Thread Tools
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:36 PM
thedeuce is offline
Find More Posts by thedeuce
Registered User
thedeuce's Avatar
Nice work, looks amazing Dag

Cheers
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:39 PM
reddogsr is offline
Find More Posts by reddogsr
Electric Sound Guy
reddogsr's Avatar
Dag,
Your work is astounding. Those speakers and amp that you have in the nose are gonna make the sound system COOK!! I know because I've played the sound board through my surround sound at home.
Reddog
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:37 AM
Vapor Trails is online now
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Vapor Trails's Avatar
Fantastic as always; I cannot wait to see this baby at SEFF!

Those wheel pants came out great! HUGE!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Please kill isis
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:17 AM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogsr View Post
Dag,
Your work is astounding. Those speakers and amp that you have in the nose are gonna make the sound system COOK!! I know because I've played the sound board through my surround sound at home.
Reddog
Yes it well

Looks like things are going to happen a bit faster. I got a ton done over the weekend and I am going to need to get all the wiring installed soon.

DAG
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:17 AM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeuce View Post
Nice work, looks amazing Dag

Cheers
Thanks!!

DAG
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:17 AM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
Fantastic as always; I cannot wait to see this baby at SEFF!

Those wheel pants came out great! HUGE!
I wish I could have found wheels that are just a bit bigger, but no luck.

Thanks, DAG
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:24 PM
SteveT. is offline
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
How big do you want....I know of some that are big but pretty expensive (about $79.95 per wheel)...but I would have to find the link...

Edit...check this page for links...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:13 AM
Doug Bartley is offline
Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Registered User
Doug Bartley's Avatar
Hi Dag: SDS Hobbies carries the same wheels up to 8.5", but theres a problem! The price is outlandish!!
I have purchased the exact same wheels in 5" from HobbyKing at $12/pr. SDS is asking almost $22each for the same set. Unfortunately HK doesn't carry any bigger in this model.
Caviat emptour, I suppose. A little research might reveal the actual mfg, so far I've had no luck. Doug B
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:00 PM
Conehead is offline
Find More Posts by Conehead
Flutter-Bys are fun
Conehead's Avatar
I am sure that Dag will be back soon. His work schedule has been, what I would call nasty, then science projects for his project manager, Emma.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:46 AM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Bartley View Post
Hi Dag: SDS Hobbies carries the same wheels up to 8.5", but theres a problem! The price is outlandish!!
I have purchased the exact same wheels in 5" from HobbyKing at $12/pr. SDS is asking almost $22each for the same set. Unfortunately HK doesn't carry any bigger in this model.
Caviat emptour, I suppose. A little research might reveal the actual mfg, so far I've had no luck. Doug B
The wheels on the plane now are 6", just wish I had 10". 8.5" would not have really made much of a difference

Thanks Buddy.

DAG
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:48 AM
dag214 is offline
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
dag214's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
I am sure that Dag will be back soon. His work schedule has been, what I would call nasty, then science projects for his project manager, Emma.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Spot on right.

Starting a new company up, My girls projects, and all kinds of wild things.

DAG
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:00 AM
Pinky_d_brain is offline
Find More Posts by Pinky_d_brain
I don't do Normal
Pinky_d_brain's Avatar
Vary Perdy!!!!
For 10" wheels I keep thinking a wheel barrow wheel or cart would work if you could find a light one that would almost look right and fix it up
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:54 AM
pmisuinas is online now
Find More Posts by pmisuinas
Registered User
For something that big, in order to be light, you almost need to make your own. There are a lot of "how-to" articles out there, using line for spokes and tubing (radiator hose for something this big?) for the tires. I know Dag would have the skill, my guess is the real problem is finding the time...Pete M
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:08 AM
Twaddle is offline
Find More Posts by Twaddle
Registered User

Wheels


Was poking around for some wheels and spotted these 9.33" @ $70 a pair. I have to say that the description doesn't fill me with confidence that they'll be up to the job and I can't vouch for the reliability of the retailer, but I thought I might as well post them up anyway.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:02 AM
bdelapen is offline
Find More Posts by bdelapen
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
bdelapen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twaddle View Post
Was poking around for some wheels and spotted these 9.33" @ $70 a pair. I have to say that the description doesn't fill me with confidence that they'll be up to the job and I can't vouch for the reliability of the retailer, but I thought I might as well post them up anyway.
That would be these:

http://shop.dubro.com/p/vintage-whee...ls?pp=12&pp=12

May give a better description.

- Birger


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Damon Atwood's Emmaselle jsmith285 SEFF 2012 2 Apr 30, 2012 10:11 PM
Question 1919 Emmaselle at SEFF weathervane Giant Electric Planes 4 Sep 30, 2010 01:18 PM
Discussion My First SEFF and my Vintage Emmaselle dag214 SEFF 19 May 05, 2010 08:58 AM
Help! Zig Zag Racer 2 vs. Reef Racer 2 speeding? ihor14448 Racing Boats - Electric 15 Jun 18, 2007 09:15 PM