Oct 23, 2012, 04:58 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
If I can make a suggestion. Several folks have said they're going to start a build log when the frames ever show up. I'd hate to see four or five different threads going with the same basic info. How about whom ever gets theirs first start the build thread and others can add to it with their build info....now to just have someone get one of these in hand...
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2012, 05:25 PM
Thats a great idea I have one coming also so it will be great to see othe builds.
Oct 24, 2012, 02:43 AM
penichard78
i everybody
how did they solve barometer reaction because barometer in inside waterproof box (problem with atmospheric pression!!)
sorry for my english
eric
Oct 24, 2012, 03:22 AM
Needs more bacon!
Ordered mine on the 18th, no shipping email yet. Ordered one that was said to be in stock too.
Oct 24, 2012, 03:30 AM
I realize everyone is eagerly awaiting for us to ship their frames. We have dropped EVERYTHING so we can focus on the shipments. So for those that are looking for instructions and videos at this time, it's going to have to wait a few more days... sorry.

We under estimated the popularity of these frames and have since improved our process to make things better for you guys.

As soon as we catch up we will be back developing bigger, better, more advanced, and trick looking designs that are not only functional but look good too. Thank you for all your support, and more importantly your patience.
Oct 24, 2012, 03:54 PM
I'm finding it hard to understand why it's taking so long for shipping, if the frames were/are in stock whats the hold up? When I placed my order for 2 white frames 3 were supposed to be in stock , this was on the 17th and yet still they have not shipped.

As for build instructions and videos... that should have been done before release.

John
Oct 24, 2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCopters
I realize everyone is eagerly awaiting for us to ship their frames. We have dropped EVERYTHING so we can focus on the shipments. So for those that are looking for instructions and videos at this time, it's going to have to wait a few more days... sorry.

We under estimated the popularity of these frames and have since improved our process to make things better for you guys.

As soon as we catch up we will be back developing bigger, better, more advanced, and trick looking designs that are not only functional but look good too. Thank you for all your support, and more importantly your patience.
So it's probably best to hold back on ordering and wait for a better frame to come out?
Oct 24, 2012, 06:27 PM
aka Helidaho
I placed my order for a black one on the 18th and it's still in processing but I really appreciate the update you posted here Aquacopters, lets me know that something didn't happen to my order and that everyone is in the same boat.

Did you ever consider my idea of a clear box top instead of the flat top so we could mount FPV gear in there? Then switch to the flat top for sport flying? Just a thought.

I'll be mounting FPV gear on mine somehow!

Paul
Oct 24, 2012, 07:15 PM
Now where have I seen this frame before ??? Oh I know Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351124114.310019.jpg
Views: 386
Size: 111.6 KB
Description:
Oct 24, 2012, 07:43 PM
aka Helidaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman
Now where have I seen this frame before ??? Oh I know Attachment 5255748
That looks expensive and NOT waterproof.

They are similar in that they are the "X" layout though, good sleuthing!
Oct 24, 2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Now where have I seen this frame before ??? Oh I know

Your point?? I've seen several similar designed frames, DeX, killy's frames and so on. Even if the concept is not new this quad is made of Kydex not carbon and it's priced nicely.

with todays delivery of waterproof LED's I have everything on hand to build my newest quad....except the frame

John
Oct 24, 2012, 08:24 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
Ordered mine on the 18th, no shipping email yet. Ordered one that was said to be in stock too.
Yeah, well, I ordered mine on the 17th and there were 3 in stock. After I ordered the "in stock" went down to 2, but a few minutes later back up to 3. Now it just says "In Stock" with no count.

Bottomline, I don't think those in stock numbers mean much. Looks like they were taking orders and building them now, which is fine by me. I would like to have gotten mine by now since I was one of the first on the thread to order, but hey, as long as they get it right, I am ok.

On the other hand, the squeaky wheel gets grease! Squuuuuueeeeeaaak!
Oct 24, 2012, 08:33 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddcopter
yeah, well, i ordered mine on the 17th and there were 3 in stock. After i ordered the "in stock" went down to 2, but a few minutes later back up to 3. Now it just says "in stock" with no count.

Bottomline, i don't think those in stock numbers mean much. Looks like they were taking orders and building them now, which is fine by me. I would like to have gotten mine by now since i was one of the first on the thread to order, but hey, as long as they get it right, i am ok.

On the other hand, the squeaky wheel gets grease! Squuuuuueeeeeaaak!
squuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkk kkkkkk
Oct 25, 2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz
I'm finding it hard to understand why it's taking so long for shipping, if the frames were/are in stock whats the hold up? When I placed my order for 2 white frames 3 were supposed to be in stock , this was on the 17th and yet still they have not shipped.

As for build instructions and videos... that should have been done before release.

John
I just emailed you, and I will explain so everyone else can understand as well.

First of all you are completely right, the numbers did show in stock, and there was. You are also correct about the build instructions, but it didn't work out that way. The youtube video was put out before we were ready and we have had to improvise in the time being. We take the responsibility on not being prepared.

Now to the orders... when preparing to ship orders we ran into a problem with the pressed in nuts. They were not as secure as I wanted them. Occasionally, the nuts would spin in place causing the screw to be stuck and unable to do much about it. The solution was to use nuts that thread into the motor support. You can see the old nuts and the new ones in the attached pictures.

So I sincerely apologize for the hassle and delay once again, but I felt it was the best decision to make so everyone can enjoy their frames. The frames will come with stainless screws already in the frame so I know everything is in working order when it leaves. If you have any issues in the future, you can always drill new holes and install new inserts. Just be sure to seal the old holes

Finally the clear frames... please look at the frames in the pictures and give me your feedback. The trouble we are having is getting the joint clear. The bonding agent turns the plastic milky white. We have tried just about everything and it seems there is not a simple and cost effective solution. What are your thoughts on selling like it is? Functionally it is great, it just gets to me that I can't get it the way I want to. If most of you are ok with it, I can probably start selling these mid to late next week.

If anyone needs a quicker response, please email us. We cannot get to all the forums as much as we would like to. Thanks for everything, appreciate your support!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&d=1351186754
Oct 25, 2012, 01:10 PM
youtube.com/#/user/flyrobots
Hi Aquacopters,

Do you means the jointing above part and below part become milky? I think its not problem. My purpose to have polycarbonate frame is only for LED light.

How much the price for this frame ? If its same price or even lower, i want one.

John

Quick Reply