Sep 16, 2014, 08:27 PM
Just visit Fort Henry in Kingston, Ontario last weekend. a strategic point located near the mouth of the Cataraqui River where it flows into the St. Lawrence River, at the upper end of the Thousand Islands. The original fort was constructed during the War of 1812, when present-day Ontario was a British colony known as Upper Canada. The fort was constructed on the high ground of Point Henry to protect the Kingston Royal Naval Dockyard (the site of the present-day Royal Military College of Canada) from a possible United States attack. The fort also monitored maritime traffic on the St. Lawrence River and Lake Ontario, as the loss of this vital shipping route would have cut off supplies to Kingston and the rest of Upper Canada.

Fort Henry, Kingston, Ontario - Aerial DJI Phantom session (3 min 3 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2014, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos
There is modes where live out is not supported like in 2.7k for example
Yes, but what about Photo or Time Lapse mode. They used to work and now they don't.

Has something changed and what are you guys using for a work around?
Sep 21, 2014, 12:08 AM
I did a search for 5.4mm lens in this thread and there is none. Nobody here use them?
Sep 21, 2014, 02:01 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymrunner
I did a search for 5.4mm lens in this thread and there is none. Nobody here use them?
Why "this"?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2057642
Sep 28, 2014, 07:11 AM
Cape Cod
Yes, there is an entire thread devoted to the lens.
Sep 29, 2014, 10:41 AM
aka Helidaho
Woohoo Hero 4 available October 5th!!! $499... DOah!
Dec 30, 2014, 07:52 PM
Anybody else having the analogic video output stopping at 0 degrees (celsius) in this period? Tried with several cameras (but the same cable). OSD, etc works fine. But when I bring everything out for a long period the video output stops working. Weird.
Apr 29, 2015, 01:46 PM
This is an old thread, and I have nothing to do but complain, but I really, really wish that I had tested this camera (Hero 3 White) against my $65 knock-off of a knock-off fake SJ4000 (yes, not even a real SJCam) before the 30 day period was up. I don't even need to label which one is which. Yes, that bright, beautiful, crisp picture is from the knock off. And yes, that dull, dingy,yellowed out blurry mess is from the $200 GoPro. These are screenshots of a video, both in 1080p / 30. Kicking myself really hard right now. Should have got the newer SJ that has the ability to do video out (mine is the first generation that does not). Much nicer video.

Apr 29, 2015, 02:11 PM
@TedStriker, do you have ProTune on? ProTune will mute the colors. YOu generally take protune video and color correct in post production, since you can do more with it on a computer than a camera can do with onboard processing......
May 19, 2015, 07:40 AM
Cape Cod
I am doing AP from a Phantom 2 with my 3+ Black. I am interested in stills as I do waterfront home photography.

Its not a problem so much as I don't quite understand why the difference.

I had normally shot 1440/24 plus ,12mp stills every 5 sec, at the same time so as to have a video as well as the hi res stills.
According to the manual 12mp stills and 1440/24 can be shot at the same time and indeed I did for a while.
Then I tried just stills with no video and lo and behold the stills seemed to look better and I realized the file size was just about twice as large for the same shot.
A vid+still had a still size of 2.4mp lets say but the same shot, just shooting stills, is 5.0mp. The difference is in the "Compressed bits/pixel ratio which is like 3.4 for the still alone but 1.3 or so for the still and video.
I tried to call GP twice but had very extended wait times.

Anyone here able to explain this I would be very grateful.

Tom

Tom
Jan 21, 2016, 12:39 PM
I COLLECT flyaway&lost drones!
hi ppl,

just wanted to go for sure:

I have gopro 3 PLUS black.

please tell me this is good for it, to have AV out?

what other good tips or warnings do you have for using this gopro camera to slow, easy FPV flying with a quadrocopter?

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=55297
Jan 21, 2016, 01:11 PM
Yes that cable should work fine for A/V out.

Quick Reply