Jan 18, 2013, 03:46 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
I have a feeling I won't be getting mine any time this month
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2013, 03:54 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
They have postponed the release every month for the last three months; why would you have any expectation you would get one this month... that would be foolish.
Jan 18, 2013, 03:54 PM
Suspended Account
I think it will be delivered on February 4th.
Jan 18, 2013, 03:55 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
I think it will be delivered on February 4th.
I hope you are right... but out of curiosity, what are you basing your estimate on?

have you any substantial news, or is this just a hunch?
Is your name Ms. Cleo? Do you offer palm readings?
Jan 18, 2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
They have postponed the release every month for the last three months; why would you have any expectation you would get one this month... that would be foolish.
Actually we first announced it last month (December) with hopes it would be here just prior to Christmas. Unfortunately it has been delayed as I've mentioned in previous posts. The situation is out of our hands at the current time, but we will get them here as soon as possible once approval has been obtained.

Steve
Jan 18, 2013, 03:58 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Well, you have my funds as soon as it gets here
Jan 18, 2013, 04:08 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
I preordered mine a while back. I have a friend that wants to feel one before he orders it. Just wish the FCC would get off the butts and get this thing approved.
Jan 18, 2013, 04:32 PM
Why does this take so long? i got mine since 19.12.2012
I am from Austria it has CE or something like that.
Jan 18, 2013, 05:07 PM
I have mine
As predicted, ours comes from the European distribution centre, software version 1.3.
It feels real nice
Jan 18, 2013, 05:44 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
If it going to be much longer l might order one from Europe. It will cost more but heck at least l will have one.
Jan 18, 2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
If it going to be much longer l might order one from Europe. It will cost more but heck at least l will have one.
But then you cant use it LEGAL in your country...
Jan 18, 2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
I have mine
So what you think?
Jan 19, 2013, 04:49 AM
hmmmm,
The dial switches are rough like they're rubbing somewhere inside the case and the power switch doesn't have as solid a feel as the 8FGS power switch.
The screen is bigger and overall the radio is larger (volume, height width & thickness)
The gimbals feel very much like the 8FGS i.e. smooth and the tension adjust is great. The pain is getting the covers off to do the job. I broke a nail........LOL.

If you like the 8FGS you will love the 14SG. It's overall feel is much better and for thos who prefer a heavier radio it does not disappoint:
8FGS = 830gr
14SG = 956gr

The manual is the usual vague literature from futaba so Malcolm's job is safe once again

The programming is the same excellent and intuitive stuff from the 8FG enhanced.
Oh th 14SG is way quicker than the 8FG. This is evident when copying the model files from the 8FG to the SD card and the same model from the 14Sg to the SD card. With the 14SG being capapble of using a SDHC card the copy task should be even faster.

Word of caution, if you have ordered this radio and the 8FGS is now your back up (like in my case), give careful consideration to whether you want to use SDHC cards for now. The 8FGS cannot read these cards. So you may want to consider using the SD card as your primary backup card when backing up models and swop it between the two radio's. The 14SG has 30 model memory so there enough space on board. You wil need the SD or SDHC card for software updates. Not sure if the 14SG update files will be larger since they have to carry across S-FHSS to FASSTest 14ch (5 transmission types) as opposed to the 8FGS's 3 transmission types).

The touch dial on the 14SG is much more sensitive than the 8FGS's touch pad so don't get caught out by applying pressure to the pad. It won't work. This requires a lighter touch. The side buttons for "HOME/EXIT" and "USER MENU (U.MENU) and Servo Monitor (MON.)" are an excellent addition to the radio's controls.

The wider spacing between the should switches is very obvious when holding the radio even though there no obvious difference in the pictures.

The antenna shroud is shorter than on the 8FG i.e. more stubby.

Overall the inperson look of the 14S is of a higher quality radio that should cost more.
I'll post more info as i get into the programming. I'm busy transferring models and will play with the S.bus programmer later as well. More updates to come
Jan 19, 2013, 05:52 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
If you do that you won’t be able to use it legally or legally sell it to anyone else in the US. Also if it’s checked at clubs or contests you may be arrested and face a stiff fine.

There may be some sort of a modification that’s required for operation in North America. You just don’t know until the FCC finished there testing. For all I know they have already finished and Futaba is working on a fix. Hobbico is really keeping us in the dark about that?

Jan 19, 2013, 06:01 AM
numnutchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle
hmmmm,
---
+1 to that, and want to add a few thoughts:

Use Sandisk cards if swapping between the 8 and 14. I had some trouble when transferring models as the 8 worked fine with a samsung card and the 14 read it but occasionally hung, took some time to transfer those <40 models I had in my 8.

Also the new RX needs reBIND when changing model memory. If eg. creating a new model using the same protocol as the RX was formerly used with, youll have servo movements but no telemetry until the TX has stored the ID - as per manual but might be easy to forget, having used the easylink button for several yrs.

And I still get the feeling the battery is depleted when turning on the Tx, as its lost another cell....
Last edited by numnutchris; Jan 19, 2013 at 06:32 AM.

Quick Reply