Oct 18, 2012, 12:51 PM
Closed Account
Thread OP
Discussion

Blah Blah Blah X-Heli

So Im curious to whats a high performance 4ch. FP helicopter and ask chat support at Xheli.com about it. Apparently these guys have a huge overstock of MadHawk 300's. It dont matter what you ask them, they always reccomend the MadHawk 300. All Xheli.com cares about is there inventory. Crazy kids.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2012, 02:46 PM
Cranky old fart
The Madhawk is a rebadged and obsolete Walkera CB180Q (or C, depending on the version). You really don't want one. They are poor performers, with poor durability and crappy motors. They have a badly engineered tail drive system that requires replacement. This model was replaced by the CB180Z, which in turn was replaced by the V200D01. The V200D01 is a viable higher performance FP heli, although it is not particularly durable, as it still uses Walkeras previous generation design techniques. The Walkera Mini FP (I think that's the name), Blade 120SR and MSRX are the only higher performing, very durable FP helis that come to mind. The manufacturers are switching to quads for this segment of the market. They are better performers with no moving parts.
Oct 18, 2012, 04:18 PM
V200D01 is a pretty bird and brushless. Gears for tail will most likely have issues as posted. Cute and durable Super F/P/ Or Genius F/P All Walkrea FBL helis. Walkrea Ladybird V1 is awesome. Have two plus Scorpion Y-6 and fly them everyday. Walkrea hit it out of the Park with L/Bird V1. They sell a detuned version V2, and hear it flys very well. MQX Blade Quad is very good as there 120SR. Another good 120 size is Solo-pro 328. Half the cost of Blade. Blade stuff is good but very overpriced. Advantage of Blade as many Good hobby shops carry them. Others china syndrome of waiting forever to get your goods . Xheli I find is good if .they have items in stock.
Oct 18, 2012, 05:20 PM
Cranky old fart
The Madhawk is a perfect example of why vendors are wary of carrying much Walkera stock. I would think xheli would be dumping them for whatever they can get. At $168, only some newbie, enchanted by the pretty fuselage, would buy one. I'd give them $40 for one, maybe even buy two for that price.
Oct 19, 2012, 01:38 PM
Closed Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
The Madhawk is a rebadged and obsolete Walkera CB180Q (or C, depending on the version). You really don't want one. They are poor performers, with poor durability and crappy motors. They have a badly engineered tail drive system that requires replacement. This model was replaced by the CB180Z, which in turn was replaced by the V200D01. The V200D01 is a viable higher performance FP heli, although it is not particularly durable, as it still uses Walkeras previous generation design techniques. The Walkera Mini FP (I think that's the name), Blade 120SR and MSRX are the only higher performing, very durable FP helis that come to mind. The manufacturers are switching to quads for this segment of the market. They are better performers with no moving parts.
Yeah Im still noob and I could see that just by watching a couple videos of the thing. Piss on that MadHawk 300 and thats the last time I look for advice from Xheli. There on the other side of the nation from me and shiping is $15.00 from there. I have no business at Xheli.com anyway. Them fools sit up in there and fly Align brand, Blades ect. then gone try to tell me to buy the MadHawk 300 (probaly because they have a crap load of them). Im not THAT stupid lol.
Oct 19, 2012, 03:24 PM
Owner1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
To the OP, I don't know if you've seen my V200D01 video in the dedicated thread, but I'll post it here in case you haven't. As Balr14 said, these can be flown fast and aggressively, and being FBL and FP, they are very simple machines to repair. I have hundreds of flights on mine and many crashes. The only things that I've broken are main blades, main gears, and the tail drive gears. These are cheap and easy to replace and not an issue for me. When you're learning though, it is tiresome to replace the main gear so often.

V200D01 with dsobbe mod flying faster than ever before (3 min 27 sec)

Owner1
Oct 22, 2012, 12:19 AM
Closed Account
Thread OP
Good video and nice flying. I appreciate speed as much as I do 3D. Im pretty sure as my fleet grows I'll come across a walkera one day. Thanks for the vid
Oct 22, 2012, 11:36 AM
The Madhawk is a complete rebrand with its own custom fuselage. You have to buy a quite a large volume to do that. xHeli has only got themselves to blame if they had taken in too much stock. The CB180D is still selling well. but as clones made by other companies. The going price is less than $100 with transmitter.

Quick Reply