New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:31 PM
makg is online now
Find More Posts by makg
ISP Supervisor
makg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benf207 View Post
I believe rubbing alcohol will take off the graphics.
Can anyone confirm?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:28 PM
twoplanekid is offline
Find More Posts by twoplanekid
Registered User
twoplanekid's Avatar
My Night Vapor vs Mini-Vapor in a small space !
My flight time with Night Vapor +200 hours
My flight time with Mini-Vapor 5 minutes
Both can be slowed to about the same speed
The Mini-Vapor wins in a small space because of size!

Night Vapor vs Mini-Vapor (3 min 7 sec)
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:04 AM
captdave221 is offline
Find More Posts by captdave221
220 221 Whatever it takes
captdave221's Avatar
Has anyone else had the rear of the wing not glued to the post? I thought mine was broken when I opened the box last night. Will it fly ok with 70mah batteries also?
Thx for replies.

Dave
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:05 PM
crash1414 is offline
Find More Posts by crash1414
the flying fool
crash1414's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by captdave221 View Post
Has anyone else had the rear of the wing not glued to the post? I thought mine was broken when I opened the box last night. Will it fly ok with 70mah batteries also?
Thx for replies.

Dave
Mine came the same way no problems so far
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:17 PM
makg is online now
Find More Posts by makg
ISP Supervisor
makg's Avatar
Pulled the trigger and ordered one
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:48 AM
twoplanekid is offline
Find More Posts by twoplanekid
Registered User
twoplanekid's Avatar
Has anyone else experienced this quirk with the Mini-Vapor. In using my DX8, I usually bind all of the small 3 channel aircraft to the same model. I bind the Vapor, Champ and Ember to model 1.

Now, if I bind the Mini-Vapor to model 1, I have to rebind all of the other aircraft to model 1. And, if I rebind the other aircraft, the Mini-Vapor will not work and has to be rebound.

What has changed in the electronics of the Mini-Vapor or is it my new DX8.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:46 PM
Jovanx is offline
Find More Posts by Jovanx
Tossing planes into the snow
oops
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:54 PM
airpower is online now
Find More Posts by airpower
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
I have had some servo locking on my min vapor, squirted them with de-oxit. Normally i would freak out but with the mini vapor, its so durable in doors that servo locking wont be able to make any damage.

I am extremely surprised at the durability of this butterfly, i was concerned about the construction being like the original vapor(not being modular) but ive abused mine and the prop doesnt even have a scratch or a nick and has perfect tracking.

A cool manuever that this will do is if your in high alpha and lower the throttle, she'll descend almost vertically!
Last edited by airpower; Nov 30, 2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:25 PM
krisssi is offline
Find More Posts by krisssi
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by captdave221 View Post
Has anyone else had the rear of the wing not glued to the post? I thought mine was broken when I opened the box last night. Will it fly ok with 70mah batteries also?
Thx for replies.

Dave
I have already tried the 70mah of my NV...works

Christian
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:26 PM
jj604 is online now
Find More Posts by jj604
ancora imparo
jj604's Avatar
The Mini vapor has a DSMX brick.

"Super Lite DSMX® 3-channel receiver/ESC with 2 servos"

Multiple DSM2 receivers can be bound to one model memory but not DSMX.

Hmmm..... Just did a brief search of the technical posts.

It may be you can bind multiple DSMX bricks - haven't tried that since I don't have two.

But you certainly cannot bind receivers with different protocols (ie DSM2 and DSMX) to the same memory. That's what you are trying to do here.

Hope this makes sense.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Has anyone else experienced this quirk with the Mini-Vapor. In using my DX8, I usually bind all of the small 3 channel aircraft to the same model. I bind the Vapor, Champ and Ember to model 1.

Now, if I bind the Mini-Vapor to model 1, I have to rebind all of the other aircraft to model 1. And, if I rebind the other aircraft, the Mini-Vapor will not work and has to be rebound.

What has changed in the electronics of the Mini-Vapor or is it my new DX8.
Last edited by jj604; Nov 30, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:09 PM
twoplanekid is offline
Find More Posts by twoplanekid
Registered User
twoplanekid's Avatar
John,

Thanks, I missed the fact that the Mini-Vapor is DSMX. And sure enough, I can bind the MiG-15(DSMX) and the Mini V to the same model without having to rebind. However, not sure I will do that with those two!

Again, thanks for the tip.

Rick
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:29 PM
angelicgundam is offline
Find More Posts by angelicgundam
Registered User
if only this was a mini Night vapor!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:50 PM
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline
Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
John,

Thanks, I missed the fact that the Mini-Vapor is DSMX. And sure enough, I can bind the MiG-15(DSMX) and the Mini V to the same model without having to rebind. However, not sure I will do that with those two!

Again, thanks for the tip.

Rick
The MV will probably speak DSM2. Try locking down the model slot to DSM2 and then binding.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:54 PM
Doug Sipprell is offline
Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
Elfi Flyer
Doug Sipprell's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ls Thumbs View Post
The MV will probably speak DSM2. Try locking down the model slot to DSM2 and then binding.
It will. I bound my MV to a DSM2 Spektrum DX6i. Thus far, no problems.

RD
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:33 AM
coreman is offline
Find More Posts by coreman
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ls Thumbs View Post
The MV will probably speak DSM2. Try locking down the model slot to DSM2 and then binding.
It does, it bound fine to my JR8103 with the older DSM2 module
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted I Need a Parkzone (Vapor) DSM2 Rec/ESC/servo "Brick" *** Joe Pierson Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 25, 2012 11:27 PM
Sold parkzone vapor bnf original $50.00 shipped chrisb22 Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Mar 03, 2012 02:25 PM