to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2003, 12:12 AM
Quote:
surfer rosa has a "virgin moth
Don't worry, I'll deflower her soon enough Half the fun is tinkering with it, right? Seriously, I really enjoyed building it and I'm not at all intimidated at fixing a few blunders, as long as I learn something from it.

CrashinJ - thanks alot for that link! That is exactly what I was looking for. Very timely too.

Basketcase - are those all dead soldiers? How much time can I expect from my stock motor w/sink and etec 700?

Going by Crash's weblink, tomorrow is right out for flying here, but Saturday looks really good Are 3 to 5 mph winds a go for a newbie's second flight?
Dec 05, 2003, 12:14 AM
plane crazy
Got my Curteks finally today!

Sloooow to ship but well worth the wait.. I wish I could have gotten better pictures, they dont do it justice at all. The landing lights are on my 4th channel...
Dec 05, 2003, 12:20 AM
ghae
Dec 05, 2003, 12:21 AM
i mean............too dark?
Dec 05, 2003, 12:22 AM
that avatar is so gay...look!
<<<<<<<<<<<<-----------------
Dec 05, 2003, 12:23 AM
sweeeet! How much current does that draw with all lights on?
Dec 05, 2003, 12:23 AM
plane crazy
yeah mikey I had a hard time getting a good photo. The strobe is on the tail but I couldnt catch it in photo.
Dec 05, 2003, 12:24 AM
milhouse has to be the dorkiest character on the simpsons, but why is he still "THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Dec 05, 2003, 12:24 AM
plane crazy
its nominal....so little in fact that you wouldnt even notice a decrease in flight time.

I could get the exact numbers if you like
Dec 05, 2003, 12:26 AM
Inbox is almost full
Mike don't fly no more.
At least I got his Slow Stick. Thanks Mike. hehe

Sweet Curteks. My moth has 9 LED's and I think some people have reported a UFO in my backyard.
Dec 05, 2003, 12:28 AM
plane crazy
heres another.....

www.curtek.com
Dec 05, 2003, 12:39 AM
Inbox is almost full
I think each LED consumes about 30milli amps.

The board maybe the same. I got 9 LED's on mine and it flies fine.

The lights really do transform it into another machine. Very cool.
Dec 05, 2003, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I just saw the video on the curtek site - strobed lights, no less. Very cool. So for night flight I suppose you have to be very familiar with your flying area and have at least your landing strip illuminated (visible)? Sounds like a real blast!
Dec 05, 2003, 12:54 AM
plane crazy
Ive been flying it at night for a while without the curteks..but they certainly do help with orientation. Mostly just for looks though

Nighttime during the winter in texas is the only time its calm enough to fly the TM!

Quick Reply