Nov 27, 2017, 10:32 AM
Ghost Rider the pattern's full
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmartin
All original, laser cut ply parts, milled & lathed downcomer adapters. Reworked set of gear mounts from friend's wrecked model. I'll add flight pics when the white stuff comes.
Want to make another?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2017, 08:09 PM
Suspended Account

FMS BF-109 1400mm 14x8x3 prop and spinner. G32 700KV motor 3s 4000mah 55C GPlus

GeeBee flight 3 12 18 2017 (4 min 53 sec)

GeeBee flight 2 12 18 2017 (6 min 27 sec)

GeeBee flight 1 12 18 2017 (7 min 0 sec)
Dec 23, 2017, 12:34 AM
Did you notice any difference in your power draw or flight envelope?

On another topic, for those who run differential on your ailerons, who much do you set? Mine rolls terribly, so I want to try differential to see how it helps.
Dec 23, 2017, 01:50 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
Did you notice any difference in your power draw or flight envelope?

On another topic, for those who run differential on your ailerons, who much do you set? Mine rolls terribly, so I want to try differential to see how it helps.
LordEmperorTeng has been banned for good, I am a good friend of his, and will relay his message to you. Apparently the Admins are not letting him back on RCG so unless he creates another account which is unlikely.

from LET:

Heliflyer14,

Power on 3s is not as punchy as it would be on 4s but ill let the video speak for itself. It flies very stable, and landings are seemingly more stable with this bigger prop configuration if you look at all the videos the landings are all pretty much greased.... just keeping the throttle on until the mains touch and rog to slow on final.
Dec 25, 2017, 03:55 AM
EDF Balance GURU and RC addict
Got some good flights with mine yesterday!!

Gee Bee aerobatics at Bayside (8 min 58 sec)

Gee Bee flight on a cloudy day at Bayside (10 min 40 sec)
Dec 27, 2017, 11:56 PM
Wow, fancy flying there gooniac Looks like you have your knife edges down pretty nicely.

One question for you, if I recall correctly, you have differential setup on your ailerons, correct? What are your settings for those?

Right now, my rolls are really terrible, and I have to time full down elev when going through the inverted portion, else it becomes a giant barrel role.
Dec 28, 2017, 07:39 AM
Dynam Gee Bee Y 122417 (4 min 29 sec)
Dec 28, 2017, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Wow, fancy flying there gooniac Looks like you have your knife edges down pretty nicely.

One question for you, if I recall correctly, you have differential setup on your ailerons, correct? What are your settings for those?

Right now, my rolls are really terrible, and I have to time full down elev when going through the inverted portion, else it becomes a giant barrel role.
I opted for aileron rudder mix since I needed the port for something else. Will look at it next time and tell you the percentage.
Apr 24, 2018, 09:21 PM
042218 Gee Bee Y (5 min 15 sec)
Apr 29, 2018, 10:29 AM
Cool video

I wish my Gee Bee would roll nice and tight like yours. Are you just a superior pilot, or did you make any adjustments to help out the roll, like differential?

Out of curiosity, what camera did you have mounted on the bottom side of your Gee Bee?
Apr 29, 2018, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Cool video

I wish my Gee Bee would roll nice and tight like yours. Are you just a superior pilot, or did you make any adjustments to help out the roll, like differential?

Out of curiosity, what camera did you have mounted on the bottom side of your Gee Bee?
Hardly a superior pilot, no adjustments and don't know what differential is. Just lucky I guss.
Thanks
Apr 30, 2018, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Cool video

Sorry, the camera is a Mobius.
Great little camcorder.
May 02, 2018, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by santanig5
Hardly a superior pilot, no adjustments and don't know what differential is. Just lucky I guss.
Thanks
I'm going with a superior pilot
Sep 28, 2018, 09:31 AM
I haven't flown mine in a while. But I did yesterday! Its so much fun to fly! I didn't have to touch any of the trim even after sitting for months. I have glued the tail in place and replaced hinges with blenderm. I think that if I added a gyro this thing would be even better! Maybe I will... anyway here are my flights!

LEDs after sunset with the Gee Bee at Rancho (4 min 39 sec)

Sunset Gee Bee flight at Rancho (10 min 7 sec)
Jul 03, 2019, 06:47 PM
Been a while since I've posted a flight video of the ol' Gee Bee Y
Dynam Gee Bee Y 070319 (4 min 24 sec)

Quick Reply