This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 24, 2012, 03:36 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

The jesus multimeter

After spending $100 on meters that broke for 15 years, it was time for something new. If this doesn't last forever, nothing will.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2012, 02:16 PM
Closed Account
Nice meter. I have a few I have purchased over the past 40 years. Most recent one I bought 5 years ago was an el cheapo $8 one. It has an intermittent problem caused by a poor solder joint. Used to be that when one bought a meter, even though cheap, it worked. I still have the Radio Shack one that fits in a pocket with an LCD screen. I bought it 20 years ago, still working (when I don't misplace it). However, I don't use them daily as an electrician or electronics tech would.
Oct 24, 2012, 03:12 PM
Almost spit my coke out with the last picture. Very funny, but partially true.
Did I say partially? Nice meter should last a while.
Randy
Oct 24, 2012, 09:15 PM
Closed Account
Made in US is a rare thing these days. Most of the time it is either mainland China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Korea, etc. Fluke is a decent brand.
Oct 25, 2012, 07:30 AM
Live to fly... Fly to live
I bought my Fluke meter back in 1985 when I went thru Avionics school, I still have it today and when it is time for it to be calibrated it passes cal every time. Buy a good meter, take care of it and you will not be sorry... Mudman1959
Nov 06, 2012, 07:47 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
I still have my original Fluke 8060A handheld TRMS DMM (pushbuttons on the side...long before Fluke went to a singke dial) from the 80's.
It has never given me a wrong reading or an issue.

Then again, I still have my Tek7104 analog scope with about 10 plug in modules that still looks and works like the day it was built...

Never skimp on tools...

Quick Reply