Dynam GEEBEE Sportster - RC Groups
Oct 13, 2012, 03:14 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
New Product

Dynam GEEBEE Sportster

Has anyone else seen this, or have plans to get it? I was just looking at videos of the Sportsters that Hobby-Lobby used to sell-wishing they still carried them. Now this!! I like foamies more than wood anyway.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8955-gb-rtf-24g.html

-Cub
Latest blog entry: Pics for reference
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2012, 03:25 AM
Scale Foam Flyer

Some pics from the Nitroplanes Site

A few pics
Oct 13, 2012, 03:26 AM
Scale Foam Flyer

Specs

Specifications:
Wingspan: 1270mm (50in)
Overall Length: 980mm (45.8in)
Wing Loading: 42.2g/d㎡
Flying Weight: 1250g(49.5oz)

Electronics:
Servo: 9gx4pcs
Battery: 11.1V 2200mAh Li-Po, 20C
Speed Controller: 40A Brushless
Motor Size: BM3715A-KV900 Brushless Outrunner
Oct 15, 2012, 01:00 AM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
I just ordered one. I like the 50 inch wing. Its pretty large at 3 LB and should handle the wind. I will let everyone know about it when it shows up.....3-4 days or so.

Pete
Oct 15, 2012, 01:04 AM

Discount code

I used the code PRICEPICKLE and received 6 percent off.....thats $ 7.14

Pete
Oct 15, 2012, 04:11 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
I am glad to see that someone has ordered one. I am "on the road" for the next few months for work, and wanted to get a thread going so I can live vicariously through others until I can get my own.

-Cub
Oct 15, 2012, 09:09 AM

Uboxing

Roger.......copy that over.

I will take some unboxing pics and let our pilots know about the quality. With Dynam on a roll as of late, she should be real nice.

Pete
Oct 15, 2012, 04:07 PM
Bombs Away...
Cant wait to see them.
Oct 15, 2012, 10:52 PM
My BEE shipped out in less than 12 hours and is on its way up north. Great job Nitro planes !. I also like the aluminum wing braces . They even painted the forward one red. Probably only the tip of the iceberg. Nice touch Dynam !.

Pete
Oct 16, 2012, 01:55 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
I have noticed that a lot of vendors use shipping company software right in their distribution centers to generate tracking numbers and such. It doesn't necessarily mean that it is on the move, but I still like the warm fuzzy of knowing that my order is receiving attention.
Oct 16, 2012, 04:17 PM
Good information, thank you !. They had it pulled in 1.5 hours then on the loading dock in 7 . Then it was on a plane from LAX 5 hours later. She will be arriving in San Jose california on Wednesday. Whoohoo

Update.....The big brown plane just landed at SFO ( 8:30 ) PM PST with you know what inside....Thats only an hours drive to where I live. Looks promising

Pete
Last edited by sonic liner; Oct 17, 2012 at 12:10 AM.
Oct 17, 2012, 06:07 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic liner
Good information, thank you !. They had it pulled in 1.5 hours then on the loading dock in 7 . Then it was on a plane from LAX 5 hours later. She will be arriving in San Jose california on Wednesday. Whoohoo

Update.....The big brown plane just landed at SFO ( 8:30 ) PM PST with you know what inside....Thats only an hours drive to where I live. Looks promising

Pete
You are pretty much carrying this thread so far, so don't be stingy with the pics and vids etc. (No pressure )
Oct 17, 2012, 09:13 AM
Oh......Snap.

I just purchased a new GE XL400 Camera and I highly recomend it. Alas......my flying buddy sucks at taking picures and vidio. Gonna have him practice this weekend.

Shipping update!
UPS Drove her down south overnight. She arrived at 5:30 AM PST and was on the big brown airplane truck 15 min later. It says......out for delivery. Thats code for, get out the lemonade and cooler...write a note to ask Richard to leave our specimen on the side yard.

I wont let you down CC

Hercules

PS~ You know you dont have enough planes when aquanted with the delivery man on a first name basis
Last edited by sonic liner; Oct 17, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Oct 17, 2012, 10:27 PM

Its here !.

Its here ! Whooohooo
This airplane looks ideal to both hop up, and do some club pylon races with.
I am astounded at the quality, with this purchase being an exeptional value for the money.It was well packaged and arrived without a scratch.She comes with two 12x6 props, some super nice wheel pants.....already set up....a nice collet adapter/ spinner hub.....aluminum wing braces etc. I am talking a two hour assembly including the programing. Only 12 easy steps.

I was able to get some really great unboxing pictures before the sun set. All I can say is Great job Dynam and thanks Nitro Planes . I am going to the gym to work out but promise to have the pics up tonight. Check back in a couple of hours.

Pete
Oct 18, 2012, 01:26 AM

Pictures !

LTR

1- Da Box !
2- Da inner box !
3- Da inner inner Boxes !
4- All of the parts outside of the inner box.
Those are 12 inch props for size scale.
5- The wings
6- The cool wheel pant sets already to go
Last edited by sonic liner; Oct 18, 2012 at 03:03 AM.