For my son's birthday, I bought him 6 rockets that required more set up than I have ever done before. Two of the rockets were Estes Vikings, which are mostly cardboard. Fearing balsa wood fins for a first advanced build, I started building a Viking. I realized the instructions were on two different pages and a little out of order a little too late, so there is a good chance fins may fall off this on launch. I did reinforce the fins with model cement last night, but the paint was already on. My son wanted all green, but I added a little orange to the fins to help with visibility. We lost track of other rockets at 600ft, but luckily recovered them. After the test launch with B engines (if it survives), we will try a C to get it as close to 1600ft as possible. I don't expect to get this one back on that launch. Now all we have to wait for is a day when the winds let up. Here is the final result:
Actually, the winds have not let up at all recently at all. One day this week I thought they did and I went outside with my Blade mSR. That was a big mistake. It hit the side of my house and then the chain link fence after a gust of wind made my transmitter useless. The mSR was fine except for the canopy. It cracked from the top edge to the grommet. I threw it on my bench and looked around for something to fix it with. I spotted a bottle of Formula '560' canopy glue that Jodi from Time Flys sold me. He told me I would need it some day and he wasn't kidding. I did one thin coat and let it set. When I saw how clear it dried, I put on a thicker coat. I am still missing small piece of plastic from the top of the canopy, but it is usable again. So to the people at Formula '560' and Jodi at Time Flys, I say thank you!