This thread is privately moderated by Jim T., who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 16, 2012, 06:37 PM
Shining a light on the hobby.
Thread OP
Discussion

The Sheik Story - By Brother Bob Sadler!

In a previous life I had a podcast called the "HellCast." I basically traveled around the RC circuit and recorded stories from fellow RC pilots. Today I was in a thread with Jim Smith and when I asked what he and Joe were up to he said, "Heading to Dubai in a few weeks to fly for the Prince. Joe is really excited and looking forward to meeting him and Doing Demos for the World Parachuting Competition there. Going to be an experience for both of us I'm sure.
The Prince saw one of Joe's Flying videos and contacted him about doing a show for them last Spring. Been making preparations since. We sent over a 103" 3DHS extra, DA120, And a Futaba 18mz. The plane arrived there last week."
That immediately made me think of one of the best RC stories I have ever heard...and I have heard a fair share. Bob Sadler tells a story of when he and a group of well known RC pilots were invited to fly for a sheik. The rest you have to hear!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joeys biggest fan
Thanks for sharing. I talked to Bob Sadler at XFC this year about his trip and it sounded so cool. Hope Joey gets to experience some cool things too.
Joesmom

Quick Reply