E-flite Edge 540QQ 280 BNF Basic - Page 21 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 05, 2012, 01:18 PM
Registered User
lomce-what's Avatar
Dear Horizon Hobby, please stop using EPS on these awesome planes. Other than that looks great!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2012, 02:16 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim
where can I learn about what a 300 size is?

my google search was not so fruitful.
300 size refers to size of brushless motor used,, as in E Flites 300 size zero, or their 300 size p-40 , or their grasshopper . They usually have wingspans ranging from 25 in and up, and can weigh anywhere from 8-11 oz
Here's a link to E Flites most recent 300 size

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdId=EFL6175
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 05, 2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Addition
Nov 05, 2012, 02:36 PM
Registered User
shastamike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomce-what
Dear Horizon Hobby, please stop using EPS on these awesome planes. Other than that looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74
300 size refers to size of brushless motor used,, as in E Flites 300 size zero, or their 300 size p-40 , or their grasshopper . They usually have wingspans ranging from 25 in and up, and can weigh anywhere from 8-11 oz
Is EPS foam what the UMX Sbach and CC are made of mister answer guy?
Thank you.
Mike
Nov 05, 2012, 02:58 PM
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomce-what
Dear Horizon Hobby, please stop using EPS on these awesome planes. Other than that looks great!
If they didn't use EPS it would not fly half as good as it does. It would be to heavy with EPO and fly like a HobbyKing plane. At least parts are cheap enough to replace when they start looking ragged
Nov 05, 2012, 03:05 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike
Is EPS foam what the UMX Sbach and CC are made of mister answer guy?
Thank you.
Mike
EPS or expanded polystyrene IS the stiff beer cooler type of foam,, EPP or expended polypropylene is the more spongy type of foam found on some of the bigger parkzone planes,, it typically has a little more give than breaking than EPS but in general EPS is usually a little lighter for a given volume. Then there is EPO or expanded polyolyfin ( not sure of spelling on that one ) some people feel that EPO is best of both worlds,, its has some of the give of EPP but with weight somewhat like EPS, also EPO tends to have a nice smooth surface finish
And yes the CC and Sbach are EPS, as are the 300 zero and p-40,, I'm not quite sure but I believe even EPO is still heavier than EPS
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 05, 2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Addition
Nov 05, 2012, 03:25 PM
Andres Lu
joker24458's Avatar
Wow. I learned alot from this thread......first of all 100% of getting this Edge sometime and the proper way to get confused while reading a single post.

-joker
Nov 05, 2012, 04:20 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker24458
Wow. I learned alot from this thread......first of all 100% of getting this Edge sometime and the proper way to get confused while reading a single post.

-joker
Sorry!!! :-)
Nov 05, 2012, 04:22 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74
EPS or expanded polystyrene IS the stiff beer cooler type of foam,, EPP or expended polypropylene is the more spongy type of foam found on some of the bigger parkzone planes,, it typically has a little more give than breaking than EPS but in general EPS is usually a little lighter for a given volume. Then there is EPO or expanded polyolyfin ( not sure of spelling on that one ) some people feel that EPO is best of both worlds,, its has some of the give of EPP but with weight somewhat like EPS, also EPO tends to have a nice smooth surface finish
And yes the CC and Sbach are EPS, as are the 300 zero and p-40,, I'm not quite sure but I believe even EPO is still heavier than EPS
I'm pretty sure the bigger parkzone planes use a foam like EPO, not EPP.
Nov 05, 2012, 04:56 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97
I'm pretty sure the bigger parkzone planes use a foam like EPO, not EPP.
Could be,, I always get a little confused between those two
I just know they're NOT EPS like the little ones are
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 05, 2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Addition
Nov 05, 2012, 04:57 PM
Andres Lu
joker24458's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74
Sorry!!! :-)
lol I just do not get what EPP and EPO and EPS are.........very cunfusing for an 11 yr old brain.

-joker
Nov 05, 2012, 05:09 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74
Could be,, I always get a little confused between those two
I just know they're NOT EPS like the little ones are
Right.
Nov 05, 2012, 06:44 PM
The Earth got in the way!
kuczy's Avatar
The bigger planes use EPO not EPP. As for the Edge and all the UM/UMX planes, well if they used EPO they'd be too heavy and EPP doesn't allow for much detail and both are heavy and would need more structure compared to EPS.

If you don't crash it won't matter
Nov 05, 2012, 07:00 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy
The bigger planes use EPO not EPP. As for the Edge and all the UM/UMX planes, well if they used EPO they'd be too heavy and EPP doesn't allow for much detail and both are heavy and would need more structure compared to EPS.

If you don't crash it won't matter
yes!
Nov 05, 2012, 07:03 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
It's typo time again...
rc
Nov 05, 2012, 08:57 PM
certified crash instructor
That box must have come from precision aerobatics lol!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite 300 A6M5 Zero BNF Basic Afraidtoregister Electric Warbirds 1261 Mar 11, 2017 09:12 AM
Sold BNIB E-flite UMX Beast 3D BNF Basic AS3X (EFLU4850) plus EXTRAS peterswolf Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Sep 14, 2012 08:43 PM
For Sale E-Flite MSR X BNF Basic edition daign Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jun 01, 2012 09:59 PM
Sold Edge 540 3D ARF by E-Flite freirem Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 28, 2012 07:38 PM
Discussion A6M5 Zero 300 BNF Basic by E-flite BlazingStar Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Feb 03, 2012 03:22 AM