Sep 03, 2019, 11:37 AM
Waiting for the next clear day
On order from Grayson Hobbies. Just waiting for UPS to deliver it next Monday...

Tony
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2019, 06:21 PM
Ghost Rider the pattern's full
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalla
On order from Grayson Hobbies. Just waiting for UPS to deliver it next Monday...

Tony
Nice!
Flew mine today

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sep 11, 2019, 05:12 PM
I just got mine in a few days ago and I found a couple of things. First, the wing braces: they're all red and seem to be the same size. Is that normal? Second, the motor seems to be the old 900kv motor. I've seen positive reviews on it (although most say to change out the ESC, which will be done). Other than speed, how is the 1050kv motor better?

Tony
Sep 13, 2019, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalla
Other than speed, how is the 1050kv motor better?
The biggest difference would be on prop sizes that you can swing. Mine has the 1050kv and came stock with a 12x6 prop. Given all else equal, the extra kv gives you an additional ~16% prop speed equating to greater power output.

Mine is completely stock, stock motor, stock esc, etc. The only upgrade I did was to change the prop to an XOAR 12x8. For other reasons, I happened to have measured the thrust to weight ratio, and using a 3000mah 3s battery, I had a 91% thrust to weight, so almost unlimited vertical climb

Of all my airplanes, this is my most favorite to fly.
Sep 16, 2019, 07:25 AM
Dynam Gee Bee Y 090919 (3 min 0 sec)
Sep 17, 2019, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by santanig5
that was cool

couple questions, how are you able to make your rolls so tight, and what are you using for a camera?
Sep 18, 2019, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
that was cool

couple questions, how are you able to make your rolls so tight, and what are you using for a camera?

Thanks!
Mobius action cam (original).
Iím not doing anything special (that I am aware of) to make the rolls any different on this plane than my others, but you are not the first person to mention it.
Iím fairly certain that I have the throws set by the book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oct 01, 2019, 01:59 PM
Dynam Gee Bee Y 091519 (4 min 29 sec)
Oct 04, 2019, 04:59 PM
Fun flying! My Dynam Gee Bee is my favorite airplane to fly out of my fleet, just a great flyer with lots of power and capability. Looks like you probably wouldn't ever want to cut your landing short with the ditch at the end of the runway

My Gee Bee is staying on the ground until my new collets arrive. My existing one has a slight bend in it and makes for some Mr. RC Sound system type of flying (simulated motor sounds via vibrations). They sure are soft. E-Flite had a substitute for a while, but I see they quite making them.

Lastly, on your rolls, are you just really good at timing your elev when you are inverted? Do you have some differential on the ailerons? I'll admit I'm not too good at rolls anyways, but I've never even had anything close to what you are doing.

thanks for posting the cool video.
Oct 04, 2019, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
Fun flying! My Dynam Gee Bee is my favorite airplane to fly out of my fleet, just a great flyer with lots of power and capability. Looks like you probably wouldn't ever want to cut your landing short with the ditch at the end of the runway

My Gee Bee is staying on the ground until my new collets arrive. My existing one has a slight bend in it and makes for some Mr. RC Sound system type of flying (simulated motor sounds via vibrations). They sure are soft. E-Flite had a substitute for a while, but I see they quite making them.

Lastly, on your rolls, are you just really good at timing your elev when you are inverted? Do you have some differential on the ailerons? I'll admit I'm not too good at rolls anyways, but I've never even had anything close to what you are doing.

thanks for posting the cool video.
Thanks,
I don't think I do anything special, but I do get allot of compliments about the tight rolls.
I guess you would have to compare to my other plane videos.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Oct 07, 2019, 07:03 PM
Gary
My GeeBee is over five years old with many hours of flight and needed some TLC. I found two paints at Michael's that were a perfect match for both the red and the black. I make no warranties - there are can be batch to batch differences at the factory. Pictures show the after - I didn't take a before unfortunately but believe me after that many years of hanger rash it was looking raggedy. The touch up work blended right in. I'll probably work on it a little more. The gouges and dents were filled in with light weight spackle
Oct 07, 2019, 09:08 PM
that turned out quite nice! I've used that same black before too, and it works well on many models. My red I had color matched at Home Depot when I bought the model. That red also works across many models.

My new prop adaptors showed up today so now I can replace the bent one I currently have. I didn't explicitly come down hard on it to bend it, just over time with occasional nose overs here and there it finally had had enough.
Oct 14, 2019, 06:29 PM
I just got my GeeBee assembled, I painted the bumps on the cowl white with black trim, and painted the fiberglass spar underneith. I then put 3~4 coats of polyacrilic on is. Holly crap, this thing looks great. much better than the flat red paint. It really makes the red paint pop.

Quick Reply