Dec 08, 2016, 10:25 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Thread OP
I bet a multitotor bullnose prop would hold up well.

Ken
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2019, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Dennis,

The concept here is lightweight for indoor use [hence no KF wing].

I have a matched pair with me. Dueling wings!

I am excited to get the 10g motor on here along with the 250mAh battery. AUW will drop to 96g. could even go to less with a 6A esc.

Ken
Ken,
On the mini, could there be any reason to add a KF airfoil section as is used on the full size Stingray 3.0? I am building a Mini Stingray but my plan is to use it outdoors in a small park. Would there be any advantage (or DISadvantage) to adding a KF section?
May 11, 2019, 09:24 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdc914
Ken,
On the mini, could there be any reason to add a KF airfoil section as is used on the full size Stingray 3.0? I am building a Mini Stingray but my plan is to use it outdoors in a small park. Would there be any advantage (or DISadvantage) to adding a KF section?
The only disadvantage would be weight. However with a motor like a Park250, it would probably not be noticable. The advantage would be a much better (stable) airfoil. I can imagine making it from Adams Readiboard (aka $Tree foamboard) with the paper removed and still being the same weight as the original.

Ken
May 11, 2019, 10:37 PM
flyin' fool
Stronger too!
May 12, 2019, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
The only disadvantage would be weight. However with a motor like a Park250, it would probably not be noticable. The advantage would be a much better (stable) airfoil. I can imagine making it from Adams Readiboard (aka $Tree foamboard) with the paper removed and still being the same weight as the original.

Ken
I have some 3mm Hobby King model foam with which I am going to make micro stingrays but I have way more than I need, so I think that would work well for the KF section.
I have a 10g motor from HK. I would think that's enough power for a fun flyer that might never see combat
May 12, 2019, 03:34 PM
So a KF section patterned after the one on the full size Stingray 3.0 adds 4.3g to the airframe. Should in theory be ok with my existing 10g motor, especially given that I'm not really planning on doing combat yet. If needed later I can always up the motor/ESC.

Quick Reply