Nov 13, 2012, 01:09 PM
Videopilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpy07
Nothing stopping you.. if you have one make senses..

However MinimOSD and attopilot is a cheap combination.. and integrates with Arducopter.. including the GCS.. so you loose a lot of functionality with a seperate OSD..
, No, I dont want to use the whole OSD, only the current sensor since I have that already. it is like this one:

to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2012, 02:33 PM
That looks like an Attopilot. What exactly is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_S
, No, I dont want to use the whole OSD, only the current sensor since I have that already. it is like this one:

Nov 13, 2012, 03:14 PM
Videopilot
It is a skylark FPV Tiny OSD
Nov 13, 2012, 05:06 PM
Always learning..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_S

I guess you could get it to work.. depending on the output voltage from the shunt.. but ArduCopter is allready configured for the Attopilot.. you would need to be careful that the voltage from the shunt didnt exceed safe levels for the APM 2.5 and you would need to edit the code in Arduino to get the amps rights for the voltage measure.. ie: calibration....a lot of grief if you ask me.. .. I am a great advocate for the KISS principle..

3DR are about to release a new voltage/amps bridge from what I have read btw.
Nov 13, 2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Should work ok, the Crius extend board connector extends S1, S2 & S3 to the board... you will to make a cable from the serial on the Telemetry Port and the Serial from the GPS port on the APM to the extend port.. (S2 GPS and S3 Telemetry)
I got the APM2.5 board today and currently deciding on exactly how to hook up the crius extend board to the APM2.5 board. Before I start cutting the connector harness, I would like a suggestion on which APM2.5 port should I use to power the extend board, since the GPS port or the 3DR port will provide +5V?

Also, I have an xbee adapter like the one in the picture, should I just use the adapter to connect to the 3DR port instead of combining the two ports into one plug for the extend board?
Nov 14, 2012, 07:09 AM
Always learning..
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySuave
I got the APM2.5 board today and currently deciding on exactly how to hook up the crius extend board to the APM2.5 board. Before I start cutting the connector harness, I would like a suggestion on which APM2.5 port should I use to power the extend board, since the GPS port or the 3DR port will provide +5V?

Also, I have an xbee adapter like the one in the picture, should I just use the adapter to connect to the 3DR port instead of combining the two ports into one plug for the extend board?
The Crius extend board uses the cable from the S1, S2 and S3, the GPS is on the S2 port, the Xbee pins use the S3 Port.

The APM 2.5 has one telemetry port, one GPS port.. there are other I/O ports but haven't used them.

So the cable will need to connect S3 from the extend board to the Telemetry port on APM.... and S2 on the extend board to the GPS Port on the APM.

Both ports have 5V supply.. so either one will be fine. (Xbee tends to use 3.3v which is supplied by the regulator on the Crius Extend board btw).
Nov 14, 2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
The Crius extend board uses the cable from the S1, S2 and S3, the GPS is on the S2 port, the Xbee pins use the S3 Port.

The APM 2.5 has one telemetry port, one GPS port.. there are other I/O ports but haven't used them.

So the cable will need to connect S3 from the extend board to the Telemetry port on APM.... and S2 on the extend board to the GPS Port on the APM.

Both ports have 5V supply.. so either one will be fine. (Xbee tends to use 3.3v which is supplied by the regulator on the Crius Extend board btw).
Is there a chart showing the pin out definitions for the APM2.5 telemetry and GPS ports?
Nov 14, 2012, 04:43 PM
Always learning..
Quote:
Is there a chart showing the pin out definitions for the APM2.5 telemetry and GPS ports?
Found this.. might help..
Nov 14, 2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Found this.. might help..
I looked at this before but the connector labels are kind of confusing. Well, based on process of elimination, the 5 pin connectors are for GPS and telemetry, and the 4th pin is not used which makes sense because all the other boards use 4 pins for GPS and telemetry. I will go with that and see what happens.
Nov 14, 2012, 05:05 PM
Always learning..
Quote:
I looked at this before but the connector labels are kind of confusing. Well, based on process of elimination, the 5 pin connectors are for GPS and telemetry, and the 4th pin is not used which makes sense because all the other boards use 4 pins for GPS and telemetry. I will go with that and see what happens.
Yeah just been checking my RCtimer board, and this does not seem to be the same.... this is how my GPS is currently wired and working.. (first version of board)

Would be good to double check the latest versions that come with the double ended cable.. if the diagram I posted for the APM 2.5 is right.. then the Rctimer port pin outs look different.. can anyone else confirm ?.. I don't have a genuine board to check..
Nov 14, 2012, 07:35 PM
Rctimer website is down.
Attack or out of business?

Geotete
Nov 14, 2012, 07:48 PM
Lt Col, USAF, Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotete
Rctimer website is down.
Attack or out of business?

Geotete
It was down for several hours last night. Maintenance.
Nov 14, 2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10kevin
It was down for several hours last night. Maintenance.
It was down last week also.
Nov 15, 2012, 02:17 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Quote:
The wiki works for me:

http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/...board_Overview

http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/APM2RC

Kev
Nov 15, 2012, 02:18 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas
It was down last week also.
Still down.

Quick Reply