My 9X has gone all wrong, fault finding tips needed
I have a DJI F450 frame with a Naza FC and GPS which I fly FPV. It *was* absolutely rock solid, until I noticed a little glitch maybe once a battery - just a little dip of one motor and then it would carry on. Hovever, it seems to have become progressively worse - and is now unflyable.
I put this video togather recording what the glitches looked like -
Looking at the video, I believed that this had to be a motor issue - probably with the rear left one. I resoldered all the bullet connectors from the motors, and then did 5 lipos in my garden. Its a small garden so all I could do is go back and forth about 10 feet, and up and down about 15-20ft. But I tried to really work the motors in that little space in order to reproduce the glitch. It was 100% good, and I thought the problem was solved.
So I went off to the field and flew out, instantly glitched and went down. After much messing around, and just today retesting on an old FlySky FS-CT6B radio, I've come to the conclusion that my 9X is the problem. It continues to be fine very close in, but the problems start to show as soon as I take it out 10 or 20m from my position.
I went back through all my old video, and found that the first of the little glitches happened the day I tried out my FrSky DJT module and rx. I've since gone back and used the original 9X module and the same thing happens - so I think the act of removing and replacing modules has moved/broken something internally.
The question is what though, and how I should go about fault finding. I've opened it up and looked for any bad solder joints. I have to say the ones on the switches and pots aren't very clean - but they do seem to be working ok. I had a really good look at the back board where the modules plug in, and I can't see anything amiss. I should point out though that I'm no electronics engineer.
The radio has also had a backlight and smartieparts board installed by me (if any of this is relevant), but it has flown glitch free after the backlight was installed, and the glitching started before the smartieparts board was installed.
Though a few people have suggested "buy a Futaba", aside from the cost involved, I really *really* like er9x , and when it works the radio does everything I want it to.
It's a popular radio, so I figure some of you guys must have had issues and found ways to repair them... please give me some tips on how to fault find mine
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|For Sale||Huge Lot Need it all gone!||warbirdfan1||Non R/C Items (FS/W)||20||Sep 17, 2012 08:08 PM|
|Question||Need advice on an E-bay transaction gone wrong||CiprianGugu||Other Websites||9||Apr 12, 2012 09:06 AM|
|Discussion||Its all gone horribly horribly wrong video.||MarkJayne||Foamies (Kits)||24||Jun 18, 2006 05:03 PM|
|Gone, all gone ... my Lexx is gone.||Ben Diss||Sport Planes||26||Jul 18, 2003 08:39 AM|