Dec 19, 2012, 07:47 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
I'll bet you get considerably less when it's mounted on a powered up FPV platform.
This camera is unstable enough as it is, that I've avoided messing with Wifi remote,
knowing that'll have to renegotiate with the remote every time it flies within range.

ian
Very true, I tried it and it kept loosing signal and reconnecting with the wifi remote, just felt like i was fighting with it. When on the ground in the chair it is nice to just hit record and then fly, instead of walking over then hitting record then sitting down putting on the googles and then flying.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2012, 08:21 PM
In my Adroid APP I have live view while recording !! Only in 1080 60fps Protune OFF
Dec 19, 2012, 08:44 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
I've given up on dealing with GoPro support online; it's been almost 4 weeks and I've had no help from them.

So today I called GoPro support. After a short 30 minute hold period, and a one sided conversation of me describing all the issues. The support guy said they will just replace the camera.

I really hope the replacement works better than what I have now...

Dec 19, 2012, 09:28 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
Here's a photo of another issue with my GoPro hero 3 Black... The camera runs hot! A few minutes after this photo was taken, the camera reached 145 degrees F - almost too hot to touch. Also note the camera was not even recording, but just sitting at the menu screen. This type of heat can't be normal, and it surely drained the camera battery like crazy. The battery only lasted about 20 minutes on a full charge.

Dec 19, 2012, 10:26 PM
Here's a post where some guys in Australia were using the WiFi connection with the Android app while flying.
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...-3-camera-test
Dec 19, 2012, 11:30 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj
Here's a photo of another issue with my GoPro hero 3 Black... The camera runs hot! A few minutes after this photo was taken, the camera reached 145 degrees F - almost too hot to touch. Also note the camera was not even recording, but just sitting at the menu screen. This type of heat can't be normal, and it surely drained the camera battery like crazy. The battery only lasted about 20 minutes on a full charge.

GoPro fever !
Dec 20, 2012, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by udoor
Recommend the made GoPro USB-AV cable for a low price
http://store.fpvbox.com/index.php?ro...&product_id=56

Nobody has the scheme of this plug?
Dec 20, 2012, 03:02 AM
The scheme? You mean pinout and required resistor? Yes, it's earlier in this thread.
Dec 20, 2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
The scheme? You mean pinout and required resistor? Yes, it's earlier in this thread.
Yes I mean pinout but the earlier I found in this thread give only the pinout for vidéo and audio.

I wish to know the pinout for external 5V supply.
Dec 20, 2012, 03:36 AM
5V power is always the same pin on all USB plugs.
Dec 20, 2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
5V power is always the same pin on all USB plugs.
Yes, thanks, it's what I was thinging and I made the cable but:

1° If I supply the GoPro in state of Off: the GoPro Don't charge.
2° If I supply the GoPro in state of On: the GoPro restart and charge

So I wonder if this pinout is right: +5V on pin 10 and ground on pin 6?????
Dec 20, 2012, 05:31 AM
Standard mini USB plug has neither pin 10 or pin 6 and it will charge a GoPro.
+5V is supplied through pin 1 and ground is pin 5.

ian
Dec 20, 2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Standard mini USB plug has neither pin 10 or pin 6 and it will charge a GoPro.
+5V is supplied through pin 1 and ground is pin 5.

ian
Yes, agree. But in the Gopro we have a 10 pins Mini-B so, the pinout is like this the picture.
And in this case, my pin 6 and 10 refer to your pin 1 and 5.
Dec 20, 2012, 06:22 AM
WannaBeLikeJoshTheSlowJet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisouck
Yes, agree. But in the Gopro we have a 10 pins Mini-B so, the pinout is like this the picture.
And in this case, my pin 6 and 10 refer to your pin 1 and 5.
The pins are mislabeled, pin 10 on that picture is pin 1 of a mini usb (+5v) and pin 6 is on a mini usb pin 5.

So, if using the above picture, get 5v to pin 10 and ground to pin 6.
Dec 20, 2012, 08:57 PM
I Toast Planes
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj

I know every GoPro has a built in battery warmer to maintain battery life in cold conditions but I don't know if they get that hot

Quick Reply