Dec 31, 2012, 05:11 PM
It's a fine fiddly business.
I have never seen burnished aluminium duplicated as well.
Robert
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert R View Post
I have never seen burnished aluminium duplicated as well.
Robert
It's not finished yet....
Last edited by phillip57; Jan 12, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
Dec 31, 2012, 06:37 PM
Senile Member
Looking great. I am following this with interest. Just to be pedantic, the technical term for burnishing circles in the aluminum is 'engine turning'. Google it and you will come up with a plethora of information.

Larry
Dec 31, 2012, 07:13 PM
Engine turning... never heard that. http://www.google.com/search?q=engin...w=1920&bih=944
Jan 03, 2013, 10:26 PM
Back to making ribs, again.... this'll be my last scratch job for a while. There are plenty of very nice laser cut kits out there.
Jan 04, 2013, 05:24 AM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Phil,

It is true there are a number of great kits out there but what you've created is pretty impressive! I find a great deal of satisfaction of building from plans. Nothing will beat the feeling of the first flight!

Denny
Jan 04, 2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsumner View Post
Phil,

It is true there are a number of great kits out there but what you've created is pretty impressive! I find a great deal of satisfaction of building from plans. Nothing will beat the feeling of the first flight!

Denny
Thanks Denny, This will have been a very satisfying project, for sure. I'm laser cut spoiled is all, I get a great deal of satisfaction from building a kit as well. Flying an arf is where the satisfaction quotient diminishes.
Jan 04, 2013, 09:37 AM
Just found this thread as a fellow club member was showing plans of the NYP at our club meeting last night.
Great build so far. cowling is really impressive.
Ivor
Jan 04, 2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip57 View Post
Back to making ribs, again.... this'll be my last scratch job for a while. There are plenty of very nice laser cut kits out there.
Making ribs, and very nice looking at that!!! Yes I'm beginning to think that a laser cut kit might be nice on my next build, also.

Your spinner, cowling, engine, look marvelous..... very impressive work.

Bill
Jan 04, 2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks, I appreciate all of the positive feedback.
Jan 17, 2013, 10:38 PM
Here's a tricky part.... this is what I couldn't visualize after completing the right wing half. How the center section te is going to merge with the fuselage, and end up looking good. This'll be a challege.
Jan 17, 2013, 11:56 PM
It's a fine fiddly business.
Beautiful balsa work.
Robert
Jan 21, 2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks Robert... sanding on this wing is difficult. It is long and flimsy, so it wants to flap and twist as I go, it's frustrating. I've been snapping ribs like crazy, going is slow to keep the flapping to a minimum.. Once it is covered, and installed with struts, I'm sure it will be fine.
However, I need a break from wing, so the frustration doesn't get me down... or cause me to make irrevocable mistakes.
The rudder has been waiting patiently...
Last edited by phillip57; Jan 21, 2013 at 06:35 PM.