Nov 07, 2012, 06:11 PM
sorry for the delay. The storm put a delay on all the shipments. They are just now started to get up to speed.

MultiWii PRO Flight Controller's are in stock

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...ontroller.html

to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2012, 08:36 PM
Thread OP
Thanks whitespy, progress at last, this is the same board as the original HK Mega Flight Controller [FC] which is what this thread is all about we are back on topic..

No more excuses why we shouldn't have lot more people happily flying this excellent FC with MP NG firmware.

While you have been waiting for storms, I have been distracted spending money and wasting time testing some 32 bit FC and this may surprise you, I am back to using my HK Mega. All the 32 bit FC I tested are rough quick ports of 8 bit FC firmware to 32 bit adding no real improvement and introducing a lot of bugs and breaking a lot of features that worked on the 8 bit FC they ported.

Strange thing which I was not expecting is that the CRIUS AIOP V1 which uses the newer sensors does not seem to work as well as this FC, I don't know why, maybe I have a CRIUS AIOP V1 with faulty sensors, or maybe MP NG handles the old sensors better, I simply don't know, I do know that my CRIUS AIOP V1 is not as stable on my HexX which has almost no vibration. For me right now this 2560 Mega FC with MP NG is it.

My current HexX with HK Mega FC with CRIUS CN-06 V2 u-blox NEO-6M GPS with unetched PCB Ground Plane

EDIT:
I see you have a drop down option for headers,
you may want to somehow make that more obvious, a lot of people may miss ordering headers and be disappointing when they receive the FC and then have to endure a further delay waiting for headers. just my 2 cents.
Last edited by jabram; Nov 07, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
Nov 07, 2012, 09:46 PM
Disturbed, but in a good way.
Hi witespy,
I was just reading the description of this board on your site following the link you posted and am a little confused.
On the third line it mentions that the package includes a MTK 3329 GPS module.
But further down in the features it says that it doesnt include the GPS.

I am assuming its a typo. You might want to fix that.
Nov 07, 2012, 09:49 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoGoat
Hi witespy,
I was just reading the description of this board on your site following the link you posted and am a little confused.

You're reading from the $39 board? Then it's right. No gps included in that price.
Nov 07, 2012, 09:51 PM
Yup little typo. But you get the point
Nov 07, 2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoGoat
Hi witespy,

10/4. I will fix this. thank you, missed it
Nov 08, 2012, 07:41 AM
So whitespy is back onboard after all.....so when are the new 2.5 mega board going to be available at the HK store...or is it that we have to exclusively order from your site....and are the old original mega 1.0 board gonna be back in stock at the HK store...
Nov 08, 2012, 11:24 AM
we dont NEED roads!
Ok well I just cancelled my HK order. So that means they will most likely get these in stock tomorrow.

It will take 7 days for me to get my $$$ back, hopefully by then i will have an extra $20 to add, and i can buy the whitespy combo. If there are any left next week.
Nov 08, 2012, 09:24 PM
sorry subaru4wd. making me sad

How about this...

I will send you a mega/GPS combo now if you pinky promise to pay me later.

let me know....
Nov 08, 2012, 09:55 PM
@witespy do you have an ETA on those 2.5 mega boards. I wanted to buy the flip board and the newer mega board and save on shipping. But if it's gonna be awhile then I'll buy the Flip board sooner before they sell out. Let me know
Nov 08, 2012, 10:04 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy
sorry subaru4wd. Making me sad

how about this...

I will send you a mega/gps combo now if you pinky promise to pay me later.

Let me know....
i pinky promise!!
Nov 08, 2012, 11:35 PM
email me your adress. and what board ver. you want . and gps or not

[email protected]
Nov 09, 2012, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan
@witespy do you have an ETA on those 2.5 mega boards. I wanted to buy the flip board and the newer mega board and save on shipping. But if it's gonna be awhile then I'll buy the Flip board sooner before they sell out. Let me know
....give it until the end of the month.

If you order A flip now I will refund your shipping. Just note your user name in the paypal notes section. or email me and ill send you a flip and just pay for both at the end of the month . whatever you feel comfortable with
Nov 09, 2012, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter
So whitespy is back onboard after all.....so when are the new 2.5 mega board going to be available at the HK store...or is it that we have to exclusively order from your site....and are the old original mega 1.0 board gonna be back in stock at the HK store...
Something Wrong With this question whitespy.????....please reply.....
Nov 09, 2012, 04:09 AM
Hey jabram I just had this pestering question about the 3dr telemetry radio at the back of my head but since you have it on your copter I wanted to ask you how much range is expected out of that small package and if I buy the 433mhz because GSM operators use the 900Mhz band in my country....will that antenna suffice for long distance like about a mile...I have this doubt because that small dipole antenna has been proven to lead to problem stemming from multipathing and shadowing....which results in a less reliable radio link..so what is the range(my field is completey out of the city with a clean ground having almost 1.8 kms diameter)....and also.. will putting a circular polarised DIY antenna improve performance?? ...I know that the antenna will be huge if I try to make it for a 433Mhz radio..but still I am concerned for the 3DR because if I decide to go in for an auto mission and my mission planner stops responding then I will be really screwed up.....if I am lucky and the tuning on the copter is correct and the gps is working perfectly it will follow my designated flight path and return to me...but if it does not then...(what are the odds??).....and is there a built in fail safe which asks the auto pilot to take over and return home if the Rc radio link is lost....not one but many questions.... but all are regarding the reliablitiy of the radio link and the capability of this board and the MPNG software to cope with such problems.......

Quick Reply