Nov 24, 2012, 06:36 PM
Nice work, looks amazing Dag

Cheers
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2012, 08:39 PM
Electric Sound Guy
Dag,
Your work is astounding. Those speakers and amp that you have in the nose are gonna make the sound system COOK!! I know because I've played the sound board through my surround sound at home.
Reddog
Nov 24, 2012, 11:37 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Fantastic as always; I cannot wait to see this baby at SEFF!

Those wheel pants came out great! HUGE!
Nov 26, 2012, 04:17 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogsr
Dag,
Your work is astounding. Those speakers and amp that you have in the nose are gonna make the sound system COOK!! I know because I've played the sound board through my surround sound at home.
Reddog
Yes it well

Looks like things are going to happen a bit faster. I got a ton done over the weekend and I am going to need to get all the wiring installed soon.

DAG
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeuce
Nice work, looks amazing Dag

Cheers
Thanks!!

DAG
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman
Fantastic as always; I cannot wait to see this baby at SEFF!

Those wheel pants came out great! HUGE!
I wish I could have found wheels that are just a bit bigger, but no luck.

Thanks, DAG
Nov 26, 2012, 05:24 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
How big do you want....I know of some that are big but pretty expensive (about $79.95 per wheel)...but I would have to find the link...

Edit...check this page for links...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Nov 27, 2012, 10:13 AM
Hi Dag: SDS Hobbies carries the same wheels up to 8.5", but theres a problem! The price is outlandish!!
I have purchased the exact same wheels in 5" from HobbyKing at $12/pr. SDS is asking almost $22each for the same set. Unfortunately HK doesn't carry any bigger in this model.
Caviat emptour, I suppose. A little research might reveal the actual mfg, so far I've had no luck. Doug B
Dec 10, 2012, 01:00 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
I am sure that Dag will be back soon. His work schedule has been, what I would call nasty, then science projects for his project manager, Emma.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Dec 11, 2012, 06:46 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Bartley
Hi Dag: SDS Hobbies carries the same wheels up to 8.5", but theres a problem! The price is outlandish!!
I have purchased the exact same wheels in 5" from HobbyKing at $12/pr. SDS is asking almost $22each for the same set. Unfortunately HK doesn't carry any bigger in this model.
Caviat emptour, I suppose. A little research might reveal the actual mfg, so far I've had no luck. Doug B
The wheels on the plane now are 6", just wish I had 10". 8.5" would not have really made much of a difference

Thanks Buddy.

DAG
Dec 11, 2012, 06:48 AM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead
I am sure that Dag will be back soon. His work schedule has been, what I would call nasty, then science projects for his project manager, Emma.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Spot on right.

Starting a new company up, My girls projects, and all kinds of wild things.

DAG
Dec 13, 2012, 01:00 AM
I don't do Normal
Vary Perdy!!!!
For 10" wheels I keep thinking a wheel barrow wheel or cart would work if you could find a light one that would almost look right and fix it up
Dec 13, 2012, 05:54 AM
For something that big, in order to be light, you almost need to make your own. There are a lot of "how-to" articles out there, using line for spokes and tubing (radiator hose for something this big?) for the tires. I know Dag would have the skill, my guess is the real problem is finding the time...Pete M
Dec 13, 2012, 06:08 AM

Wheels

Was poking around for some wheels and spotted these 9.33" @ $70 a pair. I have to say that the description doesn't fill me with confidence that they'll be up to the job and I can't vouch for the reliability of the retailer, but I thought I might as well post them up anyway.
Dec 13, 2012, 07:02 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twaddle
Was poking around for some wheels and spotted these 9.33" @ $70 a pair. I have to say that the description doesn't fill me with confidence that they'll be up to the job and I can't vouch for the reliability of the retailer, but I thought I might as well post them up anyway.
That would be these:

http://shop.dubro.com/p/vintage-whee...ls?pp=12&pp=12

May give a better description.

- Birger