Twisted Hobbys - Crack Yak Lite - Build Thread - Page 11 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 19, 2012, 09:45 AM
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
I used Hitec 5035's because I had them laying around and when I put my airplane together Brad did not have the CS-40D's. The Hitecs are great little servos but they are really, really expensive. Go with the CS-40D's.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2012, 10:23 AM
Registered User
STLAV8R's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik
I used Hitec 5035's because I had them laying around and when I put my airplane together Brad did not have the CS-40D's. The Hitecs are great little servos but they are really, really expensive. Go with the CS-40D's.
How much torque (in ounces) do the CS-40D's have?
They are less than 1/2 the price of the Hitec 5035's.
Oct 19, 2012, 10:51 AM
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
9.5 oz on 4.8V, 11 oz on 6V, so a hair less than the Hitec's but still plenty.
Oct 19, 2012, 02:29 PM
Registered User
bobby808813's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik
I used Hitec 5035's because I had them laying around and when I put my airplane together Brad did not have the CS-40D's. The Hitecs are great little servos but they are really, really expensive. Go with the CS-40D's.
did you use a 5035 on the ailerons
Oct 19, 2012, 02:40 PM
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
No, I used a CS-90D on the ailerons.
Oct 19, 2012, 04:43 PM
3D Hack
JC Spohr's Avatar
Need more video...



JC
Oct 20, 2012, 09:54 AM
Don't give in to gravity
Gravitycheat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik
Fun video! Nice job
Oct 21, 2012, 01:14 PM
Don't worry be happy :)
Stark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr
Need more video...



JC
Great flying!

For me there is no need for more video.
The decision is taken​​, the orders are made, now it's just waiting for delivery!
Now I can not wait to fly it ....
Oct 21, 2012, 06:47 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
I flew the heck out of mine today outdoors and in a bunch of wind! Had a blast! I'm really digging the chuckability of this thing. It is so light and responsive that you can fly low, tight and crazy.

I think with the Lite planes that three mistakes high is probably going to be half of the standard Crack series planes for most people. Fun!
Oct 21, 2012, 06:52 PM
Twisted Realm's Avatar
The Lite is all I'm flying right now, she's absolutely a joy to fly Chris
Last edited by Twisted Realm; Oct 21, 2012 at 06:58 PM.
Oct 21, 2012, 08:22 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
KamikazePilot's Avatar
All these reports aren't helping me from jumping the gun on this. Think the standard one will do for me though. Good to have the option when I get better on the sticks.
Oct 21, 2012, 10:53 PM
3d addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777
I flew the heck out of mine today outdoors and in a bunch of wind! Had a blast! I'm really digging the chuckability of this thing. It is so light and responsive that you can fly low, tight and crazy.

I think with the Lite planes that three mistakes high is probably going to be half of the standard Crack series planes for most people. Fun!

Who flies a crack series plane 3 mistakes high?
Oct 21, 2012, 11:00 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Lite Series Crack Yak-55....
.
Had the Lite Yak out at an indoor fun fly yesterday, spent most of the time flying around KE... it was great... Let some others fly it as well, everyone really liked it. I expect that will be some new Lite Yak owners at the next indoor event here.
.
cdee
.
Oct 21, 2012, 11:28 PM
3D Hack
JC Spohr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark
For me there is no need for more video.
The decision is taken​​, the orders are made, now it's just waiting for delivery!
Now I can not wait to fly it ....
I'm waiting for the Pink version to become available.

Need more videos to get a pseudo fix.

The wait is killing me.

JC
Oct 22, 2012, 12:25 PM
3D Hack
JC Spohr's Avatar

Pink Yak Alert


The Pink/Blue Yak's are in in VERY limited supply.

Brad got a few but the rest are lost in US Customs. When or if they will be found is a mystery.

So if you want one - get it NOW!

JC

ps - Of course I placed my order before posting here... Do you blame me?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Twisted Hobbys Crack Pitts 12 Build and Info Thread! cwojcik 3D Foamies 3631 Sep 11, 2017 12:57 PM
Cool Twisted Hobbys - 32" Crack Yak - Build Thread (Lots of new pics!) hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 6782 Sep 04, 2017 07:25 AM
Wanted Twisted Hobbys - 32" Crack Yak Wanted Moparbob Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 32 Jul 10, 2012 07:36 PM
Sold Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak isenbed Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Apr 16, 2012 11:43 PM