Thread Tools
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:56 AM
flitelab is offline
Find More Posts by flitelab
flitelab's Avatar
I've yet to read where the Hero3 had OIS? Have a link that confirms this?
Site Sponsor
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:07 AM
Wingbreaker is offline
Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Video Juggernaut
Wingbreaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
I've yet to read where the Hero3 had OIS? Have a link that confirms this?
goodrum has one. check his gimbal thread. he just said it has it but he hasn't tried it yet.

they also show an example of ois here:

http://nofilmschool.com/2012/11/gopr...sample-videos/
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:24 AM
brontide is offline
Find More Posts by brontide
Stop me before I build again!
As a point of fact, with the right codec, color correction in post is a minimally destructive action.

The gopro is cheaper, lighter, has a higher bit rate, come with waterproof enclosure, a vibrant community, and firmware updates. If my goal was still photography then it might not be the best choice, but that's not what I'm after and go pro seems to be the only game in town at this form factor, features, and price range. Heck if I were a professional the price of the gopro would make it a "no brainer" to have in my tool chest,
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:34 AM
Wingbreaker is offline
Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Video Juggernaut
Wingbreaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
As a point of fact, with the right codec, color correction in post is a minimally destructive action.

The gopro is cheaper, lighter, has a higher bit rate, come with waterproof enclosure, a vibrant community, and firmware updates. If my goal was still photography then it might not be the best choice, but that's not what I'm after and go pro seems to be the only game in town at this form factor, features, and price range. Heck if I were a professional the price of the gopro would make it a "no brainer" to have in my tool chest,
The better the color correction tool has a lot to do with that too. If you color in apple color or davinci, less degradation of video than per say a filter based software like magic bullet.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:36 AM
ElectroDie is offline
Find More Posts by ElectroDie
Registered User
Anyone tried to put a Sunex lense on the White Edition yet?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:11 AM
flitelab is offline
Find More Posts by flitelab
flitelab's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
goodrum has one. check his gimbal thread. he just said it has it but he hasn't tried it yet.

they also show an example of ois here:

http://nofilmschool.com/2012/11/gopr...sample-videos/
The stabilization mentioned there is with Cineform the way I read it, not in the camera.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:54 AM
Wingbreaker is offline
Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Video Juggernaut
Wingbreaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
The stabilization mentioned there is with Cineform the way I read it, not in the camera.
I think your right. Either way 2.7k is a perfect playing field for post stab played back at 1080
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:55 AM
flitelab is offline
Find More Posts by flitelab
flitelab's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
I think your right. Either way 2.7k is a perfect playing field for post stab played back at 1080
I agree it will help for post stab but as best I can tell there is none in the camera itself.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:07 AM
daskim is offline
Find More Posts by daskim
Videographer/Product Reviews
daskim's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
Not to be rude, but most of the people commenting about the rx100 in that thread don't know what they are talking about. They just like the OIS. From what I hear, the go pro has that now as well
Actually, we tested it with normal, active and off, and the best footage we saw was with it being off.

Take care
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:46 AM
Wingbreaker is offline
Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Video Juggernaut
Wingbreaker's Avatar
So you are confirming it has internal ois? I'm not a fan of ois anyway. Please post tests
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:57 AM
flitelab is offline
Find More Posts by flitelab
flitelab's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
So you are confirming it has internal ois? I'm not a fan of ois anyway. Please post tests
Believe he is referring to RX100
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:00 AM
daskim is offline
Find More Posts by daskim
Videographer/Product Reviews
daskim's Avatar
Yeah, referring to the RX100.

Haven't seen anything about OIS with the GP3. The manual doesn't mention it at all.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:30 PM
rp_chapman is offline
Find More Posts by rp_chapman
Trapman Bobby Lou
Can you use the Go Pro H3 for fpv and record at the same time? I heard not.

Do you need an adapter to connect to your fpv? The H3 uses a mini HDMI to standard HDMI connector.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:45 PM
Z06 Tony is online now
Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Z06 Tony's Avatar
Here is a short vid that was shot using the Hero3 Black Edition->
Rc Logger EYE One Micro Quad/QuadCopter MultiRotor shot w/GoPro Hero3 Black Edition (2 min 3 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:00 PM
Wingbreaker is offline
Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Video Juggernaut
Wingbreaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Here is a short vid that was shot using the Hero3 Black Edition->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYW65...1&feature=plcp
Incredible detail. I want the RTF. Crazy!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale GoPro Hero LCD backpack, Battery, GoPro Hero1 lens & New Sunex GoPro Lens nicwilke Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 2 Apr 17, 2012 09:38 PM
Discussion New GoPro lens protection product by fpvmanuals timnilson Aerial Photography 0 Dec 15, 2011 11:34 PM
Discussion New product. GoPro HD HERO2. Sad Sack FPV Talk 3 Oct 25, 2011 08:19 AM
Build Log Aerobird3 with onboard Hero3, vids, mods, and ramblings.... iamtheroboto Parkflyers 17 May 31, 2008 06:02 PM