Feb 10, 2013, 07:26 AM
Dr John
Eric

Will Foam-Tac fix that thumb....

The one that drove your plane into the bush ??? ;<)

Dr John
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2013, 11:01 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpjohn View Post
eric

will foam-tac fix that thumb....the one that drove your plane into the bush ??? ;<)

dr john
lol
Feb 10, 2013, 05:51 PM

Foam Tac

Hi Guys
I tried to fix my thumb with Foam-Tac but all I did was stick it to my fore finger, so I'm trying something else, in my case dumb thumbs are a life long condition but I working on it. I blame my thumbs but I think it's really me....
The Mako is fixed my ego is busted, and I'll try again soon.

Eric

The Deacon of Beacon
Feb 10, 2013, 08:37 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Yup........ this should explain it
Feb 11, 2013, 05:19 AM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Guess I'm stuck in the house today so, I am going to finish up a bunch of projects that I have been unable to get to. First thing is CLEAN UP MY WORK BENCH, Regards
Eric
Frozen in NJ
A clean work bench is the sign of a sick mind.
Feb 11, 2013, 08:10 PM

Foam Tac

Hi Rickochet,

You hit the nail right on the head except one must have a mind in order for it to be sick, so I'm half way there.......lol.
What I meant is to straighten it up a bit, just to have enough room to work on my plane about 16"x24" worth of space. BTW build something and post pictures so I have something to do, besides watching the temperature drop!!!! it's freezing here.

Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Feb 12, 2013, 01:00 PM
Hoarding balsa is a sickness
Eric, sent you a PM...
Feb 12, 2013, 02:00 PM
Dr John
OK Eric

Here is something to look at. As much as I like to build I still enjoy throwing an occasional ARF together to just go fly. The Polaris Ultra is an out of the box build done 99% with Foam-Tac. The Ryan STA should not have required any glue but was broken in the box on arrival. Since Hobby King didn't feel the need to replace the broken fuselage I repaired it with Foam-Tac. The Polaris just had her maiden at my club field and I can hardly wait to get her to the lake.

Dr John
Feb 12, 2013, 02:11 PM
I made a smaller version of the Stingray (the babyray) and made up a snorkeler (named Steve) to fly around with. Built both in one week thanks to Foam-Tac. Steve is based on the Skyman, free plans are at http://www.skyman.at/

Dr. John, that's a nice looking Polaris. I have the original Balsa USA North Star up in the attic, and want to get a Polaris built sometime this year.
Feb 12, 2013, 02:17 PM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Hi Rickochet,

You hit the nail right on the head except one must have a mind in order for it to be sick, so I'm half way there.......lol.
What I meant is to straighten it up a bit, just to have enough room to work on my plane about 16"x24" worth of space. BTW build something and post pictures so I have something to do, besides watching the temperature drop!!!! it's freezing here.

Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Getting ready to start on a Mako kit and using FT v2 for the first time. Film at 11...

Rick
Feb 12, 2013, 02:24 PM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavelow View Post
I made a smaller version of the Stingray (the babyray) and made up a snorkeler (named Steve) to fly around with. Built both in one week thanks to Foam-Tac. Steve is based on the Skyman, free plans are at http://www.skyman.at/
That looks similar to the Flyguy by Otto Dieffenbach. Here is link on the flyguy. Should make a good FT project.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1505753
Feb 12, 2013, 02:36 PM
The Skyman is a bit simpler than the Flyguy, exposed prop and only has two control services (the legs). I plan to build a Skyman soon so I can evaluate the two designs. I'm very pleased with the Skyman as of now.

The Skyman design puts a lot of stress on the leg hinge joint, and Foam-Tac is holding up well for the hinge joint.
Feb 12, 2013, 02:38 PM
Oops, I plan to make a FLYGUY soon.
Feb 12, 2013, 03:55 PM
When pigs fly rc
Did you fly the skyman yet? I had some problems with mine. It liked to fly upside down like he was doing the back stroke. let me know how you make out.
Rich
Feb 12, 2013, 06:58 PM
I just did a couple of test hops. I have the battery pack on the left underside of the face and 5 degrees of right thrust and down thrust built into the motor mount. The battery is a 2C 600 mAh. From other posts it seems other Skyman like to roll right, but mine flew pretty straight. It's a little gusty here today so I kept it low and close. I hope to get it painted tonight and get some more stick time tomorrow.