Thread Tools
Oct 28, 2012, 04:22 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapala
What connectors do those lipos come with
Says on the web page they come with banana plugs so you would have to change out something. Also, it says out of stock on the page linked.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2012, 04:24 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly
Says on the web page they come with banana plugs so you would have to change out something. Also, it says out of stock on the page linked.
It says banana plug but it comes with jst connectors. I've bought quite a few of those
Oct 28, 2012, 04:27 PM
Registered User
Seems to be discussion here about whether to go with the new Sbach or the Edge. I don't see them as comparing apples to apples. I love the Sbach, and it is probably my most flown plane, because I can fly it almost anywhere from my yard to the club field, but I don't see the Edge being that type of plane. For me at my skill level, it looks to be a club field only thing. I can't see me trying to fly it in my yard. But I gotta have one and already have the first one in reserved at lhs. But it ain't gonna replace my Sbach.
Oct 28, 2012, 04:38 PM
Registered User
As for those talking about the price---The plane currently is listed as a Bind-And-Fly...For me, I would like a Plug-And-Play version....

Another thing is the quality---Hollow, plug-in wings with carbon fiber reenforcement!!!...

Lastly, you get HH support which is second to NONE!!!!...I would have more HH/E-Flite/ParkZoneplanes if they made all of the planes that I like...Have 35 planes and 1/3rd of them are made/sold by HH...

Kevin
Oct 28, 2012, 04:52 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly
Seems to be discussion here about whether to go with the new Sbach or the Edge. I don't see them as comparing apples to apples. I love the Sbach, and it is probably my most flown plane, because I can fly it almost anywhere from my yard to the club field, but I don't see the Edge being that type of plane. For me at my skill level, it looks to be a club field only thing. I can't see me trying to fly it in my yard. But I gotta have one and already have the first one in reserved at lhs. But it ain't gonna replace my Sbach.
LOL
This 540 is for sure a park flyer like the the Sbach
This aint no 60"
Oct 28, 2012, 04:54 PM
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
LOL
This 540 is for sure a park flyer like the the Sbach
This aint no 60"
+1 Does anyone have a guess on flight times?
Oct 28, 2012, 05:00 PM
Registered User
mygeneration's Avatar
I held off getting the sbach 3d as i have the v1 sbach.
Glad i did as this edge 540 is next on my list hands down
cheers
Oct 28, 2012, 06:02 PM
The Earth got in the way!
kuczy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapala
what connectors do those lipos come with
jst

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1
+1 Does anyone have a guess on flight times?

I have the E-flite Grasshopper with the Park280 1800kv and scale/sport flying using a GWS 7x6SF with 3s 450 25c GensAce packs I set my timer for 8min and still have some left in the packs. I would guess 5min+ would be doable depending on the flying style.
Last edited by kuczy; Oct 28, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
Oct 28, 2012, 09:12 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy
$4 each. I have 4 of them and they're great just like all of the Gens. http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-450-3s1p.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
It says banana plug but it comes with jst connectors. I've bought quite a few of those
hone1er, when you say they come with jst connectors, is that from Hobby Partz?

(It's puzzling that the Hobby Partz web site says flat-out that they come with banana discharge plugs! If that's wrong, it would be nice if Hobby Partz would correct it.)

Pugsam
Oct 28, 2012, 09:15 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Yup, the gens ace 3s 450 lipos come with jst connectors. I use those batteries to run 3s on my twisted hobbys foamy. It's been like that for a loooong time. I don't think they'll fix it. Maybe it helps keep them in stock a little longer
Oct 28, 2012, 09:26 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Weird business strategy -- to knowlingly misdescribe the product inaccurately in order to reduce sales.



I'm 100% with you on the Twisted Hobbys foamies. Wish they'd tell us more about the upcoming micro Crack Yak!

Oct 28, 2012, 09:30 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
hehe me too
Oct 29, 2012, 07:28 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam
Weird business strategy -- to knowlingly misdescribe the product inaccurately in order to reduce sales.



I'm 100% with you on the Twisted Hobbys foamies. Wish they'd tell us more about the upcoming micro Crack Yak!

It's already out.
Oct 29, 2012, 07:40 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97
It's already out.
Ummmmm.........Are you sure??? (Link?)

You may be thinking of the recently-released Crack Yak Lite (32") -- which is very cool, but is not it.........

Oct 29, 2012, 07:51 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam
Ummmmm.........Are you sure??? (Link?)

You may be thinking of the recently-released Crack Yak Lite (32") -- which is very cool, but is not it.........

Oh, yup, sorry. Was thinking of the the crack yak lite. I thought that's what you meant. I didn't know they were coming out with a micro crack yak.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite 300 A6M5 Zero BNF Basic Afraidtoregister Electric Warbirds 1261 Mar 11, 2017 08:12 AM
Sold BNIB E-flite UMX Beast 3D BNF Basic AS3X (EFLU4850) plus EXTRAS peterswolf Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Sep 14, 2012 07:43 PM
For Sale E-Flite MSR X BNF Basic edition daign Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jun 01, 2012 08:59 PM
Sold Edge 540 3D ARF by E-Flite freirem Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 28, 2012 06:38 PM
Discussion A6M5 Zero 300 BNF Basic by E-flite BlazingStar Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Feb 03, 2012 02:22 AM