Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:18 AM
Find More Posts by Castel101
I really like your builds, the F-4 looks very scale. Looking forward to some video showing it flying good after being trimmed.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by sloperjoe
yeah...me too, I have the new fan blades on and running smooth...just need a weather break to get it on video. it flies very nice all trimmed out, just doesnt want to be videoed

Joe
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:50 PM
Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
There are some reports of being able to use 4s with the three blade impeller and a 12A esc. I haven't personally tried it to verify motor temps.
I'm running 4S on this fan/motor combo/10 amp ESC without any issues---And with the 5 blade fan...My SA MiG 15 is fast as snot!!!...The SA motor is really a lower kv than advertised...

Kevin
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:13 PM
hmmmmm that sounds interesting, just might give that a go.
I've heard some where running 4s, but wondered if the motor would hold out over repeated runs.

Joe
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:02 PM
had a chance to fly today and got the Phantom on video, not the greatest flight I was getting cold and my fingers were a bit numb, the breeze wasnt real bad but enough to knock it around some. as I have said its no speed demon but it is fun, I would think a 40mm or mabey 45mm would scoot her along very nice, or as suggested go 4s...now that would really kick the speed up a notch or two

Joe

35MMPhantom2 (0 min 0 sec)
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:06 PM
Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Team30 Micro EDF
Thanks for the video Joe. I gotta say - you're throttle management scared me a few times during the flight! LOL
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:41 PM
throttle management...? thats one of my problems...some days I dont have any...
might as well forgo the speed control and just use an old fashioned "motor on-motor off" controller
also been experimenting with the rates, it was very touchy on the role so I reduced them a touch, and like where they are now, and the elevator was a bit mushy so I increased it, hence the porpoising till I got a feel for it, then I near ran into myself...ah..good times

Joe
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:25 PM
Find More Posts by numanair
This looks good enough that I'm considering building it just as a display model. Have you weighed it yet? Do you think it could be built as a pusher or would it end up tail heavy?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by numanair View Post
This looks good enough that I'm considering building it just as a display model. Have you weighed it yet? Do you think it could be built as a pusher or would it end up tail heavy?
there have been a couple pusher versions of the Phantom done, dont see any reason why this one wouldnt work, plenty of room in the nose to push the batts quite a ways forward, and you can also put the servos and RX way up front too.

Joe