Oct 13, 2012, 07:05 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
Discussion

Beacon Adhesives Foam-Tac Glue

Hello everybody.

Beacon has completely redesigned the packaging for Foam-Tac, they are also launching a dedicated website for it & will be advertising in hobby magazines. They've also made a change to the formula, using a new & improved adhesive inhibitor.

This does not change any of the glues existing properies, other than it creates an even stronger bond (it was already crazy strong!), and it shortens the cure-time considerably.

Since I work so closely with Beacon, I have advance photos of the new product. The new packaging is great & the instructions are much more accurate & understandable:

Name: BEAFTG.jpg
Views: 192
Size: 112.7 KB
Description: Beacon Adhesives Foam-Tac Glue

It is a great product, and oz/oz less expensive than many other glues (especially the CA's). The thing I like best about it is that even after it's cured the bond is still flexible... it does not create a stiff spot that will stress the foam in unexpected areas.

Learn more about Foam-Tac foam-safe glue at my website:

Foam-Tac Product Page

I'll post more news/info as I'm allowed to

Bill
Last edited by billbo1970; Oct 17, 2012 at 08:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2012, 05:30 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
The new stuff should begin shipping to dealers the week of 10/22 or thereabout. If you're seeing pink/purple packaging then it's the old product.

Bill
Last edited by billbo1970; Oct 17, 2012 at 08:02 AM.
Oct 17, 2012, 08:06 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP

Contest

Hi guys,

Beacon Adhesives is sponsoring a Foam-Tac build, repair or best tech tip contest. This is a monthly contest for the person that posts pictures of a new build, or a repair, or even a tech tip. To win all you have to do is post a picture of your project; or, post your idea and let everyone know what you think of Foam-Tac.

The details are here

Good luck everyone!

Regards,
Bill
Oct 22, 2012, 02:57 PM
repeat foam bender
Does this have any advantages over Beacon 3-in-1? That's what I've been using lately and it's great stuff for foam.
Oct 22, 2012, 03:40 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
It's FAR superior to 3-in-1, take a look at my website to see all the features & benefits.

Bill
Dec 02, 2012, 10:41 PM
Where can I find it? What stores is it sold in? What do I clean it up with? How hard is it to clean off fingers and foam? Is it a PU glue or more like a contact glue or what is it?
Latest blog entry: Summer temps
Dec 03, 2012, 07:44 AM
Winging it Ò>
Bill,

Do you know if there is a recommended thinner for this product? On the back of the package it states that it contains cyclo-hexane...I've never seen this solvent at the hardware stores. Is there a compatible solvent for thinning and clean up; and even better; is there a "styrene foam safe" solvent that can be used for thinning?
Dec 03, 2012, 09:07 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
Wild Bill:
I sell it on my website & shipping is very reasonable at only $2.99
http://www.filadelfosrc.com/index.ph...atid=42&id=146

If you need to 'clean it up' then you are using WAY too much of the product. It will come off of your fingers in the same way that rubber cement does.

Leadfeather:
It's not recommended to thin the product, if you have technical questions like this it is best to ask Beacon directly. Why do you need to thin it, is it an old bottle?

Bill
Dec 03, 2012, 09:55 AM
RC Adddict
I read somewhere that if the glue gets to thick you just put it in some really hot water and warm it up and it will thin . For clean up it seems to rub off most surfaces once dry .
Dec 03, 2012, 10:20 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor
I read somewhere that if the glue gets to thick you just put it in some really hot water and warm it up and it will thin . For clean up it seems to rub off most surfaces once dry .
I've never tried that, but it's rubber based... so I guess you could 'melt' it before it's cured. Would need to confirm that w/Beacon.

Bill
Dec 28, 2012, 01:03 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
Take a look at this vid to see Foam-Tac in action. You only need to use a little bit, a bottle goes a LONG way: Using Foam-Tac

Bill
Oct 18, 2013, 09:22 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
I know this thread is old, but if anyone is looking for Foam-Tac I've got a totally new & re-designed website. It automatically pings USPS in real-time to give you an actual cost shipping quote, with no additional handling charges or anything. I eat the cost on packaging & cushioning, and am charging $10.99/bottle for the glue. You can see it on my new website here: http://www.frchobby.com/BEA-FTG/

Regards,
Bill
Oct 18, 2013, 11:38 AM
It may be fine glue
But I REFUSE to buy it . Why?
Because at $11 for fluid 2ounces that's $1408 per 128 oz US gallon.
There is No way on earth that production costs and profits are even a fraction of that.
Oct 18, 2013, 12:15 PM
redwhskers
Don't knock it til you try it. The best I have ever used

Build Fly Fix

RW
Oct 18, 2013, 02:21 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare
It may be fine glue
But I REFUSE to buy it . Why?
Because at $11 for fluid 2ounces that's $1408 per 128 oz US gallon.
There is No way on earth that production costs and profits are even a fraction of that.
That's flawed logic, the price is very competitive to other glues. CA also requires Kicker. That combo costs more per ounce, and won't build as many airplanes as a single bottle of Foam-Tac will... besides the fact that it's dramatically inferior. I don't even sell CA anymore, I only sell what I use myself.

Quick Reply