Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 22, 2012, 11:50 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
JNJO's Avatar
@Joe,
Thanks, I already have one of those. And yes, they are bloody loud.

My main reasons for monitoring the voltage Is to see it live in APM (Fairly useless, but fun.) and to se if I can get the software to switch RTL when the voltage drops below a given level.

Flew a long loiter test this evening, but the video turned out to dark.
I'm getting there.....

/J
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2012, 03:21 PM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
JNJO's Avatar

Level tuning with stick only.


Stumbled on an "undocumented?" feature in the DIYd-forums

Holding Disarm (Thr. down, Yaw left) for ~10 seconds will calibrate level.
Holding Arm (Thr. down, Yaw right) for ~20 seconds will enter level tuning for ~25 seconds and then time-out to normal flight mode.
Both are indicated by flashing LED 1 and 3.

The idea is to calibrate level, then enter level tuning, take off, keep it level with stick inputs for >25 seconds, land, disarm to save values.
Viola, calibrated stab. mode.

I haven't tried this live, but it looks right on the artificial horizon in APM.

/J
Oct 22, 2012, 03:52 PM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNJO
Holding Arm (Thr. down, Yaw right) for ~20 seconds will enter level tuning for ~25 seconds and then time-out to normal flight mode.
Both are indicated by flashing LED 1 and 3.

The idea is to calibrate level, then enter level tuning, take off, keep it level with stick inputs for >25 seconds, land, disarm to save values.
Viola, calibrated stab. mode.
Warn! Do not do it in windy environment.
Oct 22, 2012, 10:52 PM
Posting, but should be working
furyphoto's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram
@/J
I guess until HobbyKing make more of these boards this is going to be a lonely place :-)
We are watching though, and waiting. (trying to do so patiently!)
Oct 23, 2012, 12:30 AM
Registered User
Waiting for HobbyKing , I have one on backorder
Oct 23, 2012, 12:33 AM
we dont NEED roads!
AcroFPV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASKYCAM
Waiting for HobbyKing , I have one on backorder
Me too.

Im getting tired of waiting.
Oct 23, 2012, 04:05 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
JNJO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex
Warn! Do not do it in windy environment.
Thanks for the warning.
This evening looks good on the weather report.

/J
Oct 23, 2012, 03:25 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASKYCAM
Waiting for HobbyKing , I have one on backorder
Back in stock :

MultiWii PRO 2.0 Flight Controller

No. Not at hobbyking. New 2.0 board. All new. Super Clean layout.

• SMD component design with Atmega2560
ITG3205 Triple Axis Gyro
BMA180 Accelerometer ------> MPU6050 Triple Axis Gyro/Accelerometer
BMP085 Barometer ------> MS5611 Barometer
• HMC5883L Magnetometer ------> HMC5883L Magnetometer

Buy: http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...ontroller.html

Gps units are delayed for 1 week. They should be in my hands next Wednesday. (cross-fingers) .

Last edited by witespy; Oct 23, 2012 at 07:50 PM.
Oct 23, 2012, 03:34 PM
Registered User
double post . sorry! did not see it post until it reloaded the page/.
Oct 23, 2012, 03:51 PM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
JNJO's Avatar
Hmm... another interesting problem.
In the mission planner, on the satellite view, there is an orange line that shows bearing to next waypoint.
I have the damndest error on that one;
If I set a waypoint between 0 and 90 degrees from the copter, the line is ~15 degrees to the right of where it should be. The same if the waypoint is set between 180 and 270 degrees.
Funnily enough; If the waypoint is between 90 and 180, or 270 and 360, the line is ~15 degrees to the left.

To make it even funnier; If I set a waypoint at more or less precisely at 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees the line points where it should.

I wish it was only a presentation error in APM, but I took the copter out on an unusually calm football field, and switched on auto. The copter followed the orange bearing line very nicely, but of course failed to reach the waypoint.

Running MPNG 2.7r4.
Compass is on true headings, EEPROM has been erased, and MPNG uploaded again. Still the same behaviour.
Anybody saw this, or have any ideas?

Pictures below to show what I see.

EDIT: Found a temporary fix. See post #50
Last edited by JNJO; Oct 25, 2012 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Found a temporary fix.
Oct 23, 2012, 04:05 PM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
JNJO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy
Back in stock :
MultiWii PRO 2.0 Flight Controller
And I just ordered a Crius AIO.....
Oct 23, 2012, 05:26 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
TheFernMan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy
Back in stock :

MultiWii PRO 2.0 Flight Controller

No. Not at hobbyking. New 2.0 board. All new. Super Clean layout.

SMD component design with Atmega2560
ITG3205 Triple Axis Gyro
BMA180 Accelerometer ------> MPU6050 Triple Axis Gyro/Accelerometer
BMP085 Barometer ------> MS5611 Barometer
HMC5883L Magnetometer ------> HMC5883L Magnetometer

Buy: http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...ontroller.html

Gps units are delayed for 1 week. They should be in my hands next Wednesday. (cross-fingers) . If you buy a board, GPS to make it a pair for 45$

The site says $50?

Board plus gps for $45??
Oct 23, 2012, 06:38 PM
Registered User
Very confusing, that site says the MTK3329 GPS is INCLUDED

Or am I reading it incorrectly?

Quote:
• Supports direct connection of GPS module (MTK 3329 GPS module included)
It says $50 but does it in fact include the GPS ?

Maybe he means buy the board for $50 and the GPS is an extra $45 -> total $95

Ok, so there is a super clean layout.

But a LOT is missing !!

1. - The original board had TWO separate I2C headers, one for 5v and one for 3.3V with level converters for I2C SCL and SDA, this board only supports 5V I2C.

2. - Looks like the 3.3V voltage regulator is MISSING.

3. - Also the RESET button is missing, so if you break the USB socket and wish to upload code using J2 you cant because you have no control over reset.

4. - The USB socket is worse than the one on the original board, this one is only soldered by 2 side tabs, much easier to break off than original which has 2 side tabs and also soldered at 2 rear corners of USB socket. Although, hard to tell in the photo, hopefully they used USB socket with tabs that go through holes in the board and are soldered on both sides, that would be much better than original socket.

Would have been MUCH BETTER to forget the Super Clean layout and simply change the sensors


Can we PLEASE!!! have a schematic, NO NOT THE PICTURE OF THE BOARD WITH THE HEADERS LABELLED, a REAL full electronic schematic that actually matches this revision of the PCB showing how everything on the board is wired particularly the power supply and the voltage regulators. I see a lot of new diodes, looks like the power supply arrangement is very much altered from the original board, show us the schematic.

I suspect this is why HK have a delay in stocking this board. I hope they get it right, wishful thinking.

Bit of a let down really :-(

Here is the original USB socket, 2 side tabs plus soldered rear corners
Last edited by jabram; Oct 23, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
Oct 23, 2012, 06:44 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNJO
Hmm... another interesting problem.
In the mission planner, on the satellite view, there is an orange line that shows bearing to next waypoint.
I have the damndest error on that one;
If I set a waypoint between 0 and 90 degrees from the copter, the line is ~15 degrees to the right of where it should be. The same if the waypoint is set between 180 and 270 degrees.
Funnily enough; If the waypoint is between 90 and 180, or 270 and 360, the line is ~15 degrees to the left.

To make it even funnier; If I set a waypoint at more or less precisely at 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees the line points where it should.

I wish it was only a presentation error in APM, but I took the copter out on an unusually calm football field, and switched on auto. The copter followed the orange bearing line very nicely, but of course failed to reach the waypoint.

Running MPNG 2.7r4.
Compass is on true headings, EEPROM has been erased, and MPNG uploaded again. Still the same behaviour.
Anybody saw this, or have any ideas?

Pictures below to show what I see.
Perhaps Sir Alex can answer that question.

Just to rule it out,

have you calibrated the magnetometer, you know rotating the board at least once around all 3 axis ?

Have you set Magnetic Declination ? actually typed in a value for Magnetic declination? or did you let it learn as it goes ?
Oct 23, 2012, 07:47 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram
Very confusing, that site says the MTK3329 GPS is INCLUDED

Or am I reading it incorrectly?
Sorry. I did want to sell them as a pair, but the GPS unit got delayed. I changed the price, but forgot to change the other part

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram
1. - The original board had TWO separate I2C headers, one for 5v and one for 3.3V with level converters for I2C SCL and SDA, this board only supports 5V I2C.

2. - Looks like the 3.3V voltage regulator is MISSING.

The MWC 2.0 uses 3.3v output from CP2102, CP2102 supports 100ma 3.3v ouput, it should be enough for all sensors. I think the engineers said something like they have never seen anybody use that so they left it off.

I am not super familiar with that firmware but you should be able to download the program via J2, it has DTR pin that you should never need press the reset button.

I am going to talk to them and see if they can add that on. I also have 1.0 boards coming on Wednesday too. Those have the old sensors and the exact same layout . But I do really like the MPU6050 feels.
Last edited by witespy; Oct 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion [UNOFFICIAL] New HobbyKing MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module benybee UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 418 Nov 20, 2015 07:32 PM
Help! PROBLEM on Crius AIO Pro Y6 With MegaPirate NG 2.7 R4. RQuad Multirotor Drone Electronics 3 Jan 22, 2013 12:13 AM
Found MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module Koo Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 4 Oct 10, 2012 11:47 PM
Yippee! New AirStudio universal Flight Controller for Mega Pirate NG and MultiWii AirCopter Multirotor Drone Electronics 44 Sep 10, 2012 04:56 AM