Thread Tools
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:31 PM
Mikarro is offline
Find More Posts by Mikarro
Suspended Account
I don't know if Tower will sell a combo of this radio... http://www.hobby.co.jp/retail/futaba/46.html

Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:07 PM
super kupfer is offline
Find More Posts by super kupfer
Anything that gives me a High
super kupfer's Avatar
I already have the super 8FG and love.

Just backordered one of these at tower ($599.99)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNCVPZ&P=G

It's a great price.
Last edited by super kupfer; Oct 29, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:21 PM
super kupfer is offline
Find More Posts by super kupfer
Anything that gives me a High
super kupfer's Avatar
Is the tx case plastic that's chromed? Or plastic & metal?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:11 AM
J. Wydronek is offline
Find More Posts by J. Wydronek
Registered User
J. Wydronek's Avatar
What a great looking radio.

Joe
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:07 AM
topgearuk is offline
Find More Posts by topgearuk
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
If people haven't noticed, there are 2 new buttons on radio that operate the menu system, almost like short cuts.. You can just see them in the picture above underneath the sticks to the side of the trims.
I know it has 30 model memory built-in and uses an SD card that slots in underneath the battery cover this gives unlimited models and for firmware updating.

On the back there is a standard trainer port and a place to connect in digital servos for programming.
Last edited by topgearuk; Oct 30, 2012 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Hit a 2 rather then a 3
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:48 AM
Rooster-X is offline
Find More Posts by Rooster-X
Registered User
Anybody seen the manual yet? Need to know if it can do "Fine Tuning VR Setting" for Aileron Differential and Elevator to Camber in Glider Settings.

Cheers

Tom
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:46 AM
TimBle is offline
Find More Posts by TimBle
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
If people haven't noticed, there are 2 new buttons on radio that operate the menu system, almost like short cuts.. You can just see them in the picture above underneath the sticks to the side of the trims.
I know it has 20 model memory built-in and uses an SD card that slots in underneath the battery cover this gives unlimited models and for firmware updating.

On the back there is a standard trainer port and a place to connect in digital servos for programming.
the spec says its 30 model memory.
SD card is 4GB to 32GB

andd yeah those short cut menu buttons are cool. they're designed to help you navigate through the User menu quickly while flying. Don;t have to use the click wheel to change mixes I still won't be trying that with a plane in the air, I prefer to land change settigns and take off again but its nice to have that sort of function available
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:51 AM
TimBle is offline
Find More Posts by TimBle
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster-X View Post
Anybody seen the manual yet? Need to know if it can do "Fine Tuning VR Setting" for Aileron Differential and Elevator to Camber in Glider Settings.

Cheers

Tom
the manuals only get released once they have the final product spec. Watch the follwoing link from Mid November I guess :

http://www.futabarc.com/downloads/manuals.html
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:04 AM
Rooster-X is offline
Find More Posts by Rooster-X
Registered User
Thanks TimBle, will keep a look out!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:10 AM
RC Man is offline
Find More Posts by RC Man
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_beyer View Post
Good luck with that one. Most hate the look that’s why the sales have been so slow – what were they thinking – LOL.

Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:39 AM
topgearuk is offline
Find More Posts by topgearuk
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
the spec says its 30 model memory.
SD card is 4GB to 32GB

andd yeah those short cut menu buttons are cool. they're designed to help you navigate through the User menu quickly while flying. Don;t have to use the click wheel to change mixes I still won't be trying that with a plane in the air, I prefer to land change settigns and take off again but its nice to have that sort of function available
Sorry hit 2 rather then a 3! Just edited my post.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:58 AM
bdelapen is offline
Find More Posts by bdelapen
Sponsored by Team de la Peña
bdelapen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Sorry hit 2 rather then a 3! Just edited my post.
Actually it will take any size card, specifically it says (actually, not any by spec but a much broader range than the 8FG (max 2G) or 12FG (max 1G)):

SD: 32MB-2GB
SDHC: 4GB-32GB

- Birger
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:28 AM
TimBle is offline
Find More Posts by TimBle
Registered User
correct, the broader range is too accomodate transfer fo files form 8FG to 14SG.
Can't really buy 2GB SD cards anylonger anyway. the camera's the 2GB SD card was designed for are longer manufactured. Fortunately SDHC card readers are backwards compatible.

I wonder wht Futaba are going to do about the 8FG's antiquated card reader?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:57 AM
fizzwater2 is online now
Find More Posts by fizzwater2
Registered User
Ran into that last night - I wanted to update the software on an 8FG, but I only had 8GB and 16GB cards around, have to go shopping for a tiny little 2GB card. I might have to end up ordering one online somewhere.. most stores don't carry any so small any more.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:47 AM
topgearuk is offline
Find More Posts by topgearuk
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Sorry hit 2 rather then a 3! Just edited my post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
Actually it will take any size card, specifically it says (actually, not any by spec but a much broader range than the 8FG (max 2G) or 12FG (max 1G)):

SD: 32MB-2GB
SDHC: 4GB-32GB

- Birger
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
correct, the broader range is too accomodate transfer fo files form 8FG to 14SG.
Can't really buy 2GB SD cards anylonger anyway. the camera's the 2GB SD card was designed for are longer manufactured. Fortunately SDHC card readers are backwards compatible.

I wonder wht Futaba are going to do about the 8FG's antiquated card reader?
Not quite sure why you guys are quoting me? I hit a 2 instead of a 3 in number of built-in model I.e 20 when I should have typed 30! I never said anything about SD card size
It what happens sometimes when you post from a phone


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Futaba 9cap\JRXP9303 Airplane\FUTABA 10C tx wanted Defacto Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 8 Mar 26, 2013 07:54 PM
Whoops! The Futaba 8J S-FHSS is better than Futaba 18MZ S-FHSS! The 8J may get Telemetry... SimonChambers Radios 1 Jul 09, 2012 05:54 PM
Sold Genuine Futaba GY401 gyro with Futaba S9650 servo BD Flyer Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jul 01, 2012 11:33 PM
Sold Genuine Futaba GY401 gyro with Futaba S9650 servo BD Flyer Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 3 Jun 27, 2012 10:47 PM
Sold Futaba S9650 Digital Servo + Futaba Gryo GY401 / Futaba 2.4GHz 8Ch R608FS wefao Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 4 Mar 10, 2012 09:45 PM