushless55
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Has anyone thought about a GWS 7/3.5/3blade ?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite 300 A6M5 Zero BNF Basic Afraidtoregister Electric Warbirds 1257 Nov 21, 2016 09:59 AM
Sold BNIB E-flite UMX Beast 3D BNF Basic AS3X (EFLU4850) plus EXTRAS peterswolf Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Sep 14, 2012 08:43 PM
For Sale E-Flite MSR X BNF Basic edition daign Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jun 01, 2012 09:59 PM
Sold Edge 540 3D ARF by E-Flite freirem Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 28, 2012 07:38 PM
Discussion A6M5 Zero 300 BNF Basic by E-flite BlazingStar Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Feb 03, 2012 03:22 AM