Mediocre Pilot Extraordinaire
FC: http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...ontroller.html
GPS: http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...backplane.html

Thank you jabram.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2012, 07:54 PM
It's Just a Hobby!

OK Here Weego!

I have the board and the GPS on a back plate (homemade) mounted temporarily on the frame. I am going to page one and following the instructions. This board came from Hobby King and I just got it within the last month.

Sudsy
Dec 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
Thread OP
Thanks, that avoids any possible confusion, the whitespy board you linked to is exactly 100% the same as the Hobby King Mega, so instructions apply 100%

The GPS uses the same module as the CN-06 V2 that I refer to in the instructions.

With that GPS - DO NOT LOAD MULTIWII - in order to set up GPS as that does NOT work with ublox GPS.

I don't know what default setting withespy ships his ublox GPS with, so first of all just connect it and see if it works, do that outside and wait a good while before deciding it doesn't work, say 20 minutes.

If you want to be certain that the GPS is set up optimally scroll down toward the end of the instructions in the first post and follow the instructions to load 3dr txt.

EDIT: I just read more information on whitespy website, he sets up the GPS to 115K and 5Hz, which is intended for Multiwii, with MP NG just go ahead and follow the instructions to load 3DR txt which will set up the ublox GPS optimally for MP NG at 38400 baud and 4Hz.
Last edited by jabram; Dec 13, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
Dec 13, 2012, 08:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy
I have the board and the GPS on a back plate (homemade) mounted temporarily on the frame. I am going to page one and following the instructions. This board came from Hobby King and I just got it within the last month.

Sudsy
Well, finally you can have some fun
Dec 13, 2012, 08:30 PM
It's Just a Hobby!

Sorry But I give Up.

I am just going to fly my now 5 quads with the KK v3 boards and the KK2s with 1.2 and FLY!

I am sorry but I guess I am just not cut out for all of the flashing and firmware BS.

I am going to quit following these threads and spend more time in the air.

Maybe I'll visit and post some of my stuff captured with a system that cost less than $200 excluding the TX.

Sudsy
Dec 13, 2012, 09:06 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy
Maybe I'll visit and post some of my stuff captured with a system that cost less than $200 excluding the TX.
Looking forward to seeing that.
Dec 14, 2012, 12:06 AM
5th
5th
Mediocre Pilot Extraordinaire
Thank you, Jabram. That is great news.
Dec 14, 2012, 08:53 AM

Mega pirate board on Sat receiver wih cmposit signal

Hi Friends,
I've got myself the Chinese Mega Pirate board with the Atmega 2560 controller .. How can I get a satellite receiver with composit signal to connect this board=
Probably on RxD pin of the controller?
The software will need to be adapted, but who can give me there to help?

Thank you Jan. NL
Dec 14, 2012, 08:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Heinen
Hi Friends,
I've got myself the Chinese Mega Pirate board with the Atmega 2560 controller .. How can I get a satellite receiver with composit signal to connect this board=
Probably on RxD pin of the controller?
The software will need to be adapted, but who can give me there to help?

Thank you Jan. NL
Hi Jan,

There are many different Mega boards, we need to know what you have in order to help you.

Can you post a link to the exact Mega board you purchased.

Satellite receiver, I think you mean a GPS

Can you also post a link to the exact GPS you intend to use

Joe
Dec 14, 2012, 10:47 AM

Jeti sat composit receiver on the Mega pirate board

Hi Joe,
I have the CRIUS all in pro v 1.o from Hobby King. Here in Europe we use a lot of the Jeti satellite recievers in Mikrokopters.from Germany
The composit signal is connected with one wire at pin RxD of the Atmega controller.
This must surely also on the Mega Pirate Board?

www.mikrokopter.de then go to- shop - Jeti sat receivers

Regards Jan
Dec 14, 2012, 10:54 AM
Do you have the link to the hobbyking Cruis AIOP?
Dec 14, 2012, 11:34 AM

Sat receiver whit coder signal on the Mega pirate

Hi Joe,

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ega_2560_.html
Dec 14, 2012, 12:12 PM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Jan,
This is the thread you're looking for. -> https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1677726
Jumpy07 made a good guide there for the Crius AIOP, which should work for the board you have.
Guide -> https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=432794

/J
Dec 14, 2012, 03:28 PM
Jabram:
I am reading your instruction to set up the mega board. you mentioned using 3 lead plug into the A8 ch and the other end goes to the rx Yaw/rudder ch. and the rest just need signal wire to each ch. But the board connection scheme said A8 is throttle while A11 is yaw/rudder ch. Am I missing something here?
I am new to multiwii.
Dec 14, 2012, 04:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos0306
Jabram:
I am reading your instruction to set up the mega board. you mentioned using 3 lead plug into the A8 ch and the other end goes to the rx Yaw/rudder ch. and the rest just need signal wire to each ch. But the board connection scheme said A8 is throttle while A11 is yaw/rudder ch. Am I missing something here?
I am new to multiwii.
Well spotted, thank you.

That was a mistake which has escaped so far, fixed now thanks to you
Quote:
One 3 lead cable cable you connect to A8 on the board, other end of that cable goes to your Receiver Throttle. That cable connects Throttle from your Receiver and also connects GND and 5v to power your Receiver.

The other 3 lead cables you connect in a straight line along the length of the inner side of J1 pins so that;
the first cable connects to A9,
second cable to A10,
third cable to A11
and connect the single cables to your receiver.

If you need to re arrange any cables at your receiver end you can use a sharp knife to lift the plastic tab [gently, don't break it off] on the cable header pull the cable out and swap it to another location.

Quick Reply