Dec 05, 2012, 01:23 PM
AMA District VII AVP
Hmm, my new wings arrived just now, for my new but not correctly assembled product.....

I guess I did not realize I would need to swap servos, linkages and horns in order to get this new product flying... I still love HH customer service, however I had not thought about having to do this already, nor was it mentioned, nor any instructions how to do this. I am guessing the servos are glued in?

I am not sure why the plane itself is all packaged into foam and a box, but yet these new wings are in a plastic bag... in a bottom of a cardboard box... with packing paper stuffed on top of them. They appear OK, but wow am surprised, as the box came smashed, by none other than UPS.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2012, 01:29 PM
Guys, what's everyone using as a reference point for neutral on the elevator? Mine is tough to eyeball because of the bevel and a slight offset to the stabilizer. Nice they molded ticks into the fuselage for the ailerons, but nothing at the tail end...

Thanks,
sg
Dec 05, 2012, 01:32 PM
certified crash instructor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy
So.... The HURC motor isn't the same size as the Hextronic and its not a drop in fit.
I take it you got yours today? Not what I was hoping to hear. Anybody have any links to the hextronic motor that fits?
Dec 05, 2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy
So.... The HURC motor isn't the same size as the Hextronic and its not a drop in fit.
What?!?! You'll be able to make it work right?
Dec 05, 2012, 01:33 PM
AMA District VII AVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGridley
Guys, what's everyone using as a reference point for neutral on the elevator? Mine is tough to eyeball because of the bevel and a slight offset to the stabilizer. Nice they molded ticks into the fuselage for the ailerons, but nothing at the tail end...

Thanks,
sg
I dont think those "ticks" were molded there... they were made from the aileron contacting the fuse when you installed the wings ?
Dec 05, 2012, 01:35 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings
I dont think those "ticks" were molded there... they were made from the aileron contacting the fuse when you installed the wings ?
I'm pretty sure they were molded there. They're on my plane as well(sounds like they must be on yours as well) and were there before i installed the wings. I really don't mind any of the cosmetic defects that the plane might have. My tail wheel did fall off and that bothers me but other than that i got this thing to bash around in the yard or at lunch not for the looks. I understand some people want a perfect product but this thing flies great, i'm very pleased with the performance(hopefully the motor holds up)

It's foam, just have fun with it. When it's zipping by you're not looking at the nail marks or whatever may bother you anyway.
Dec 05, 2012, 01:38 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
Sucks that your motor burned up. Mine makes a weird noise when i do a KE pass, i don't think my motor will last long. I was also thinking an 8'' prop would be pretty sweet on this thing. Hopefully you can make it work out with the bigger prop.
That noise might actually be normal for this motor surprisingly. My zero that has a 300 motor has done that exact thing your describing from day one. And I now have many many flights on it still going strong. :-)
Dec 05, 2012, 01:41 PM
I'll get in touch with Terry from www.smallpartscnc.com and see if he can fab a billet aluminum motor mount that fits the park 300 and 340 and possibly other motors.
Dec 05, 2012, 01:50 PM
AMA District VII AVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
I'm pretty sure they were molded there. They're on my plane as well(sounds like they must be on yours as well) and were there before i installed the wings. I really don't mind any of the cosmetic defects that the plane might have. My tail wheel did fall off and that bothers me but other than that i got this thing to bash around in the yard or at lunch not for the looks. I understand some people want a perfect product but this thing flies great, i'm very pleased with the performance(hopefully the motor holds up)

It's foam, just have fun with it. When it's zipping by you're not looking at the nail marks or whatever may bother you anyway.
I am quite pleased with mine as well..

I only mentioned the tick marks, as only one side of mine has it, the side I had the trouble of getting the wing to lineup.
Dec 05, 2012, 01:58 PM
Diverted by planks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings
Ahem:

Dec 05, 2012, 02:01 PM
AMA District VII AVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob
Ahem:

Gotchya.. I was referring to the mark my right wing aileron made when having trouble installing... I was wrongly assuming he was speaking of the same mark.

Since when do we need "tick" marks to center a control surface? Its a nice feature, but I think we would be better off, finding the center ourselves, as with my elevator, its not hinged on center, it sits slight above center, so I just use a straight edge on the side to determine if its centered.

Same can be done on the wings.. they are two "halves" glued together, so you have a "center line" to guide you.
Dec 05, 2012, 02:41 PM
The Earth got in the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1
What?!?! You'll be able to make it work right?
Absolutely.... I'll be able to make it work. It's just not a drop in to the 280 mount.
Dec 05, 2012, 02:42 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
..looks fine with the wooden Zinger prop but I assume this prop will be too heavy in weight and blade size- did you also changed the ESC ?
-
as asked in the past and not have feedback up to now-once again- do you have motor axle play while you pull the spinner cone ? Maybe these few milimeters would be responsible for the mystic sound during flight (grinding sound). After remove that axle play my sound is quieter and constant also in hard aerobatic maneuvers.
Pls try it !
Dec 05, 2012, 02:50 PM
Diverted by planks
On some planes, sometimes the sound you hear in violent maneuvers is the prop cavitating -- just caught my 1000mm crunchy Sbach342 doing that today on video.

Not sure what sounds are at work here on the Green Machine, haven't caught my motor sounding odd yet.
Dec 05, 2012, 02:54 PM
I talked to Terry, he is going to fab a billet mount. I'm just gathering info at the moment to make something that will fit a variety of motors.

Quick Reply