Thread Tools
Dec 24, 2012, 05:09 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Sukhoikid's Avatar
I actually just went ahead and order the adapters. And use the small foamy rx that futaba sells. I have one of those.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2012, 05:36 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Ducati Mechanic's Avatar
I originally looked at that RX, And had thought about using it, but At 6.6 g plus adapters! I think you're to be putting this plane in a weight range, where you're not going to get the best out of it.. The stock RX weighs about the same as a postage stamp..

This thing is like an indoor F3e plane, every drop of glue counts, Mine didn't even like 450 Gen Ace packs, because they weigh so much more than the EF light ones.. That's why I went with 370's, It's a totally different plane after shaving a few ounces, And I still get a solid 5.5 minute flight..

Good luck!
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 24, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
Dec 24, 2012, 06:22 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Sukhoikid's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic
I originally looked at that RX, And had thought about using it, but At 6.6 g plus adapters! I think you're to be putting this plane in a weight range, where you're not going to get the best out of it.. The stock RX weighs about the same as a postage stamp..

This thing is like an indoor F3e plane, every drop of glue counts, Mine didn't even like 450 Gen Ace packs, because they weigh so much more than the EF light ones.. That's why I went with 370's, It's a totally different plane after shaving a few ounces, And I still get a solid 5.5 minute flight..

Good luck!
I won't be flying this indoors. I don't think this rx will change it that much. It punches out of a hover with no problem and this rx shouldn't cause much of a change. If I was looking to fly it indoors yea but not for outdoors.

I will probably try to lighten the rx some by taking the casing off. I will also see if I can lighten up the plane itselft.
Dec 24, 2012, 06:25 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Ducati Mechanic's Avatar
A little extra weight makes it dip, a wing at the hi alpha point, and it Increases wing rock Drastically! It makes transitions ugly and not as floaty,Indoors, or out. If you're looking to just go fast, and draw lines? it won't matter, but like I said good luck.. Everything is a learning experience..

Like the fat man said," free information, for me to you, take it or throw it away"..
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 24, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
Dec 24, 2012, 06:28 PM
certified crash instructor
I just got some of the thunder power 2s 65c 325mah, they weigh in at 24.5g. My AUW is 7.5 ounces with the 65c 2s and hacker a10.
Dec 24, 2012, 06:32 PM
27 yrs. of Aircraft flying.
epoweredrc's Avatar
Mine flys good from 8.1 up to 9.2 ounce thats with 370mah and a 850mah plane itself it 6.8 now with firewall being glued n bigger aileron servos. I am not getting to fly mine much it does fly light with the 370 pack
Dec 24, 2012, 06:35 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Sukhoikid's Avatar
There is just a two gram difference between the two rx. This is without chopping weight off the futaba rx. Not a beginner pilot myself and shouldn't have a problem 3ding this plane even with just the little extra weight. I have flown much worst lol.
Dec 24, 2012, 06:38 PM
Registered User
in NC today 55 degres .no wind ,so i flew edge almost all day .several of these in my backyard...100ft by 80 ft with pine tree s all the way around yard.......was trying out new hat cam camera.....part of flying is over my home....forgot to set timer....hit cut off over home ....did not have enough power to clear roof......it was a nice landing ON ROOF..was going to post video BUT .....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN....got ladder ,,got plane ,,no damage
Dec 24, 2012, 06:44 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Sukhoikid's Avatar
In fact I can prove now it will be fine. I used a friends spectrum radio so I could fly it. Used a 370 mah nanotech 3 cell which weighs 39 g. I then tried twisted hobbies pack 450 3 cell and it shows it being 48 g. The plane flew better to me on the 450 pack. Both had similar flight time. Only thing it needs is more elevator throw and she will be good I feel. I mean I understand lighter would make it fly better but rather have the challenge ha ha!


Thanks for the help though. I'll study the plane and shed the weight somehow. If I have to
Last edited by Sukhoikid; Dec 24, 2012 at 06:53 PM.
Dec 24, 2012, 08:06 PM
27 yrs. of Aircraft flying.
epoweredrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid
In fact I can prove now it will be fine. I used a friends spectrum radio so I could fly it. Used a 370 mah nanotech 3 cell which weighs 39 g. I then tried twisted hobbies pack 450 3 cell and it shows it being 48 g. The plane flew better to me on the 450 pack. Both had similar flight time. Only thing it needs is more elevator throw and she will be good I feel. I mean I understand lighter would make it fly better but rather have the challenge ha ha!


Thanks for the help though. I'll study the plane and shed the weight somehow. If I have to
As i said i fly mine with a 850mah someone else here try it with one and hated how it flew. I thought mine flew better in wind with the more weight. Sure lighter is better but still fun to fly.
You should do the hs55 servo arm mod along with my making inner hole it works great.... happy flying
Dec 24, 2012, 08:06 PM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdomification
Amazing photos man! Do you mind if I download and save some?

Tom
For sure! Just please don't repost them...
Alex
Dec 24, 2012, 09:09 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Sukhoikid's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
As i said i fly mine with a 850mah someone else here try it with one and hated how it flew. I thought mine flew better in wind with the more weight. Sure lighter is better but still fun to fly.
You should do the hs55 servo arm mod along with my making inner hole it works great.... happy flying
Got one of those arms sitting on my desk ready to go! Cant wait!
Dec 24, 2012, 10:18 PM
27 yrs. of Aircraft flying.
epoweredrc's Avatar
Sweet! Not sure why they used such short arms to start with here a pic of mine with both mods
Dec 25, 2012, 05:55 AM
Registered User
Tomdomification's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
For sure! Just please don't repost them...
Alex
Thanks a lot, they'll look great as a background or a screensaver!

Tom
Dec 25, 2012, 06:25 AM
what ?!
Guiltz's Avatar
Merry Christmas to you all...!! ;-)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite 300 A6M5 Zero BNF Basic Afraidtoregister Electric Warbirds 1261 Mar 11, 2017 08:12 AM
Sold BNIB E-flite UMX Beast 3D BNF Basic AS3X (EFLU4850) plus EXTRAS peterswolf Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Sep 14, 2012 07:43 PM
For Sale E-Flite MSR X BNF Basic edition daign Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jun 01, 2012 08:59 PM
Sold Edge 540 3D ARF by E-Flite freirem Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 28, 2012 06:38 PM
Discussion A6M5 Zero 300 BNF Basic by E-flite BlazingStar Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Feb 03, 2012 02:22 AM