Thread Tools
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:42 PM
crazyj is offline
Find More Posts by crazyj
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
crazyj's Avatar
I just picked up this little Edge from Aeromicro in Santa Clara (for those that live in the SF Bay Area). They had a bunch of them, but I also saw about 3 or 4 sell in less than 1 hour.

Here's a photo of mine out of the box and ready to go. Unfortunately it's raining here for the next few days. :-(
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:13 PM
FlyWW1 is offline
Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
I just picked up this little Edge from Aeromicro in Santa Clara (for those that live in the SF Bay Area). They had a bunch of them, but I also saw about 3 or 4 sell in less than 1 hour.

Here's a photo of mine out of the box and ready to go. Unfortunately it's raining here for the next few days. :-(
Fly in the rain! Put a plastic bag over the TX and you're good to go
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:14 PM
Tomdomification is offline
Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Registered User
Tomdomification's Avatar
Wow, the plane in these photos looks even better than in the promo video!

Tom
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:28 PM
kuczy is offline
Find More Posts by kuczy
The Earth got in the way!
kuczy's Avatar
I have to unsubscribe from this thread. Sean, email me with your impressions. I can't take the crazys anymore. By the end of he day someone will be trying to find out if it'll fly on a 1s 120 or a 3s2200....
Unsubscribing and keeping my sanity.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
litehawkdown is offline
Find More Posts by litehawkdown
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I have to unsubscribe from this thread. Sean, email me with your impressions. I can't take the crazys anymore. By the end of he day someone will be trying to find out if it'll fly on a 1s 120 or a 3s2200....
Unsubscribing and keeping my sanity.
Well if HH would just come out and say it accommodates a 450-? size battery then I would not be fishing for answers. But all they say is we suggest a 450mah but the compartment is bigger to allow you to use bigger batteries if you want.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:44 PM
crazyj is offline
Find More Posts by crazyj
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
crazyj's Avatar
The batteyr compartment is pretty big length and width wize. I have a TP 480 3s and it fits fine. They recommend that the battery be pushed all the way forward in the compartment to balance. I'm guessing a larger heavier battery can be slid back to find balance. I'm sticking with the recommended size to keep it light weight.

Here's a quick video to get your taste buds going...

E-Flight Edge 540 QQ 280 - Control Throw Demo (1 min 16 sec)
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:03 PM
Airman74 is offline
Find More Posts by Airman74
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I have to unsubscribe from this thread. Sean, email me with your impressions. I can't take the crazys anymore. By the end of he day someone will be trying to find out if it'll fly on a 1s 120 or a 3s2200....
Unsubscribing and keeping my sanity.
People just like to tinker,, don't give up on us yet!! :-)
Personally I'm thinking of trying a 850 mah 4S,,,,,,,, just kidding. :-O
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 17, 2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Addition
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:06 PM
sonic liner is offline
Find More Posts by sonic liner
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
sonic liner's Avatar
Looks great Jason !.

BTW congrats with being an RCG member for Ten years !.

Pete Lane
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:07 PM
litehawkdown is offline
Find More Posts by litehawkdown
Registered User
Yummy
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:20 PM
FlyWW1 is offline
Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
People just like to tinker,, don't give up on us yet!! :-)
Personally I'm thinking of trying a 850 mah 4S,,,,,,,, just kidding. :-O
Tinkering is great! It just helps to fly the plane a couple of times to see if it even needs tinkering. Wow I'm not liking how much the wing is moving on full deflection of the ailerons. I'm sure it's fine but it's not a confidence booster. How come you guys are so worried about batteries and other stuff but no one is taking the time to put their numbers on? LOL!
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:28 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I have to unsubscribe from this thread. Sean, email me with your impressions. I can't take the crazys anymore. By the end of he day someone will be trying to find out if it'll fly on a 1s 120 or a 3s2200....
Unsubscribing and keeping my sanity.
To each his own but I can't understand why other people experimenting would drive you crazy? This is a hobby after all. Just because they want to experiment doesn't really have anything to do with you. Maybe I'm missing something.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:37 PM
crazyj is offline
Find More Posts by crazyj
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
crazyj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic liner View Post
Looks great Jason !.

BTW congrats with being an RCG member for Ten years !.

Pete Lane
Thanks Pete! I didn't realize it's been 10 years on RCG! I started this hobby when I was 13 - the year was 1994 and my first airplane was a Hanager 9 Das Ugly Stick .60 ARF. Things have sure changed over the 18 years - loving it!!!
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:40 PM
Airman74 is offline
Find More Posts by Airman74
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Tinkering is great! It just helps to fly the plane a couple of times to see if it even needs tinkering. Wow I'm not liking how much the wing is moving on full deflection of the ailerons. I'm sure it's fine but it's not a confidence booster. How come you guys are so worried about batteries and other stuff but no one is taking the time to put their numbers on? LOL!
Hmmmmm!!!! Didn't notice my wing moving with full deflection of ailerons,, I'll have to check that out!!! As for numbers,, when I first set my plane up last night,, I put ole lucky number 24 on mine. :-)
And personally I like hearing about other people's experiments, don't think I would've tried 3S on my Zero and my Sbach, If I had'nt read about others trying it successfully. :-)
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 17, 2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Addition
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:44 PM
FlyWW1 is offline
Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Hmmmmm!!!! Didn't notice my wing moving with full deflection of ailerons,, I'll have to check that out!!! As for numbers,, when I first set my plane up last night,, I put ole lucky number 24 on mine. :-)
And personally I like hearing about other people's experiments, don't think I would've tried 3S on my Zero and my Sbach, If I had'nt read about others trying it successfully. :-)
Check out CrazyJ's video. They move a lot. I'm not worried about it effecting flying but the stress it could have long term. Hopefully full deflection isn't needed anyway. My point was nobody has really tried stock. So all this experimenting is all in the head and not productive. Fly it stock see if you like it and if not get the tools out or change the battery. That's all I was trying to say.
Last edited by FlyWW1; Nov 17, 2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:37 PM
Airman74 is offline
Find More Posts by Airman74
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Check out CrazyJ's video. They move a lot. I'm not worried about it effecting flying but the stress it could have long term. Hopefully full deflection isn't needed anyway. My point was nobody has really tried stock. So all this experimenting is all in the head and not productive. Fly it stock see if you like it and if not get the tools out or change the battery. That's all I was trying to say.
I see what your saying about wing moving with full deflection,, I noticed on mine if I moved ailerons slowly it didn't move wing as much,, I'm wondering if this is just from those huge ailerons moving so quickly and hopefully with air pressure over the wing it won't be an issue. So did anybody notice the little hatch marks on the side of the fuse right at back edge of ailerons?? I wonder if this is a reference point for setting ailerons at 0 undercamber??? And is it just me or is there a ever so slight amount of anhedral in these wings???
Hope the wind dies down some tommorow so I can get in a few good flights. :-)
My one 2 min flight in 25mph winds didn't give much of an idea of how this little guy flies
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 17, 2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Addition


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite 300 A6M5 Zero BNF Basic Afraidtoregister Electric Warbirds 1257 Nov 21, 2016 09:59 AM
Sold BNIB E-flite UMX Beast 3D BNF Basic AS3X (EFLU4850) plus EXTRAS peterswolf Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Sep 14, 2012 08:43 PM
For Sale E-Flite MSR X BNF Basic edition daign Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jun 01, 2012 09:59 PM
Sold Edge 540 3D ARF by E-Flite freirem Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 28, 2012 07:38 PM
Discussion A6M5 Zero 300 BNF Basic by E-flite BlazingStar Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Feb 03, 2012 03:22 AM