Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Nov 17, 2012, 07:27 AM
Registered User
Anyone else need a Hero3 Black? I have no sales tax here so it'll just be cost of shipping and $399.99 for the camera. I just shipped one off to a guy in Denmark and as long as you'll cover the shipping (and fees so I'm not out), I'll get one off to you too.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2012, 04:36 PM
Registered User
yosemitez's Avatar
just trying some 4k slowed down in twixtor. only rendered to 720, shot on a ht-fpv
gopro hero3, 4k (0 min 12 sec)
Nov 17, 2012, 04:43 PM
WannaBeLikeJoshTheSlowJet
bakchos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyfatboy
Anyone else need a Hero3 Black? I have no sales tax here so it'll just be cost of shipping and $399.99 for the camera. I just shipped one off to a guy in Denmark and as long as you'll cover the shipping (and fees so I'm not out), I'll get one off to you too.
Thank you, the tracking number is already working
Nov 17, 2012, 09:58 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitez
just trying some 4k slowed down in twixtor. only rendered to 720, shot on a ht-fpv
http://youtu.be/uYhcygSo5nA
Again, why are you slowing down, already extremely slow frame rate video?
Nov 17, 2012, 10:09 PM
Registered User
yosemitez's Avatar
Kinda looks cool and the quality at full rez is amazing!
Nov 18, 2012, 12:20 AM
aka Helidaho
AeroVideoUS's Avatar
That was kinda cool, need to see more though!
Nov 18, 2012, 02:23 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Kilrah's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Again, why are you slowing down, already extremely slow frame rate video?
Yep! If you want a slow down and only intend to upload in 720 anyway, using the 720p 120fps mode would make much more sense
Nov 18, 2012, 10:23 AM
Registered User
yosemitez's Avatar
it looks so much better than 720 even downsized. it was only a test to see what would happen and took a lot of experimenting. to try and render to 4k each time would have taken days.
Nov 18, 2012, 01:49 PM
Registered User
Made my own version of lens protecton. I used electrical tape, velcro, and attached it to "the frame". It will be used for FPV.


Nov 18, 2012, 06:50 PM
aka Helidaho
AeroVideoUS's Avatar
Nicely done on the lens protection but I have to admit, with a $400 camera I'm keeping mine in it's protective case! I'm such a wuss
Nov 18, 2012, 10:02 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS
Nicely done on the lens protection but I have to admit, with a $400 camera I'm keeping mine in it's protective case! I'm such a wuss
The case weights as much as the camera. I'm trying to use the least weight possible.
Nov 19, 2012, 09:05 AM
Trying to understand something
Hi all guys,

This is my first time posting here. I've reading all the thread bc I love gopro and thinking buy the Black Edition soon.

But what I want to contribute with, a little off-topic perhaps, is my experience with the jello effect. One year trying everything and finally got the method to permanently remove any sign of jello from the GoPro Hero I use.

I use a Jakub stabilizer and tryed all types of foams to attach the camera but the jello always was there. Finally, after many and deep brain acts , decided to suspend the camera without touching with anything that could transmit any vibrations. Used for this two wide rubber bands and a single vertical aluminum plate attached by its ends to the stabilizer. The shape of this aluminum "frame" is just for this stabilizer but I think other shapes work the same. Even with the jack plugged to the camera the wibrations have disappeared.

I hope it can be useful anybody . Attached images to explain what I did.

Good luck!
Jovito
Nov 19, 2012, 10:13 AM
Registered User
AlanGold's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joop1987
Made my own version of lens protecton. I used electrical tape, velcro, and attached it to "the frame". It will be used for FPV.

From where did you purchase the frame? They don't seem to be available on GoPro's site or at B&H Photo.

BTW B&H had a 2 year "Drop and Spill" damage warranty for $60. It made sense to me for a camera that would be flown by a rookie pilot.
Nov 19, 2012, 10:26 AM
Registered User
yosemitez's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGold
From where did you purchase the frame? They don't seem to be available on GoPro's site or at B&H Photo.

BTW B&H had a 2 year "Drop and Spill" damage warranty for $60. It made sense to me for a camera that would be flown by a rookie pilot.
the lens replacement kit for the gp3 is not available yet. you have to use the one that comes with the cam and take it off the case
Nov 19, 2012, 11:35 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Quote:
Originally Posted by joop1987
Made my own version of lens protecton. I used electrical tape, velcro, and attached it to "the frame". It will be used for FPV.


Would you be able to provide the weight of that case? I just took my lense cover off and did the same thing, but man i just cant think of it hanging on to my quad with some velco, and would like to keep it in a case. But the plastic on is so heavy.
Anyway looks nice in the frame case.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold *SOLD* NIB GoPro HD Hero 2 Motorsports Edition plus NIB GoPro Wifi Combo Kit. jbj620 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 2 Jun 11, 2012 11:54 AM
Discussion FPV using GOPRO HD Hero 2 + bacpac WIFI Link69 Multirotor Drone Talk 4 Feb 26, 2012 07:24 PM
Build Log HD FunJet v2 (mini) build log with GoPro HERO HD jbpilot FPV Talk 14 Oct 31, 2010 09:36 AM
Cool GoPro HD Hero Wide - 6.3 oz HD video camera nemo_uk Aerial Photography 5 Sep 27, 2009 09:40 AM