Feb 12, 2013, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Yes, but...

It's called the Magic Cube and it's not got great write ups. I've used it a little but I think Zadaw had an issue with it mixing channels and causing some blood loss...

I'd save your money and just get a Devo 10 RTF instead (probably not the price range of answer you were looking for though I'm sure - sorry mate).

EDIT:
With a little more thought its actually totally the way to go because with the Devo 10 you get a TX which can do Devo and 2801/2601/2401 plus DSM2/X and others... way better BNF options... if you're ok about upgrading to DeviationTX.com 3rd party firmware.
So how hard is it to upgrade firmware to dsm2/x and how functional is the switch between models of different,what is it (protocal)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2013, 07:37 PM
BahamaHeli
@S-bird

Yep, your grounding sounds correct. I like cf tail blades, they are lighter and dont give off bad vibes as much when something goes wrong with the tail case/grip bearings. For main blades i use exi pro3d cf 325mm. They are good and cheap.
Feb 12, 2013, 07:47 PM
BahamaHeli
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post

Is anyone interested in a RC Aerodyne MD500 fusilage (NIB) for Trex 600 helicopter? I bit off more than I can chew and seriously doubt I will ever tackel this project and would help if I could use it to finance my other projects. I'm going to list it soon.
Jack,

I would love to finnish that build for you. I have this extra 600esp that i want to put in a fuse, but it looks like it will be a while before i can get the century bell 222 w/retracts together. It just way too costly right now.

How much are you looking to get for the md500? And do you do installments?
Feb 12, 2013, 08:06 PM
Moving Parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Jack,

I would love to finnish that build for you. I have this extra 600esp that i want to put in a fuse, but it looks like it will be a while before i can get the century bell 222 w/retracts together. It just way too costly right now.

How much are you looking to get for the md500? And do you do installments?
PM sent
Feb 12, 2013, 09:46 PM
Team WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashj View Post
So how hard is it to upgrade firmware to dsm2/x and how functional is the switch between models of different,what is it (protocal)
It's slightly more difficult than upgrading the standard FW but only because you have two parts, a flashing part and a USB enable/copy part but it's very simple all in all. The manual is clear and step by step for that.
Changing protocol is just changing a menu setting. Like any other programable radio setting.
The current interface is a little more complex than standard but more powerful as well.
As long as you're not a complete technophobe then you'll manage (even if you need to ask questions here).
Feb 13, 2013, 01:13 PM
They call me plan B
So smooth " seems like a calming thing compared to heli, but im sure after it gets in the sky i would be shaking my thimbs off, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Here's a vid of the first flight with my new airplane. It's super easy to fly. I got to remember to point the camera more UP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4b8vD5r2fY
Feb 13, 2013, 11:16 PM
No, the first couple of flights, I was nervous untill it was in the air. After that, you back the throttle off and cruse around for 15 mins. It gets boring after a while so I need a faster plane now
Feb 13, 2013, 11:55 PM
BahamaHeli
Ha ha, so true. Thats why i put an oversized motor and prop on my plane. After doing a couple laps, i wanna bring it down and make it do tricks like my helis. My next plane will be a 3D type something.

Happy valentines day btw, now go do something romantic for the one who lets you buy your "toys".
Feb 16, 2013, 01:34 AM
BahamaHeli
The rain is here, the front of the pending cold front. It will bring with it 15-25mph winds and that means i may not get a flight in this weekend. Bummer... I replaced the center hub of the 500cmt head that got tweeked in an emergengy landing last weekend. I want to get that tracked and flying so i can sell it. I think its best if i no longer fly the helis i want to sell.

Im still waiting for the front umbrella gear before i start working on the 600 12s conversion, and ultimatley starting the second 600 build. With all this wind weather i should be putting the bench time in, but i just dont have the drive right now. I cant wait for the mid-term break from my school work, and hopefull a break from the windy weather.

Hope you guys have a good weekend.
Feb 16, 2013, 06:23 PM
Brent 黑雁

Antenna leads

I was just putting together a Cessna 182 this weekend and when I opened up the RX701 Devo RX package, I noticed they now have 2 eight inch antenna leads. I checked and the other spare I got and the Devo 12 RX have all got the long leads now.
It looks like they have been listening to everyone's peeves.
Feb 16, 2013, 08:25 PM
I tried to test hover my new heli in the backyard. This is what happened.
aller anfang ist schwer! (9 min 50 sec)
Feb 16, 2013, 08:46 PM
Seeking Control
Quote:
I tried to test hover my new heli in the backyard. This is what happened.
Holy Sh*t you were lucky! Any idea what cause it to go full throttle?
Feb 16, 2013, 09:05 PM
Hahaha, that was just a video I saw and had to share I'm still laughing
Feb 16, 2013, 09:11 PM
Seeking Control
Quote:
Hahaha, that was just a video I saw and had to share I'm still laughing
You as@! Can you say sucker?
Feb 16, 2013, 09:34 PM
I'm sorry that happened to the poor guy but I'm glad I saw it. Took me a little while before I started laughing, then couldn't stop.
There was another one I viewed recently that became more funny as I watched.
Longest chicken dance. Total destruction rc crash (2 min 25 sec)