Nov 27, 2012, 02:02 PM
WWW.RCLOGGER.COM
Adam.RCLogger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by richh View Post
So I see the Christmas Special two pack is a pre-order. Are they shipping from overseas or here in the states? Can I assume they will be delivered before Christmas?
Hi richh-

Currently some of the US retailers are offering the same special as the RC Logger website. These should be expected to be received by these retailers here in the US. shortly before Christmas. Please check here to find a distributor in your area. Most have 2 day shipping so this should not be a problem.

Regards,

Adam
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2012, 06:58 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by richh View Post
So I see the Christmas Special two pack is a pre-order. Are they shipping from overseas or here in the states? Can I assume they will be delivered before Christmas?
Hi there. Yes, they will currently mostly ship directly via Hong Kong from next week onwards. Production has been completed and we are awaiting the good to arrive in our HK warehouse in the next two days. We will start to process all pre-orders from next week.

Santa should be very happy and busy. Those orders will definitely make it under the Christmas tree.

We will also start to ship all open orders to our participating partners next week, thus they will also be guaranteed to supply the goods to you in time before Christmas. This applies for Mode 2 and Mode 3 versions as well as all spare parts!
Nov 28, 2012, 04:57 PM
Closed Account

RC EYE 180 Extreme (Brushless Version)


Sorry - off topic but we need your help.

We need your help. Please share your thoughts and spare a moment of your time.

==>> http://www.rclogger.com/forum/showth...ess-Version%29
Nov 28, 2012, 06:02 PM
Registered User
What's a 180 size quad exactly? What kind of price range? I would definetly go with these features: LEDs pre-installed. Minimalistic canopy. 3D maneuvers of course. Camera friendly setup too.
Nov 28, 2012, 06:17 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
MatLi- It sounds cool but what about adding some extra sensors like on the walkera infra-x or even GPS if it will fit.
Nov 28, 2012, 07:22 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
What's a 180 size quad exactly? What kind of price range? I would definetly go with these features: LEDs pre-installed. Minimalistic canopy. 3D maneuvers of course. Camera friendly setup too.
180 refers to the size. The current RC EYE One is a 120 mm size. Measured from propeller to propeller diagonally.

We are targeting a price range around 100 USD.
Nov 28, 2012, 07:36 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
MatLi- It sounds cool but what about adding some extra sensors like on the walkera infra-x or even GPS if it will fit.
The Infra-X - well - I have not much of a comment but those "avoidance" sensors don't really make much sense to me, especially we are targeting a full brushless system for powerful outdoor flight.

It could be more compared to the HOTENX. A GPS-System may drive the price up. So if I understand correct it just need to hold position in X and Y and no altitude? Altitude hold would require another type of sensor such as atmospheric pressure for example since the GPS altitude information is comparably inaccurate.

I am not sure if this would really be viable for such a price and size range. But we can certainly look into it.

Appreciate your feedback
Nov 28, 2012, 07:45 PM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
180 refers to the size. The current RC EYE One is a 120 mm size. Measured from propeller to propeller diagonally.

We are targeting a price range around 100 USD.
I bet a brushless 180 size quad for around $100 would be a good seller.

It might be a perfect solution for a nice inexpensive FPV setup.
Nov 28, 2012, 07:54 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
180 refers to the size. The current RC EYE One is a 120 mm size. Measured from propeller to propeller diagonally.

We are targeting a price range around 100 USD.
A brushless rtf quad for about $100 thats bigger than the RC Eye One? That's the sweetspot a lot of hobbyists are probably hoping for.

My body is ready.

There's nothing at all in that class right now. I'm not too concerned about GPS (although I suppose you could make more expensive versions with more bells and whistles). This sounds better than the octacopter, to be honest.


You all are on your way to becoming the Valve of quadcopters (meaning you actually listen to your community and prosper from it).
Nov 28, 2012, 08:06 PM
The flightless bird
jameschen072's Avatar
Maybe you can offer the quad at 100 with the gps hold and other functions as add ons. I like the price point and it may be immensely powerful with the brushless system.
I'd say if the EYE One camera fits this brushless quad, that would be even better!
As to the design, I really like the matte black finish on your octo... It looks drone like and very...cool!
Latest blog entry: The Fei-Lun FT011 Review
Nov 28, 2012, 10:36 PM
Registered User
gwrivest's Avatar
I would think you should make it as a stable video platform with maybe a bit of aerobatics as an afterthought. A bit like the Hoten-X but more powerful.

Gerard.
Nov 28, 2012, 10:41 PM
Registered User
jlcamp7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
Sorry - off topic but we need your help.

We need your help. Please share your thoughts and spare a moment of your time.

==>> http://www.rclogger.com/forum/showth...ess-Version%29
Posted my thoughts

I just wanted to say how exciting and cool this has been so far to feel involved in the design/updates to your line of quads. It's so cool to see you guys being so involved in the community and valuing our input. I feel like I'm actually a part of something.

I can't imagine the countless hours and amount of time that has been spent in testing and looking at all the different options. Thanks so much for your commitment to your products and to the rc community!
Nov 29, 2012, 02:29 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Posted my thoughts

I just wanted to say how exciting and cool this has been so far to feel involved in the design/updates to your line of quads. It's so cool to see you guys being so involved in the community and valuing our input. I feel like I'm actually a part of something.
Your feedback has been sent to our engineers. They will read each and every line of what you have to say (all posts). We may need to compromise here and there, obviously, because we want to keep the price attractive but we certainly want to deliver as close as possible what can be done within the target MSRP of around 100 USD (not exceeding if possible) and full RtF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
I can't imagine the countless hours and amount of time that has been spent in testing and looking at all the different options. Thanks so much for your commitment to your products and to the rc community!
To be honest, it is nice to work with the community. Although this is a lot of extra work for us but we believe that users are those who use our product, of course I do too, but why should we not listen to the majority of the users - being you.
Nov 29, 2012, 07:58 AM
AA6JB
Bajora's Avatar
The RC Eye One can lift and carry cool cargo, like a camera! It is like a baby Sikorsky!

RCLogger RC Eye One Quadcopter (3 min 4 sec)
Nov 29, 2012, 08:33 AM
WWW.RCLOGGER.COM
Adam.RCLogger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I bet a brushless 180 size quad for around $100 would be a good seller.

It might be a perfect solution for a nice inexpensive FPV setup.
I strongly agree with you there Tony


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product RC EyE ONE from RC Logger Adam.RCLogger Multirotor Drone Talk 25 May 13, 2013 07:33 AM
Discussion Eagle Eyes Diversity with one receiver- patch and clover? Lpbug FPV Talk 5 Jul 08, 2012 08:03 AM
Found Rc Logger 107_RC Rc Logger Digital Pitch Gauge ronzer Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 1 Jul 03, 2011 09:11 PM
Discussion RC Logger All in One Itís time to criticize! Almaz Mini Helis 14 Apr 01, 2009 01:55 PM