Jul 17, 2013, 12:29 PM
Official Stupid Question Asker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub Man
Anyone know where I can get the Ardunio, I can not get any of the versions to download, I have tried 1.0 thru 1.5
http://arduino.cc/en/main/software

works fine I just downloaded 1.0.5 and 1.5.2
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2013, 09:11 PM
Relax, waypoints/missions will be in the next version on MW with the EOSBandi GUI. A little birdie told me this.
Jul 17, 2013, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro 2
Relax, waypoints/missions will be in the next version on MW with the EOSBandi GUI. A little birdie told me this.
2.3 already has much of it done. But Multi Screen Color OSD HW looks interesting
Jul 17, 2013, 11:44 PM

3dr and Barometer ????

Can any one tell me why when I use the usb connection I can see altitude from the barometer but when I use 3dr every thing works fine except I don't see any activity from the barometer?
It reads zero
Thanks
Jul 18, 2013, 01:15 AM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
WOW!!! This HK MultiWii board is AWESOME!!! I've been flying my Talon frame for several weeks and was very pleasantly surprised at how well it handles wind. It's VERY windy here! I just mounted up my video gear today and had one test flight at night. Videos loading
Jul 18, 2013, 10:03 AM
Ok guys’ I’m getting my feet wet with building a quad. I’m an IT guy so I know a little about programming, but not much. I have the board MultiWii Mega Board along with the NEO-6M GPS setup. I’m working in my office with it now so I know the GPS will not lock in with me under a metal roof. I have downloaded the MegaPirateNG 2.8 R3 (ArduCopter 2.8.1a) code, changed the few items that are listed on the front page of this form. Currently have the board not attached to anything except USB and laying on my desk. When connected the GPS light is solid red and on the board I have LED 1 and 2 flashing. I open up mission planner 1.2.60 nav 1.0 and connect. Inflight data the ball at the top is moving, I see the horizon moving up and down, banking right and left, and the compass is spinning clockwise. It has the word disarmed in the middle. Just trying to get the card programmed before my used frame comes in.

So I ran outside at lunch and was able to lock in with GPS and pull up my location in the map.

All I need now is to know whay is up with the gyro.....
Last edited by Cub Man; Jul 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM.
Jul 18, 2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Ok guysí Iím getting my feet wet with building a quad. Iím an IT guy so I know a little about programming, but not much. I have the board MultiWii Mega Board along with the NEO-6M GPS setup. Iím working in my office with it now so I know the GPS will not lock in with me under a metal roof. I have downloaded the MegaPirateNG 2.8 R3 (ArduCopter 2.8.1a) code, changed the few items that are listed on the front page of this form. Currently have the board not attached to anything except USB and laying on my desk. When connected the GPS light is solid red and on the board I have LED 1 and 2 flashing. I open up mission planner 1.2.60 nav 1.0 and connect. Inflight data the ball at the top is moving, I see the horizon moving up and down, banking right and left, and the compass is spinning clockwise. It has the word disarmed in the middle. Just trying to get the card programmed before my used frame comes in.

So I ran outside at lunch and was able to lock in with GPS and pull up my location in the map.

All I need now is to know whay is up with the gyro.....
ummm top of the board is "up" and front is where the arrow on the board points.
Jul 18, 2013, 12:23 PM
I know about the arrow on the board pointing to the front and stuff, but with the board connected to usb cable laying on my desk, why is it that it looks like it is moving around according to the readings on mission planner
Jul 18, 2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
I know about the arrow on the board pointing to the front and stuff, but with the board connected to usb cable laying on my desk, why is it that it looks like it is moving around according to the readings on mission planner
They all do that. Those little mems sensors are REALLY REALLY sensitive. Also cover your baro [the little silver looking thing] with foam [read up in the forums about that], All my boards do it, and though I don't use MP [because I can never get everything working with my crius/gps] MultiWii GUI shows the exact same thing. Everything but the gyro moves around no matter how still it looks to your eyes.
Jul 19, 2013, 05:31 AM
GSD
GSD
Productions
any thoughts on how to 'adapt' latest version 3.0.1 to run on this board?
Jul 19, 2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD
any thoughts on how to 'adapt' latest version 3.0.1 to run on this board?
There is no 3.0.1 MegaPirateNG so you must mean ArduCopter and it currently IS being ported [https://code.google.com/p/megapirateng/ ]

Current project status
Porting AC3.0 - In progress

. But unless you are a programmer [and if you are I am sure the team that is doing the porting can use your help] you're NOT going to just take the current code and make it work on this or ANY board for that matter. It's not just a matter of changing a few lines of code.
Jul 19, 2013, 06:06 AM
GSD
GSD
Productions
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestor
There is no 3.0.1 MegaPirateNG so you must mean ArduCopter and it currently IS being ported [https://code.google.com/p/megapirateng/ ]

Current project status
Porting AC3.0 - In progress

. But unless you are a programmer [and if you are I am sure the team that is doing the porting can use your help] you're NOT going to just take the current code and make it work on this or ANY board for that matter. It's not just a matter of changing a few lines of code.
Thanks! you are right... so we will have to wait. No unfortunatelly i am not a programmer but i am planning to learn some things on these projects! So a cording to this thread is it restricted on 2.7MP or can applied to the latest 2.8 also? i have the exact board mentioned here... although multiwii flies really good, i miss waypoints!
Jul 19, 2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD
Thanks! you are right... so we will have to wait. No unfortunatelly i am not a programmer but i am planning to learn some things on these projects! So a cording to this thread is it restricted on 2.7MP or can applied to the latest 2.8 also? i have the exact board mentioned here... although multiwii flies really good, i miss waypoints!
It's not restricted at all and many people are running 2.9+ but since 2.9 and higher are considered alpha/betas it's harder to figure out the issues is all.
Jul 19, 2013, 01:17 PM
GSD
GSD
Productions
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestor
It's not restricted at all and many people are running 2.9+ but since 2.9 and higher are considered alpha/betas it's harder to figure out the issues is all.
thanks! just reloaded 2.8 with MissionPlanner 1.2.46 and worked fine!... with latest version of MissionPlanner 1.2.60 had some errors and not altitude indication.. But till now and after many hours of adjusting, although it has pretty stable flight it's no way compared to my other quad with Crius v2 and multiwii on it!!!... Its like a flying rock!!! This one always seems some kind of 'loose' even the ability to keep position or RTL under heavy winds and fly stable on stabilize... I see different operation especially for I parameters...... anyway.. tests will show!... thanks!
Jul 19, 2013, 09:17 PM

Unstable in descents...

Hi friends, I have my hexa with overall good and stable flying, running MPNG 2.8r3 EXEPT when in descents... it wobbles and shakes that seems to flip over... Anybody knows what PIDs to adjust to tame or solve this bad behavior? Thanks!!

Quick Reply