Thread Tools
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:46 PM
ForsheeMS is offline
Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Registered User
ForsheeMS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
It's been raining the last 2 days so i got some painting done. It will look better once the red bull stickers get here from thailand.
Slo, very nice paint job so far. Can't wait to see it with the decals.

I started painting on mine last week with a goal of better visibility on overcast days. Got 8 flights in yesterday with about half of those under cloudy skys and it definitely made a big difference. With the sun out the orange is almost blinding. It's a flat flourescent orange so in the sun there's little to no glare making the color more visible.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:18 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
And to solve this with expo, there'd just be too much expo?
Yes, I felt that way but I guess it depends on the person. With too much expo it feels even jumper to me when needing bigger movements. Or it feels like I'm chasing the plane around.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:19 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
Slo, very nice paint job so far. Can't wait to see it with the decals.

I started painting on mine last week with a goal of better visibility on overcast days. Got 8 flights in yesterday with about half of those under cloudy skys and it definitely made a big difference. With the sun out the orange is almost blinding. It's a flat flourescent orange so in the sun there's little to no glare making the color more visible.
Very nice!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:32 PM
dalecheek1 is online now
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Registered User
with the 370 nanos,,and mixed flying..how much flying time are you getting with thes batts. US warehouse selling for about $4.20 a pack,,,460 out of stock,,,what kind of flight time with 460s thanks
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:36 PM
Dannyboy85 is offline
Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Registered User
Dannyboy85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
with the 370 nanos,,and mixed flying..how much flying time are you getting with thes batts.
I just did 5min each on my 460s and just put 270mah back so they should be atleast 5min. I think I can get atleast 7 out of the 460s.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:05 PM
dalecheek1 is online now
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
I just did 5min each on my 460s and just put 270mah back so they should be atleast 5min. I think I can get atleast 7 out of the 460s.
thank you i have mad dog 400 and 450,,,,,,they both go strong for 6min,,,and most of the time i use about 80% of batt. can get 7min on 450 if i fly 40 to 60% on throttle..BUT i have 2 Green Machines,,,,one to fly hard and learn new manuvers and one as backup for when AND IF I CRACKUP.....so i need more CHEAP batts.....can get these from US warehouse in about 3 days
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:17 PM
Dannyboy85 is offline
Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Registered User
Dannyboy85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
thank you i have mad dog 400 and 450,,,,,,they both go strong for 6min,,,and most of the time i use about 80% of batt. can get 7min on 450 if i fly 40 to 60% on throttle..BUT i have 2 Green Machines,,,,one to fly hard and learn new manuvers and one as backup for when AND IF I CRACKUP.....so i need more CHEAP batts.....can get these from US warehouse in about 3 days
All I buy is the nano's great value! I know some don't like them but at a 4th the price they work for me.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:20 PM
erkq is online now
Find More Posts by erkq
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
All I buy is the nano's great value! I know some don't like them but at a 4th the price they work for me.
GensAce are very cheap too and I like their larger packs very much in my Slick 51. Their 450mAh 3S is only $4. But I'm still waiting for mine...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:29 PM
Dannyboy85 is offline
Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Registered User
Dannyboy85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
GensAce are very cheap too and I like their larger packs very much in my Slick 51. Their 450mAh 3S is only $4. But I'm still waiting for mine...
Just bought some second hand gens 450s off rc groups so when I get them I will post what I think. haven't had gens since my heli days so we shall see....
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:29 PM
flyrtim is offline
Find More Posts by flyrtim
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
Slo, very nice paint job so far. Can't wait to see it with the decals.

I started painting on mine last week with a goal of better visibility on overcast days. Got 8 flights in yesterday with about half of those under cloudy skys and it definitely made a big difference. With the sun out the orange is almost blinding. It's a flat flourescent orange so in the sun there's little to no glare making the color more visible.
great paint job
nice orange pinstripping on top side
even the pilot has a stripe--nice.

curious to see if you paint the top more.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:38 PM
dalecheek1 is online now
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
GensAce are very cheap too and I like their larger packs very much in my Slick 51. Their 450mAh 3S is only $4. But I'm still waiting for mine...
what is weight of this batt.......i kinda like lighter batts 38 to 43 grams,,,,i think ga is around 50grams,,,,not sure
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:04 PM
erkq is online now
Find More Posts by erkq
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
what is weight of this batt.......i kinda like lighter batts 38 to 43 grams,,,,i think ga is around 50grams,,,,not sure
I don't know either. I don't have a gram scale. I should get one.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:41 PM
ForsheeMS is offline
Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Registered User
ForsheeMS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim View Post
great paint job
nice orange pinstripping on top side
even the pilot has a stripe--nice.

curious to see if you paint the top more.
I think I'll leave the top as is. The green and white show up fairly well and with the bright orange on bottom you can always tell which side is down (well, almost always).
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:52 PM
slo-fly is offline
Find More Posts by slo-fly
certified crash instructor
I got some flight time in with the hacker a10 and 2s and I loved it, nice and floaty. It's not super fast but it does well, it has plenty of thrust for unlimited vertical and punches out very nice. The high alpha harriers were are breeze and super slow almost vertical with no wing rock. I got 6 minute flight times on a 450mah 2s and the motor wasn't even warm. I was having so much fun with the 2s it got dark and didn't even get to try the 3s. This would be a perfect indoor setup.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:44 PM
mickvk is offline
Find More Posts by mickvk
Registered User
I thought I was losing efficiency with that weak stock prop. I checked an APC 7x4e and cut it down till it drew about 100W. I'll call it a 6.5x4e now. Performance wise I think it was a step backwards - vertical was weaker. That's not why I'm posting though... A good reason not to put a hard prop on this plane is so that you don't bent the motor shaft. I doinked it in on some grass (stalled and plopped down from about a foot high, zero throttle) and didn't think anything of it - but when I was taxiing for another run I noticed I bent my shaft. Bummer. I'm going back to stock after I take a pair of pliers to this poor thing. Dang.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite 300 A6M5 Zero BNF Basic Afraidtoregister Electric Warbirds 1257 Nov 21, 2016 09:59 AM
Sold BNIB E-flite UMX Beast 3D BNF Basic AS3X (EFLU4850) plus EXTRAS peterswolf Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Sep 14, 2012 08:43 PM
For Sale E-Flite MSR X BNF Basic edition daign Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jun 01, 2012 09:59 PM
Sold Edge 540 3D ARF by E-Flite freirem Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 28, 2012 07:38 PM
Discussion A6M5 Zero 300 BNF Basic by E-flite BlazingStar Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Feb 03, 2012 03:22 AM