Feb 21, 2013, 09:42 AM
Ah, Post # 23?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2013, 01:06 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Thread OP
Doh....I was browsing on my phone, and overlooked.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Apr 26, 2013, 09:35 PM
Hey Cub, Ken Smith just got his up in the Dynam Waco thread.
You ever get your hands on one?
Thinking this will be my next plane...I've got a giant scale model Y but I'm hesitant to fly it, and I really want a Sportster to kick around the skies!
Apr 26, 2013, 09:40 PM
Thread OP
I have one sitting in the shopping cart at NP..waiting to hear back from a possible buyer of my GeeBee fantasy racer before I pull the trigger. Trading one Geebee for another basically. I think it will be a good plane to keep in the back of my truck.
Apr 27, 2013, 12:46 PM
Always puts it on the numbers.
PICT0015 (5 min 56 sec)

I love mine.
Apr 27, 2013, 05:30 PM
I maiden my Gee Bee today no problems but was using TP 2700 3S with the timer set at 8:00 minutes never did really open it up, batteries very warm almost out of gas. Who ever said you could use 2200 batteries is nuts. Just rebalanced plane using 3900 3S TP they weigh in 9.6 ounces total plane weight 3lbs 4 ounces. I could use the 2700 4S that I use in the Waco but I need to use these batteries, plus I would need to figure which prop to use.
I cannot remember who said to use Miniwax on the planes I used Krylon UV Resistant Clear Coat and it was like putting a new coat of paint on the plane. Thanks to you for the tip take a bow.
By the way put some kind of clear coat on this thing, the paint is so thin if you look at it hard it comes off.
This is a great flyer I slowed this thing down to walking speed and never did really get it to stall with power on just slowly slowed down and the just lost attitude rock solid. There are no no give in the wheels or landing gear making it very stiff legged.
I will put up more photos later iPad only lets me post one at a time.

Ken Smith
Last edited by Ken Smith; Mar 11, 2016 at 04:32 PM.
Apr 30, 2013, 06:50 AM
I wanted to bring this back to the front page as this is too good of a value and flying plane to die, people need to know about this model.
There is one thing that I didn't like about the plane is the very hard wheels, I am in the process of changing these out with Dave Brown Soft Wheels. I like these wheels for two reasons 1 they give a softer landing 2 they roll over the clumps of grass that is in my flying field. I will post photos later of the modification on the landing gear

Ken Smith
Apr 30, 2013, 07:40 AM
Also that the wheel pants are foam. Pickup a large rock it will crack them.
Apr 30, 2013, 10:57 AM
Spookeay
Are we the only ones flying this plane ? I have about a hour on it so still working out the little bugs but so far really enjoying this kit. It will not replace the Waco as the love of my heart but it is a well flying, fun model.
Some landing with Waco there. I didn't realize you were fly into and landing in a box canyon of trees, you doing pretty good there.

Ken Smith
Apr 30, 2013, 11:15 AM
I guess we are. I love this plane. All these golden age racers have a place in my heart. I'm surprised how fast it is for a 11V 20C plane. According to my GPS camera it's making 50 Mph. That's screaming for this little plane. It's snappy too.... I was shocked at how easy it is to land as compared to the real one.
Apr 30, 2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookeay
I guess we are. I love this plane. All these golden age racers have a place in my heart. I'm surprised how fast it is for a 11V 20C plane. According to my GPS camera it's making 50 Mph. That's screaming for this little plane. It's snappy too.... I was shocked at how easy it is to land as compared to the real one.
Yes it will move right along, I have been flying at 3/4 throttle cannot tell if the speed increases at full throttle, pretty dragy airplane, it will climb better though. . For as landings I bring it with good air speed and let it settle down, tried to bring it in slow and it wants to bounce. Speed is better in the wind for landing anyway. As far as the real one goes wouldn't know but I would guess your forward vision would be very, very limited setting back so far and the size of the engine cowling.
I found it is very stable but the wind will toss those big wings around but no problem just fun

Ken Smith
Apr 30, 2013, 04:39 PM
Well I should be joining you guys in the air within a week or two, I've made up my mind on this one
Apr 30, 2013, 04:41 PM
Thread OP
I had every intention of getting this beauty when I started this thread...but...sadly..I still have not gotten it. Life has delayed my purchase. Hopefully soon, and hopefully it stays on the market for a while.
Apr 30, 2013, 05:00 PM
Thread OP
Anyone know of any good discount codes besides pricepickle?
Apr 30, 2013, 11:42 PM
let me inspire you.
Gee Bee Day (4 min 4 sec)

Quick Reply