Oct 22, 2012, 12:03 PM
When pigs fly rc
Looks great!!!! Get some video
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2012, 06:18 PM
Wow ken that is a really nice paint job! I really can't wait to see one in person
Jimbo
Oct 23, 2012, 03:22 PM
AKA Don
I flew mine at USA today. It was a bit of a handful. Moving battery forward about 3/4" helped, using low rates helped, but still seemed to get unwanted dives and climbs. I need to get more time on it to sort it out. Right now I am thinking the 3.7 g servos I am using may not be centering well.
Oct 23, 2012, 04:41 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Thread OP
I flew mine at USA today also. While the Park 250 powered one is unmistakably a powerhouse indoors. The 10g unit powered one, is plenty of power indoors. I ran it with the 7x3.5 prop, and this thing moves like its the king of the air. Lots of authority, even when pulling a streamer.

We had some practice combat as we were sorting out what works and what does not. I was mixing it up with some UM T-28s when one snagged my streamer and wound up on his prop shaft. The (Park 250) Mini StingRay pulled him around effortlessly.

Very excited also I sold some kits to Flightline Hobbies, the local hobby shop in Lake Orion, MI. They will be selling for $21.99 plus the Governors share. I am bumping my prices up for this kit to the same so as to not undersell the local suppliers. They are now available at www.kenscadmodels.com

Looking forward to having some actual combat,
Ken
Last edited by dz1sfb; Nov 16, 2012 at 06:48 AM.
Oct 23, 2012, 07:02 PM
Standing Athwart History
Looks like a fun little critter. I have been looking for an indoor fun flyer.
Oct 24, 2012, 10:28 AM
The german site has a little different stingray and there are some plans for it .The video is kind of corny but the rays look real good in flight. joe
(6 min 3 sec)
Plans are here http://www.vth.de/flugmodell-und-tec...gender-rochen/
Last edited by cracksmeup; Oct 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
Oct 24, 2012, 10:42 AM
When pigs fly rc
Do you have a link to the plans ?
Oct 24, 2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
Do you have a link to the plans ?
Ha HA it took me a bit to find them ,i have to wait for pages to be translated for me.lol joe
Last edited by cracksmeup; Oct 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
Oct 24, 2012, 11:02 AM
I liked the Eagle :-). Slow and of impressive appearance
The Clown fish and Shark are nothing short of Pathetic ( I have those, bought in a previous foolish moment)
Ray is an odd looking thing, and there wasn't much footage of it 'flying'.
Oct 24, 2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare
I liked the Eagle :-). Slow and of impressive appearance
The Clown fish and Shark are nothing short of Pathetic ( I have those, bought in a previous foolish moment)
Ray is an odd looking thing, and there wasn't much footage of it 'flying'.
They have a build thread but you have to sighn up to their forums to see any pictures and i dont speak german so i have a google translater on my computer so i can read it. There are some other videos of them flying the ray's at a water funfly but i would have to hunt it down .You can see a little more of the ray's flying in this water funfly video. joe
(5 min 21 sec)
Last edited by cracksmeup; Oct 24, 2012 at 11:34 AM.
Oct 24, 2012, 11:23 AM
When pigs fly rc
Awesome!!
Oct 24, 2012, 11:40 AM
I hope ken does not mind and he builds one too. I did not mean to take over his thread just share the weird stuff with you guys i find in the german forums. joe
Oct 24, 2012, 12:01 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup
I hope ken does not mind and he builds one too. I did not mean to take over his thread just share the weird stuff with you guys i find in the german forums. joe
Joe,

It is neat, but I will not be building one in the near future.

I have gone on some of the German threads also, and there is some neat stuff there. However, I do appreciate keeping this thread relevant to the topic at hand.

That said, I also appreciate you sharing the as well.

Thanks,
Ken

Nice vids BTW!
Nov 15, 2012, 12:25 PM
Hi Ken,

Last Tuesday at Ultimate soccer, I saw some "micro" stingrays flying. Can you please tell me about those? W/S, motor size, etc. They looked really cool buzzing around the field. Thanks.
Nov 15, 2012, 01:50 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Thread OP
Steve,

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1761053

Ken

Quick Reply