Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:39 PM
jdlilfan is offline
Find More Posts by jdlilfan
Registered User
jdlilfan's Avatar
If you need any info or pics let me know? I have the standard dimensions, turn radius, cabin layouts, etc. No other technical pictures of systems otherwise other than schematics. I have some pics from work, would be willing to take more but I won't be back to work until Nov.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:54 PM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFLYBOY1 View Post
I wish my wife would see it that way all I ever get is grief.She says I have to many toys, and her day of fun is not going to the flying field.Maybe I should trade her in for a new model.
Lol I feel your pain Sir! . . . .95% of women of this planet feel & act the same way towards this hobby!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:55 PM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlilfan View Post
If you need any info or pics let me know? I have the standard dimensions, turn radius, cabin layouts, etc. No other technical pictures of systems otherwise other than schematics. I have some pics from work, would be willing to take more but I won't be back to work until Nov.
I appreciate that , I will probably need the 145's proper CG point, thank-you times a BILLION!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:59 PM
jdlilfan is offline
Find More Posts by jdlilfan
Registered User
jdlilfan's Avatar
Here is some good material about embraer's design of wings and airfoils. Something good to read if you wanna fall asleep!

http://www.scielo.br/pdf/jbsmse/v26n4/a04v26n4.pdf

Working on CG. We use an electronic W&B close out system that computes our CG so basically we have to do nothing in terms of planning. Ramp inputs the bag weights, agents input the passengers, and we input the fuel on board. Operations and a computer program does the rest and spits out the data. If we have to go manual, we use a wiz wheel to add everything up and see if the final index is within the applicable area.

Typically the plane sits at an index of -7 and around 28,000lbs empty. Toss in a full boat, 1200lbs of bags, and 6-8,000 lbs of gas and you will be around 46,000lbs and an index around -21/-22 with a stab setting of 8 degrees. As to where the datum is, I have no idea. Our manuals don't indicate any measurements.

I did find this though from an article: On an ERJ-145, "you have a center of gravity band measured mostly in inches." The mean aerodynamic chord for a -145 is a mere 112 in. and CG range is considerably narrower-just 20% to 27% of MAC or about 22-30 in. fore or aft.

http://atwonline.com/aircraftengines...ncing-act-0309

Where 112in is I am not sure? I'm assuming the inboard leading edge?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:12 PM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlilfan View Post
Here is some good material about embraer's design of wings and airfoils. Something good to read if you wanna fall asleep!

http://www.scielo.br/pdf/jbsmse/v26n4/a04v26n4.pdf

Working on CG. We use an electronic W&B close out system that computes our CG so basically we have to do nothing in terms of planning. Ramp inputs the bag weights, agents input the passengers, and we input the fuel on board. Operations and a computer program does the rest and spits out the data. If we have to go manual, we use a wiz wheel to add everything up and see if the final index is within the applicable area.

Typically the plane sits at an index of -7 and around 28,000lbs empty. Toss in a full boat, 1200lbs of bags, and 6-8,000 lbs of gas and you will be around 46,000lbs and an index around -21/-22 with a stab setting of 8 degrees. As to where the datum is, I have no idea. Our manuals don't indicate any measurements.

I did find this though from an article: On an ERJ-145, "you have a center of gravity band measured mostly in inches." The mean aerodynamic chord for a -145 is a mere 112 in. and CG range is considerably narrower-just 20% to 27% of MAC or about 22-30 in. fore or aft.

http://atwonline.com/aircraftengines...ncing-act-0309

Where 112in is I am not sure? I'm assuming the inboard leading edge?

JD. . .guys you have NO Idea how cool it is having a real 145 pilot helping me on my build. . . . Very Cool!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:23 PM
jdlilfan is offline
Find More Posts by jdlilfan
Registered User
jdlilfan's Avatar
Demon, I'm just as excited for your build(s). Would love to purchase the smaller kit to compliment my bigger ERJ I'm building.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:12 PM
Commander Clumsy is offline
Find More Posts by Commander Clumsy
Proud of Brushless Sprouts
Commander Clumsy's Avatar
Wow jdlilfan, that is some nice info.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:27 PM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Now onto the 145's tail & stabilizer, the 145's stab is 10-15% longer than the 120's & the Rudder tail is slightly different.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:30 PM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
145's 9mm depron Tail-Rudder & balsa stab & elevator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:58 PM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar

And then there where . . . . . .two!


Here are both the BA & Luxair 145's together with all thier fiberglass Nose & tail sections & tails In place, I'm amazed How fast I can build these babies!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:39 PM
Doushiyou12 is online now
Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Registered User
Doushiyou12's Avatar
Chris those look amazing. Knocking them out. Maiden this weekend
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:42 PM
jdlilfan is offline
Find More Posts by jdlilfan
Registered User
jdlilfan's Avatar
Looking great! Nice clean tails!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:52 PM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doushiyou12 View Post
Chris those look amazing. Knocking them out. Maiden this weekend
Thankyou Sir. . . .I wished but their gonna need wings & nacels first l0l
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:53 PM
demondriver is offline
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlilfan View Post
Looking great! Nice clean tails!
Thankyou my friend!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Slimer from Ghostbusters!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:47 PM
rcflyer4333 is offline
Find More Posts by rcflyer4333
Registered User
So I have 2 questions. When can I buy one and for how much??? They look so awesome by the way!!! Great work!!!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Embraer ERJ-145 build jdlilfan RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 220 Jun 14, 2014 05:28 AM
Build Log Erj-145 rmackelvey Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 67 Apr 07, 2012 08:35 PM
Discussion Project - ERJ-145 XR FANMAN Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 61 Jul 26, 2008 08:42 PM
For Sale Airplane model ERJ-145 modelplane Non R/C Items (FS/W) 3 Oct 16, 2005 11:31 AM
Need Info on Bombardier CRJ200 and Embraer ERJ-145 Regecide Life, The Universe, and Politics 0 Oct 15, 2003 10:17 PM