Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 03, 2012, 01:30 AM
Don't worry be happy :)
Stark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMJET
Hanging NICE , Stark,
Thanks! The CYL is starting to get very popular over here. There was also another blue/yellow one.

This is a video from the first flight of the day:
Richard Starkenberg, mohed 2012-12-01 (2 min 12 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2012, 01:46 AM
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten
I just built my second. Orange/green combo. My problem is the new landing gear position. My aileron control horn is rubbing on the carbon fiber landing gear. I tried a little sanding to the horn, but I am still rubbing. What should I do? My gear is glued in good with welders. I don't want to sand the legs down, and make it weak.

J
Sounds like the aileron horn is backwards. Do you have a pic?
Dec 03, 2012, 04:42 AM
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark
Thanks! The CYL is starting to get very popular over here. There was also another blue/yellow one.

This is a video from the first flight of the day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SUZJLrHq6g
Nice Slippers
Dec 03, 2012, 04:53 AM
Don't worry be happy :)
Stark's Avatar
Yes, it's the small details that makes a perfect day.
Dec 03, 2012, 05:51 AM
2 metre rule applies!
DRAMJET's Avatar
Kris, was going to say likewise but thought better of it.
Nice flying Stark, I suppose you are into indoor season, nice start with a CYL.
Dec 03, 2012, 07:14 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten
I just built my second. Orange/green combo. My problem is the new landing gear position. My aileron control horn is rubbing on the carbon fiber landing gear. I tried a little sanding to the horn, but I am still rubbing. What should I do? My gear is glued in good with welders. I don't want to sand the legs down, and make it weak.

J
Can you post a picture?
Dec 03, 2012, 11:44 AM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris...
Nice Slippers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark
Yes, it's the small details that makes a perfect day.
Like it. Nothing like being comfortable when your flying, maybe you should break out the dressing gown next time.

Good flying Stark
Dec 03, 2012, 11:55 AM
Don't worry be happy :)
Stark's Avatar
Thanks Aviefly!
Dec 03, 2012, 01:07 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
I need a new elevator servo
What are some good servos for this plane?
Thanks
Dec 03, 2012, 01:22 PM
Don't worry be happy :)
Stark's Avatar
I'm using Power HD D65HB. Accurate and very fast. In the Sbach I'm using the Futaba S3114. Only a tiny amount slower than the D65 and with the same great precision and centering.
Dec 03, 2012, 01:30 PM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Thank you ...
Where's a good place to get them?
Dec 03, 2012, 02:59 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
Thank you ...
Where's a good place to get them?
The digital servos i got from TH seem to work good for me (speed and centering). I have not broken any yet (have not had any sigificant crashes though).
Dec 03, 2012, 05:26 PM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevs
Can you post a picture?
I will try to get to it today. It isn't backwards either. Part of the wood is on the ail servo horn is rubbing on the landing gear.

J
Dec 04, 2012, 12:47 AM
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly
Like it. Nothing like being comfortable when your flying, maybe you should break out the dressing gown next time.

Good flying Stark
Yeah and a Pipe
Dec 04, 2012, 12:57 AM
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark
I'm using Power HD D65HB. Accurate and very fast. In the Sbach I'm using the Futaba S3114. Only a tiny amount slower than the D65 and with the same great precision and centering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevs
The digital servos i got from TH seem to work good for me (speed and centering). I have not broken any yet (have not had any sigificant crashes though).
Thank you, thank you


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Twisted Hobbys Crack Pitts 12 Build and Info Thread! cwojcik 3D Foamies 3547 Apr 14, 2017 01:01 PM
Cool Twisted Hobbys - 32" Crack Yak - Build Thread (Lots of new pics!) hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 6743 Feb 26, 2017 04:22 PM
Wanted Twisted Hobbys - 32" Crack Yak Wanted Moparbob Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 32 Jul 10, 2012 06:36 PM
Sold Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak isenbed Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Apr 16, 2012 10:43 PM